Scarlet Macaw and cage for sale in alabama - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Birds > Birds For Sale/Wanted Ads

Notices

Birds For Sale/Wanted Ads Posting of classified ads by registered members is FREE!! But additional perks require contributing level memberships.

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 01:28 PM   #1
faithfortheocean
Scarlet Macaw and cage for sale in alabama

Scarlet Macaw and cage for sale in Alabama. 9 year old male dna'd, although do not have papers proving he is, only word from previous owner. in full feather, not a picker. he is very tame although can be nippy and moody sometimes. sorry, pics not available. $600.00 for him and cage. to good home only. would make a good breeder bird also. 334-496-4306
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-13-2007, 10:12 PM   #2
HISSREPTILES
What part of alabama are you in?

Old 01-13-2007, 10:16 PM   #3
Wilomn
A Scarlet Macaw with no pics for 600.00.

Sounds too good to be true.

Old 01-13-2007, 10:18 PM   #4
HISSREPTILES
i live close enough to see!

Old 01-14-2007, 05:57 PM   #5
jim0602

Not at all. The bird business is in as bad a slump as the reptile. Why don’t you people just call instead of automatically trying to make this person out to be a scam ??? I had a perfect/flawless pair of blue and gold’s given to me last month because the person was tired of them.

Old 01-15-2007, 07:01 AM   #6
HISSREPTILES
I am not saying it is too good to be true! I tried to call and got no answer just wondering where they are so i can pick up in person!

Old 01-15-2007, 12:17 PM   #7
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim0602

Not at all. The bird business is in as bad a slump as the reptile. Why don’t you people just call instead of automatically trying to make this person out to be a scam ??? I had a perfect/flawless pair of blue and gold’s given to me last month because the person was tired of them.
Simple. Here, on the west coast, while you may find the occasional very inexpensive macaw, it is almost always because the bird is a problem. A screamer, more than normal, or feather plucker, or nervous or just plain mean. And even those will bring more than 600.00.

It simply seems to good to be true.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:26 PM   #8
Wolfy-hound
I've found that here(in my area of florida) there are quite a few large parrots that have been offered for low prices, but NOT scarlett macaws. Talking to bird people(which I am not) they seem of the opinion that scarletts are more rare than blue and golds, which on a RARE occasion have been offered very low, $500 with cages. However, if I were scamming people I think I would not say the bird "can be nippy and moody sometimes." If they are running a scam, why not go ahead and say that the bird is the sweetest baby, and loves to be handled, gives kisses.. etc etc. And why not run it at a higher price? I don't know why someone couldn't get pics of a bird to put up for the sale ad, but hey, it could be.
Wolfy

Old 11-26-2007, 05:14 PM   #9
santor_1126
Scarlet Macaw Baby For Sale

Scarlet Macaw Baby-
This big sweetheart is ready to go. He was raised in a home alongside other Bird babies and along with dogs and cats. He is very friendly and confident in His interaction with people and children. He was weaned onto a healthy pelleted, and seed Diet along with human grade natural foods. He loves his fruits & nuts...

As these big Macaws (Scarlets') are definitely not for the novice bird owner and their Housing requirements are considerable, we are very concerned about seeing that the Buyer is knowledgeable and aware of the large commitment that goes with sharing a Home with these very large macaws. So please be willing to answer some questions If you respond to wanting to purchase him. (Unsexed)

He does have a good start on talking-Hello, Hi, Mama, Laughs, Step Up-- He is now trying to put together ,hello mama, when I walk into the room. He can also put his wings up on command. Has a
Habit of asking for kisses with his tongue...Huge lover. I have pictures of him sticking his tongue in my daughters ears..while on her shoulders...he is a big ham...LOL and laughs after my daughter starts.
He is a comical Macaw baby. Many pictures available ....

$1,000.00-

Old 04-21-2010, 04:34 AM   #10
pnscar
would you consider a trade for two lesser sulphur crested toos? if so please call john at 850-653-5114

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread