new member - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:47 PM   #21
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmorphs View Post
I don't know what she's talking about....I just know she sent me the e-mail she posted and I responded. Nothing else was ever said about it until she started slinging mud when I joined this site.
I'd hardly call this "mudslinging." She has a right to be concerned as she apparently has much more invested in the name.

I'm sure that you would feel the same if you were in her shoes, anyone would that was trying to build a "Brand."

Old 12-24-2011, 10:12 PM   #22
pythonpaintjobs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
He says he's been using it longer, but darned if I could find hide nor hair of him when I did a detailed web search before settling on the name myself. All I found was some old KS posts I stumbled across accidentally, and he hadn't been active for a long time before that.

When I approached him not long ago about changing it, I was basically told to go fornicate myself. Another person using the name had no problems changing theirs, and I was happy to send them some stuff to make them feel good about it as well.

But, the name leads back here and to me, even under his spelling.
And, I own the .com's for that spelling of the name.

So how far could he possibly go with it? It just boggles my mind that someone can *know* someone else has established an online rep with a name on several forums, and still go ahead and use it like nothing's wrong. I will step in and disassociate myself with him at every chance I feel I need to, because he's not getting the benefit of my rep if I can help it, and I sure don't want his. If he's hoping I'll drop it, he hasn't done much research on me.
This is mudslinging..........she may have more invested, but I have SEVERAL thousand dollars in also AND had the name first which is the cause of all the drama she created. I have a full time job and 3 kids so I don't have time to be on the internet posting 50 times a day. I post threads occasionally and during spring sell my offspring on KS. I've never needed to go anywhere else. Just because she's on more forums as an active member doesn't give her the right to the name. Wasn't that her original point??? She had the name first?? If this was her point she didn't do her research like she said............

Old 12-25-2011, 08:55 AM   #23
deborahbroadus
Quote:
This is mudslinging..........she may have more invested, but I have SEVERAL thousand dollars in also AND had the name first which is the cause of all the drama she created. I have a full time job and 3 kids so I don't have time to be on the internet posting 50 times a day. I post threads occasionally and during spring sell my offspring on KS. I've never needed to go anywhere else. Just because she's on more forums as an active member doesn't give her the right to the name. Wasn't that her original point??? She had the name first?? If this was her point she didn't do her research like she said............
I don't want to go back and forth with you. I am mainly trying to make sure we are on the same page? This is what I am seeing...

She's already busted you in at least one lie right here. (that she was supposedly nasty to you.)

Yes, you had the name before her. But her point is that you were not using it as a business name, just a forum username (she can correct me if I am wrong). Does this mean that everyone now automatically has claim to every forum username they've ever had, as a legit business name? No.

In the time while you were gone, Shadera busted her behind to make MagickalMorphs HER brand (including tying up the name). I'm sure she must have a hard time wrapping her head around people associating the name with you, when your participation has been limited to the corner of one forum, and her life has been built about building her "Goodwill" to go with her name, and we have already seen how important a Name/Reputation is in this community.

Frankly, I'm not really sure where you got those extra posts that you've copied and pasted, but the link she gave does seem to show the history. It's very difficult for me to believe that you've got more invested or should be considered to have as much invested in the name, simply because you have a few grand in it (which is not the point anyway)? I KNOW that Shadera has more than a few grand invested in the name as her business entity.

Frankly, I think it's in extremely poor taste to use the name under fire on this forum after she obviously told you where she hangs out (if she didn't, I apologize for assuming that she told you about Fauna being her home since you have never visited before now.)

Old 12-25-2011, 09:00 AM   #24
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Hey everyone I just joined and wanted to introduce myself. I'm Chris Hall and have been breeding balls for about 4 years now. I'm a hobbyist, but take great pride in my small collection of about 30. I love the species and all the potential of the different combos. I'm currently working on (fingers crossed) spider mystic potion, mystic potions, pastel calicos, pieds and a several other single gene animals. I've been a long time member of another forum and look forward to meeting some new people and hearing some new ideas. Chris
BTW, your actual join date is: Join Date: 09-22-2011

Old 12-25-2011, 11:06 AM   #25
Lucille
Each of y'all has time and money invested. Each of y'all has a past, and a future. Each of y'all may have members and potential customers looking through this thread.

It is hard to make a major concession when one feels like one is in the right, and each of you feel that way. But continued friction will not help either of you. You are here because you love reptiles, and because each of you does some selling and you want to work hard and make sure you develop a following.

Chris, you are junior here on this site. I suggest you consider a new name but maybe this name in your signature, with a disclaimer that you are not related to Shadera's biz.

Shadera, if Chris does this, perhaps the two of you can do what you do in computers sometime, use the go-back feature, and reacquaint yourselves on better terms.

It's a new year coming up.

Old 12-25-2011, 12:32 PM   #26
pythonpaintjobs
[quote=deborahbroadus;1399002]I don't want to go back and forth with you. I am mainly trying to make sure we are on the same page? This is what I am seeing...

She's already busted you in at least one lie right here. (that she was supposedly nasty to you.)

Yes, you had the name before her. But her point is that you were not using it as a business name, just a forum username (she can correct me if I am wrong). Does this mean that everyone now automatically has claim to every forum username they've ever had, as a legit business name? No.

In the time while you were gone, Shadera busted her behind to make MagickalMorphs HER brand (including tying up the name). I'm sure she must have a hard time wrapping her head around people associating the name with you, when your participation has been limited to the corner of one forum, and her life has been built about building her "Goodwill" to go with her name, and we have already seen how important a Name/Reputation is in this community.

Frankly, I'm not really sure where you got those extra posts that you've copied and pasted, but the link she gave does seem to show the history. It's very difficult for me to believe that you've got more invested or should be considered to have as much invested in the name, simply because you have a few grand in it (which is not the point anyway)? I KNOW that Shadera has more than a few grand invested in the name as her business entity.

Frankly, I think it's in extremely poor taste to use the name under fire on this forum after she obviously told you where she hangs out (if she didn't, I apologize for assuming that she told you about Fauna being her home since you have never visited before now.)[/QUote

Like you said I had the name first.... I have sold snakes under this name for the last 4+ years. What I want to know is when was I gone??? The screen shot she posted only has 1 of my post. I didn't even know about this feature until I saw her post that. If you go to the KS ball python archives for each year and type in +magicalmorphs all as 1 word you'll see where all the posts came from that I copied in this thread. I wasn't aware of this being her home. I'm sorry she was offended, but offended for what? I'm the one that has been insulted here. She said she had the name first (lie), she said I told her to go $%@# herself when she e-mailed me (lie), she said I was absent for a couple years (lie), she said I'm trying to ride her reputation (lie never heard of her.) Everything she's accused me of has been a lie. The truth is I do want to change my name not because of her but because I want something different. When I come up with something I will until then I'll just be magicalmorphs. Chris

Old 12-25-2011, 12:35 PM   #27
JColt
Welcome Chris and Merry Christmas.

Imho, This whole episode should have been discussed behind the scenes and not in a welcoming post.

Old 12-25-2011, 12:44 PM   #28
deborahbroadus
I see that there may be some confusion on Chris (OP)'s post re: USERNAME vs BUSINESS ENTITY.

Hopefully, this difference will be made clear.

Old 12-25-2011, 04:25 PM   #29
KelliH
I gotta be honest here guys. Chris has had this username longer than Shadera has been using it as her business/website name. Why should he change it? Especially after the (IMO) rude and uppity way she came at him.
Quote:
All you're doing now is riding MY coattails.
Give me a break...

Old 12-25-2011, 04:31 PM   #30
KelliH
And by the way, welcome to Fauna, Chris.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!