They're "Good People" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 05-20-2005, 11:28 AM   #1
Lucille
They're "Good People"

Each of the forums here has its own aura; in contrast to the barroom brawl atmosphere of Hell, for instance, the Welcome Club is meant to be an easy, friendly place where once can relax and feel comfortable.

I am starting this thread to honor those people who are particularly helpful here on Fauna; not exactly in a business sense, since there is a place for that on the BOI, but more to honor them in the manner they go out of their way to help others on the forums with information or other assistance.

My first "Good People" award goes to Mike Greathouse; he has gone out of his way to post helpful replies to my questions having to do with boas. I have recently acquired several new boas and have been seeking ways to streamline and improve my snake husbandry practices, and several people including Mike have gone out of their way to help me. Thank you, Mike, and thank you to those who have helped me with boa answers.

OK, who do YOU know that goes out of their way to be helpful and kind on Fauna? Please list their name and tell why YOU think they deserve a "good people" mention here.

Old 05-20-2005, 11:36 AM   #2
Rebel Dragons
Well I for one would like to honor Lucille for being a great person.

When I first started participating on Fauna she answered all the questions I had without any delay. Also when using the Fauna fund she made it simple for me to post and was very helpful during the entire transaction.

Thanks Lucille!!!

Old 05-20-2005, 11:43 AM   #3
Rebel Dragons
2 more people too, then I am done.

Robin,
Thanks for talking on the phone with me last week. You were very helpful with my choosing my first snake and I appreciate all your advice. It's great to be able to talk to someone who "knows" what they are talking about.

Robin I look forward to your help in the future.

Also Wes, He was helpful in my learning the ins and outs here on fauna. Without his help and advice I would have gave up and left fauna completely.

Thanks Wes

Old 05-20-2005, 03:11 PM   #4
robin d.
i have to thank everyone here who posts because everyday i learn something new be it about reptiles, a person or political affairs or even general business, i learn something new every day.

i have to give props to some of my homies...Kelli Hammack, Marcia McGuiness, Cody@ progeckos, Jeremy Letkey, Xavier, Monte , Overton, xelda (Olivia), Alice, Ro Hill (she is the martha stewart of the reptile community), Robert (the hypo gecko), Rob Jenkins, Kev and Char, Gus, Mike (Greathouse) is a great asset , my loverboy, Wes and Tim Cole (my wonderful neighbor)!!!!!
i am sure there are others i missed but seems like i have been having a constant brain fart... oh yeah and tony (indigo girls-Galileo) and mike my friend with a great sense of humor and great wt.
and "the slave" for providing us this community, even with all its pissing matches, arguments (even the nasty ones >=o)> ),bull****tingness, and horrible typoers and people with various screen names."slave" i am not trying to kiss your bum but rather giving you the appreciation for offering us this site and puttin up with ALL of OUR poo.

umm lucille i do not see moderator as your title so who put you in charge of editing posts, if you would have let my post stay it would have never strayed.. so i hope you realize you ruined your own post. hey since ya have the "power" why dont ya just delete it? i guess im not on ignore after all

Old 05-20-2005, 04:13 PM   #5
dragonflyreptiles
Lucille is a great lady, she helped me threw some rough decisions about where to send my 5 year old to school, I had too many opinions from my family and some were off the wall, I sent Lucille the info on the school I was looking at and wanted her opinion as a mom and as an outsiders view and she really made me feel good about being able to make the deicision.

There are alot of others, Ill post more later!

Old 05-20-2005, 07:16 PM   #6
robin d.
hey lucille what the hell editing MY POST

Old 05-20-2005, 07:29 PM   #7
dragonflyreptiles
Ok here's more:
nicolai - this guy has some kind of 6th sense, when I am having my worst days he always seems to PM me and make my day, not sure how he does it but he does.

Webslave - for putting up with me and some really stupid questions threw the times and for the site in general, not sure where Id be without it

Wes - gotta like him, he can say some uplifting things at needed times that is very appreciated and helps me stay on the right track

Chris J - same as Wes, he has given me some helpful uplifting comments too that really made me feel like I am on the right track

The entire Leo "click" way too many to list and explain how each one has helped me - just an amazing bunch of people, may not always agree about verything but are normally very good at debates and are just a great group of people to make everyday a good day in the leo world

Shrap, mycurlylocks, Dennis Hultman & Rebel Dragons - have been helpful for letting me know when I do make a better than good post and from them it really means something to me

Lots and lots of others, Ive had a horrible day and can't think of all I want to say right now

Old 05-20-2005, 07:43 PM   #8
robin d.
hi jay... if you are going to point me you are going to have to point lucille for goating., baiting or antagonizing... since i did nothing to compromise this posted in the begining except statoing who i give thanks to

Old 05-20-2005, 08:31 PM   #9
Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin s.
hi jay... if you are going to point me you are going to have to point lucille for goating., baiting or antagonizing... since i did nothing to compromise this posted in the begining except statoing who i give thanks to
Robin,
I responded to this post which was reported to all mods:
Quote:
hey lucille what the hell editing MY POST
Since this post doesn't really violate any of the forum rules, there was nothing to address. I have no idea what Lucille took exception to in your previous post because it has been edited. As for where Lucille "goated," "baited," or "antagonized" you, it is unclear to me where she has done so in this topic.

Old 05-20-2005, 08:41 PM   #10
robin d.
Arrow

she goated me by editing my post for the term bum kissing.... i mean if she would have let my post stand she would not not ruined her own thread. i am pretty sure who reported this thread....... so you know whatever

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!