Melissa - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 07-04-2004, 01:59 AM   #21
tropheusfreak
Come give MN a visit It's nice here.

David

Old 07-04-2004, 03:28 PM   #22
Melle
I wish! I need a vacation lol

Old 07-13-2004, 08:46 PM   #23
Dragondad
Hello

I know you have had plenty of response from the other Michiganders. So anyway, Hello, I am in Grand Rapids. Not that far but just as much a duck out of water here. Drop me an email sometime we can discuss Western Michigan weather....or at this point how hot and humid it is.....

Old 07-31-2004, 03:13 PM   #24
sirenofthestorm
looks like I'm pretty late to the conversation, but I grew up in Kentwood (SE side of Grand Rapids) and now live in the Ypsi Arbor area.

I spent the 02 03 school year in Austin, TX at UT, and it made me really appreciate Michigan, especially considering how much I HATED living here before I went to Texas. Looking back, Michigan - even the Detroit and Ann Arbor scene - is pretty boring compared to Austin and Houston, but I really like the kindness of the people that live here. The whole "each man to himself" mentality really got me down, I don't think I could live in the south unless there was a strong northern transplant like in Florida or Arizona.

Besides, its not really a friday night unless you go to Meijers now is it, eh, eh?

-Whit

Old 08-01-2004, 12:17 AM   #25
Melle
Quote:
Originally posted by sirenofthestorm

Besides, its not really a friday night unless you go to Meijers now is it, eh, eh?
Truer words were never spoken hehe. i dont know WHAT i would do without Meijers.

Old 06-18-2005, 08:32 PM   #26
kiote9
Kalamazoo area here!

It's great to see how many other Michiganders post here!!

It's also nice to know that SOMEONE else feels better about Michigan after moving to another state. I lived in Indiana for 1 1/2 years and Florida for 3 years. I am staying in Michigan for the rest of my life....winter isn't THAT long.

We need a monthly reptile show in a more central location so all of us can meet chat and buy reptiles. I go to the Valparaiso, IN show every month to buy live feeders and chat up people. Casey Hulse suggested the Taylor, MI show, but I haven't made it over there yet.

I didn't know they don't salt in Lansing! They do over here.

Who but a Michigander would understand the importance of Meijer???????

Thanks for posting Melle! It took me a long time to find this thread, but it put a smile on my face!!

Old 06-19-2005, 05:11 AM   #27
Nate
It's good to be home!

I just moved back to SE Michigan this past fall after living in Chicago for the last 5 years. I've lived in many parts of the country, but I always return here. There must be something...

Quote:
We need a monthly reptile show in a more central location so all of us can meet chat and buy reptiles. I go to the Valparaiso, IN show every month to buy live feeders and chat up people. Casey Hulse suggested the Taylor, MI show, but I haven't made it over there yet.
The Taylor show is pretty descent and it beats the old East Lansing show if anybody remembers that one (even though Jerry is a swell guy). It is definitley up and coming in my opinion. Cheers to all the Michiganders!

Old 06-19-2005, 05:23 AM   #28
DAND
The Taylor show is pretty good. I attend every month. Feel free to stop on by and introduce yourselves. Just look for the long haired hippie. I'm usually across from Casey. Though I don't live there now I used to live in Michigan (Livonia) for about 20 years. Go WINGS! [There better be Hockey this year!]

Old 06-27-2005, 11:08 PM   #29
Melle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiote9

Thanks for posting Melle! It took me a long time to find this thread, but it put a smile on my face!!
No problem! I posted this thread a loooong time ago, lol. but its great to see how many michiganders keep herps!!

So I should look for the long haired hippie huh? Lol. I attend as many taylor shows as i can, and i was at the last 3 of them. i'm sure ive seen you before and you probably have seen me....maybe. although I dont think i know who Casey is, i just know people by face.

Old 06-27-2005, 11:13 PM   #30
Melle
Wait, i know who Casey Hulse is I bought my savannah monitor from them a little over a year ago. And he's doin great

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!