Fowlkes Reptiles (Inquiry) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-19-2006, 05:09 PM   #1
ambrosemurphy
Unhappy Fowlkes Reptiles (Inquiry)

Anyone have any dealings with or references for Fowlkes Reptiles out of Frederick, MD?

Had some "sound the alarm" responses from them in response to basic questions I asked regarding a listing they posted on kingsnake for a pair of het albino Kunashir Island Ratsnakes...

I am DEFINITELY not interested after receiving their responses, but now my curiosity is piqued about their general rep...am wondering if I should post the e-mail thread here to alert other potential customers to beware?

May be "nothing wrong", but they sounded my alarm bells enough to lose this sale

Old 10-09-2006, 12:51 PM   #2
jrsnakeman
Inquiry about Fowlkes Reptiles

The response to the inquiry about my business is completely unfair. The gentleman responding to the inquiry about my credibility has no factual basis to cast doubt on my credibility. I posted an ad for het albino kunasir ratsnakes. I bred these animals for two years and sold all of the babies to a local pet shop. This gentleman asked me to send photos of some albino babies. When I told him that I did not have any photos, he asked me how did I know they were albinos. I told him I knew because I produced albinos from them for two years. Apparently my response not satisfied this gentleman and he decided to leave a post to cast doubt on my credibility.

I have been breeding and selling reptiles since 1988. You will not find a former customer of mine that has anything negative to say about doing business with me. I bend over backwards for my customers and it is ridiculous for someone to say this about me that has never had any business dealings with me. I breed mostly high dollar investment animals, but I reserve a limited amount of space for snakes that I keep just because I love them. These kunasir ratsnakes were kept for that reason. People have to trust me enough to send me thousands of dollars and it is a shame that I get this post after being in the business for almost twenty years by someone that I have never conducted any business with. I suggest that if you want to know about me, ask some of my previous customers:
Brian from BHB
Ian from Outback Reptiles
Pete from Peter Kahl Reptiles
Oz From Ozzy Boids

Old 10-10-2006, 01:46 PM   #3
evansnakes
Marvin, add me to your list. Marvin is a great guy with excellent animals. It also doesn't hurt that he is a very good guy to talk to and hang out with.

Old 10-10-2006, 07:10 PM   #4
Tom Barnhart
Marvin is a good guy who has some very, very nice animals. I hung out with him all weekend at the Tinely Park show and would not hesitate to do business with him.

Old 10-10-2006, 08:21 PM   #5
BallBoutique
Marvin a great guy period.
I go back many years.

Old 10-10-2006, 08:59 PM   #6
ambrosemurphy
Good References...

Thanks...glad to see he's a "Good Guy"...a bit odd that the responses are appearing 2 months after I posted my inquiry

Doesn't affect my feelings regarding my decision not to buy the snakes in question however...I don't by hets from anyone regardless of "who they know" without photos of at least the parents...lack of photo evidence was the main issue here for me...

Old 10-12-2006, 12:13 AM   #7
evansnakes
Barry, you posted this as an "inquiry" which means you wanted references on the guy. So now that you get them you post that you had no interest in dealing with him anyway and you take a stab at those of us who came to respond to your looking for info on this person. Not too cool.

Old 10-12-2006, 11:00 AM   #8
ambrosemurphy
Quote:
Originally Posted by evansnakes
Barry, you posted this as an "inquiry" which means you wanted references on the guy. So now that you get them you post that you had no interest in dealing with him anyway and you take a stab at those of us who came to respond to your looking for info on this person. Not too cool.
My decision not to buy the snakes in question was clearly stated in my original post. Yes, the post was made as an "inquiry"...the inquiry portion was related to the general business rep for the seller...also pretty clearly stated in my original post. Just because I had decided not to get these particular snakes does not preclude my possible interest in future dealings with this seller. Not sure what "stab" you claim I was taking at responders, wasn't intended as such...

Old 10-12-2006, 12:21 PM   #9
cyberfrog
I also will jump on the good guy bandwagon for Marvin. I saw the Kunashirs he sold to Rick Krumrine and they are top notch animals. Marvin even gave him a better deal than the guy at MARS who had another adult pair. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him.

Old 10-12-2006, 03:17 PM   #10
Ophidiophile
Though it has been quite a while, I bought some snakes from him years ago that were A-1 and at the time, quite rare. I remember in that sale that he was friendly, knowledgeable and accomodating. He made an impression on me as a definite good guy. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with Marvin again and hope I have the opportunity to do so.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!