Bored of Inquiry - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 01-29-2007, 12:44 PM   #1
Shrillomn
Bored of Inquiry

Webslave,
Speaking as someone who typically lurks in the shadows and watches, I feel compelled to comment on your latest experiment with this forum.

It would seem that the implementation of the Jr. Moderator Program has not had the effect that you intended when you shelled out the programming dollars to pay for it.

As I see it, the past week has very likely been one of the slowest in recent years and it would seem that at least a couple of your regular and respected posters, have all but abandoned the forum.

The search for intelligent conversation here, has been met with very limited results.

What’s next on the agenda?

How about we give away a free toaster with every new “verified” registration.

Old 01-29-2007, 12:50 PM   #2
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrillomn
What kind of toaster? I'm sick of my two-slotter. Who eats just two pieces of toast or frozen waffles? They're supposed to come in stacks of eight or more- if you're offering a solution to my culinary inefficiency I'd start to consider the ease of registering hotmail accounts.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:04 PM   #3
Lucille
Quote:

The search for intelligent conversation here, has been met with very limited results.
Disagree.

First of all, I do not see this place as a movie theater where you pay your bucks, buy your popcorn and settle in for entertainment, to me it is a more participatory experience.

There has been some good conversation here. A couple of real thoughtful threads in the new Stardust Lounge, and it seems like it is pretty much business as usual everywhere else. I checked today's stats and they appear about normal.

I would think that with such a different way of handling conflict that there might be discussion about the new system and there has been. I think everything going on here now is much as might be expected.

And anyway two slices of toast at a time are fine for me and that might be representative, if we were all like Seamus all toasters would have 8 spaces.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:22 PM   #4
Wolfy-hound
Well.. I always thought you put in one slice of bread, and one steel butter knife... isn't it SUPPOSED to pop and spark?
Just a question, you put in bread, toast pops out. Ever wonder where the bread went? I gots a theory....
Wolfy

Old 01-29-2007, 01:24 PM   #5
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy-hound
Well.. I always thought you put in one slice of bread, and one steel butter knife... isn't it SUPPOSED to pop and spark?
Just a question, you put in bread, toast pops out. Ever wonder where the bread went? I gots a theory....
Wolfy
Does it involve a cat looking for a place to land, butter and some duct tape?

Old 01-29-2007, 01:32 PM   #6
WebSlave
Quote:
Webslave,
Speaking as someone who typically lurks in the shadows and watches, I feel compelled to comment on your latest experiment with this forum.

It would seem that the implementation of the Jr. Moderator Program has not had the effect that you intended when you shelled out the programming dollars to pay for it.

As I see it, the past week has very likely been one of the slowest in recent years and it would seem that at least a couple of your regular and respected posters, have all but abandoned the forum.

What’s next on the agenda?

Seems to be working for me. I was able to go away for the weekend, and didn't even check in here even once. And when I came back, no emergencies awaiting me and things running smoothly. Matter of fact, on Sunday evening when I checked, there were over 150 logged in registered members. Posting of new messages was actually substantially over average, especially for a Sunday. So how do you define "slow"?

Didn't you say a while back that your job here was finished and we wouldn't be hearing from you here again? Trolling is much more effective if it isn't so blatant, you know.......

Oh, and btw, NO registrations are verified here. That went out the window when the paid participation within the BOI went out the window. But you know that........

Old 01-29-2007, 01:33 PM   #7
Chameleon Company
Just a touch of irony, but Shrill picked up a warning point for "failure to post real name" in the BOI. Just as "does a tree fall in the woods if no one hears it?", "does something have teeth if it only bites air" ? Just a rhetorical "why bother?".

Old 01-29-2007, 02:44 PM   #8
Wolfy-hound
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
Does it involve a cat looking for a place to land, butter and some duct tape?
Nope. It's my own theory of trade with an universe similar to ours. They have toast, we have bread. So in a intergalatic trade association gone right, we have a successful trade going on, using the wormhole generator inaccurately called a 'toaster'.
Unfortunately, it's not all beer and skittles.
The second trade deal went awry. Haven't you ever wondered what happened to the socks? And never considered that it was related to the extra clothes hangers that appear in the closet?
Next up, we're working on politicians.. pretty much anything we get in exchange would be a step up, but even other universes are not naive enough to trade in raw sewage. We're thinking of dressing them in kitten costumes.. might get a few hundred out before they catch on...
Wolfy( a little bit twisted and demented...)

Old 01-29-2007, 03:11 PM   #9
Gary O
To tell you the trth I think the BOI is back to the way it once was. I liked it back then. I can not comment on the rest of the forums. I do not post much. But hell............. The BOI......... it is what it is. I still say people need to post their good dealings more.

Old 01-29-2007, 03:12 PM   #10
Dragondad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy-hound
Nope. It's my own theory of trade with an universe similar to ours. They have toast, we have bread. So in a intergalatic trade association gone right, we have a successful trade going on, using the wormhole generator inaccurately called a 'toaster'.
Unfortunately, it's not all beer and skittles.
The second trade deal went awry. Haven't you ever wondered what happened to the socks? And never considered that it was related to the extra clothes hangers that appear in the closet?
Next up, we're working on politicians.. pretty much anything we get in exchange would be a step up, but even other universes are not naive enough to trade in raw sewage. We're thinking of dressing them in kitten costumes.. might get a few hundred out before they catch on...
Wolfy( a little bit twisted and demented...)
I personally have tried sending myself with the socks on their trip.....I am not sure want to give too many more details. Sending the politicians would be great but my fear is they would just send us lawyers, and if the politicians also happens to be a lawyer then it would be two for one back. No offense Lucille, most of my family is lawyers, including one nurse/lawyer.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!