Inquiry Florida Herps..? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-19-2015, 12:17 AM   #1
ChrisReale
Question Florida Herps..?

Hello, I recently had a somewhat of a negative experience with Florida Herps and was wondering if anyone else has gone through them, or know someone else who has? I am new to this forum, but after my experience with Florida Herps I thought it was best for me to join to help educate myself with future purchases.

I ordered a water monitor from them and was very disappointed with its health. He seemed very lethargic from day 1 and also had a good amount of ticks on him. He died after 2 weeks due to internal parasites. With that said, Florida Herps had good costumer service and answered messages promptly and professionally. My concern is just the quality and health of the animals they are selling. I'm hoping my experience was a fluke.

Here is the message I sent to them with a response back.

" You Said:

Hello, I just wanted to inform you guys about a water monitor I purchased a few weeks ago. When he arrived he was a little lethargic and didn't have much of an appetite. I did contact y'all asking about the diet you guys provide, just to make sure I wasn't offering something it wasn't used to. He had a total of 5 ticks on him when I received him. I took him to a vet to have the ticks removed and have him examined. Today he died due to internal parasites. Y'all have had great customer service with me so far, but I was very disappointed with the health of the animal. I just want to voice this in hopes that the rest of the clutch will be looked over. I plan on ordering another one, I just need to be more careful who I order from this time.

Thanks,
Chris Reale
Re: Health issues with my purchase
16th Mar 2015 @ 7:52 PM

Florida Herps Said:

Mr. Reale,

I am very sorry to hear that! I can tell you that we do test and in needed treat them for a number of different internal parasites. We actually own and operate our own Testing Facility (ReptiLabs) and are owned by Dr. William Thompson.

Ticks are a problem with monitors down here in FL, mites as well. They do get treated for them too, but this is like fleas on dogs, even with treatment there is always a chance. Not sure what happened there, but only one other customer has contacted us with a problem. She said her baby had 1 tick on it. All of the ones from your clutch are gone, what we currently have in stock are 4 left from the most recent clutch and another one due in 3-4 weeks. I will forward this to Dr. Bill though just so he knows.

Again I am very sorry this happened."

Old 03-19-2015, 12:28 AM   #2
Snake-Queen
A quick search brings up a number of negative posts.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...archid=4040537

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!