BoaMaster? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:37 PM   #1
Yaz23
BoaMaster?

Hey all,

I'm looking to buy at least 8 cages from BoaMaster. Any have comments on their cages? I'm looking at the 4 footers, 3 the footers, and tell them to make some arboreal cages as well.
Pros/cons??? Are they good quality? I know you have to put them together once they arrive. Do they end up coming out good after constructed? Is the material they are made of good? Plastic better? Thanks!

Old 04-05-2008, 11:27 PM   #2
snakewrangler
I bought two cages from Mark (Boamaster) last month, and I'm so pleased with them that I plan on ordering a couple more in a few weeks.

Some people might see this as a downside, but the cages are heavy and take a while to assemble. It took me 3 days to assemble the pieces, screw in all the screws, wait for my silicone sealant to dry, and adjust the heat to the appropriate level. The cage material is a combination of countertop laminate, finished wood, and plexiglass. I wasn't in a terrible rush, so I didn't mind the wait.

The good news is that the cages are indestructible. A bomb could go off outside your house, and your snakes would be fine. They hold heat and humidity extremely well, and are easy to wipe clean.

Mark was extremely patient on the phone and answered all my questions. He asked what the average temperature was in my herp room and recommended the appropriate size heat panel. Mark's products are awesome, and I can guarantee you I will buy more. Just make sure you have extra help when assembling/moving the larger size cages.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:48 PM   #3
Yaz23
How does that flexwatt heat tape work? Or did you do the radient heat panel?? Do you know if you could just put a heating pad (the ones made by zoomed) under the cage instead of using the heat tape or radient heat panels?

Is it easy to construct?

Old 04-06-2008, 12:05 AM   #4
Mr. Constrictor
I don't own any BoaMaster cages but I did check them out at the Hamburg ,Pa show in Feb. I was very impressed with the cages but i wasn't in need of any so I didn't buy one. I thought that they did have arboreal cages. I belive ( could be wronge, if so correct me ) they are meant to be heated with radient heat panels. IMO a Zoomed heat pad wont do anything to heat up there cages. Kinda like trying to cook a steak with a bic lighter.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:15 AM   #5
Yaz23
I havent seen them in person, so all I can look at is what they have on their site. On their site they dont have any arboreal cages so I will have to ask them to make me some. Are heat panels or flexwatt dangerous? How can you regulate them? I was told by the owner of BoaMaster (talked to him on the phone) and he said it just plugs into the wall with a plug like any other heat pad (at least thats what I understood). Is that right? Is the heat it puts out controllable? Flexwatt or heat panels better?

Old 04-06-2008, 12:19 AM   #6
snakewrangler
On the Boamaster website, some of the photos show flexwatt taped to the bottom of the cage. This is not something that I wanted to do since flexwatt can warp certain materials over a period of time. Instead, I opted for the radiant heat panel, which was shipped separately and installed before the cage was screwed together. I have it running off a Helix and it provides a very constant hot spot.

I asked the same question on a different section of this forum and the only reply I got was from a guy who was using an adhesive pad, and he said it worked fine.

Yes, it is easy to construct. All screw holes are pre-drilled, so you just go around with a cordless screwdriver and sink them in. My cages are the 48x30 models, so they are heavy and hard to move around without help.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:29 AM   #7
Yaz23
See, I plan on ordering 4 of the 48x24x19 and also some arboreals (changed my mind about the 3 footers, I probably dont need them). So there is going to be a decent amount of cages and having to spend $60 on each radiant panel on each cage is obviously going to add up to be extremely expensive. Any ideas on that? I'm getting mixed comments about using an actualy normal heat pad for these cages. Do they work or do they just dont do anything?

Also, do the cages come with all the screws? And is the radiant panel already installed and ready to be plugged in?

Old 04-06-2008, 07:49 AM   #8
Mike P.
I had one of the 8' x 3' x 30" cages from Mark - Once put together, that thing was solid - Very Nice cage, however extremely heavy - I can't comment on your heat set-up though as I had mine made with cutouts on top for overhead heat / lighting...

Old 04-06-2008, 07:58 AM   #9
snakewrangler
So is this an inquiry on Mark @ Boamaster, or did you just have some technical questions about his product?

Old 04-06-2008, 09:28 AM   #10
thestranger101
Great Guy

I have been talking to him about all new cages for Sunshinedragons.com

He is acomidating and all around nice person. Please let me know how you cage ends up. I plan on starting with 6-12 of his cage's.

I have to say, the cages are great, but as a consumer, he represents the product and stands behine it. Not to mention the cost.

I think Boamaster has everthing i need for ANY reptile needs.

I look forward to getting mine.

Mike
Sunshinedragons

I never post but i feel that i have found what i need in my cage.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!