They're "Good People" - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 05-20-2005, 09:38 PM   #11
Wilomn
Wow.

IF lucille somehow edited Robin's post, which I am rather curious about, THAT would really suck.

jay, if you're still on and since you are already watching this thread, could you respond as to whether or not lucille did edit another member's post, how and why she has this ability, if she does, and explain what it portends for the future?

thank you in advance,
Wes

Old 05-20-2005, 10:43 PM   #12
WebSlave
Back in January when I set up this forum, I specifically asked Lucille if she would mind being in charge of it. I felt this was an area where subject matter would be discussed that she would be the most appropriate person to deal with the management and interaction details between the people I envisioned spending time in this forum.

The REASON I wanted to set up this forum was because one of our members had recently mentioned that she had been diagnosed with cancer. I asked Lucille if maybe we should have a place where people can come to in order to discuss the everyday ups and downs in life that just wouldn't seem appropriate discussing elsewhere on this site. A place just where friends can talk about "things" and maybe have a shoulder to lean on when needed.

As such, yes, I made Lucille the moderator of this forum. That means that when YOU come in here and post something she doesn't feel is fitting in her forum, then she can remove it at will. I gave her the responsibility and the authority to do so. That's just the way it is in this forum. I suggest that anyone who doesn't like that situation should probably either adapt to the reality of it, or just stay out of here. From what casual thinking I have done about this situation, those are your only two options that I can see.

Old 05-20-2005, 11:06 PM   #13
robin d.
can i have my very own forum?

Old 05-20-2005, 11:10 PM   #14
Rebel Dragons
Wow, I am pretty shocked by all this. I found nothing terribly wrong with Robin's post. It's classic Robin......... I am saddened that a thread with such potential has been tainted.

I suppose this is one forum I will rarely participate in.

Old 05-20-2005, 11:23 PM   #15
Rebel Dragons
Ya know what? I respect Lucille a lot and that won't change. But she may have over stepped her bounds on this one. Robin's post was harmless and quite benign in nature.

Webslave I know you have said your peace and laid down the law on what happened here already, but I think you may have missed the mark.

JMHO

Old 05-20-2005, 11:23 PM   #16
robin d.
exactly... very poor judgment error... and yes i did give her nagative points so if she gets huffy that might be why... i think she may be losing allot of her "followers" by some of her recient actions. just my 1 peso

Old 05-20-2005, 11:32 PM   #17
Wilomn
I think one of the jobs of the mods here is to be FAIR and even handed. Ken and Dennis are VERY good examples of this.

The welcome forum is NOT.

I'll just be mosey'n on over to a place that's a bit more ...... well, fair IS the word that keeps coming to mind. I guess the personal feelings of those in "charge" of this one cannot be put aside and I just don't like it.

Old 05-20-2005, 11:47 PM   #18
Dennis Hultman
What was edited? I see "bum kissing" or " not kissing your bum" in the first post. Did she delete something or rearrange the words?

Old 05-20-2005, 11:48 PM   #19
robin d.
apparantly she gave me nagative points LOL for another incident not even pretaining to this one

"They're "Good Peop... 05-20-2005 08:39 PM lucille No Robin, you had your childish tantrum the other night with my points, enough, grow up please "
those negative points is refering to this post here:

"she goated me by editing my post for the term bum kissing.... i mean if she would have let my post stand she would not not ruined her own thread. i am pretty sure who reported this thread....... so you know whatever "

so not only does she edit where it pleases her in HER forum she also abuses the points system.. at least the points i gave were vallid and pretained to the post at hand. i guees she see's fit to give points on one posts for another threads issues, i guess it some attempt at a grudge LOL... those points really make you feel good huh? important maybe? special? LMAO
so when one is taken away it really chaps your hide ,eh? hehe

Old 05-21-2005, 12:03 AM   #20
robin d.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
What was edited? I see "bum kissing" or " not kissing your bum" in the first post. Did she delete something or rearrange the words?
ok originally the post was something very similar to what IS posted however Lucile removed a phrase or sentence consisting of the wods "kissing bum", as in "not to kiss your bum, webslave but thank you for this site" something similar to that... so she basically deleted certain parts of the thread to suit herself and her forum.. to what she liked, not what was actually posted

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!