They're "Good People" - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 05-21-2005, 01:04 AM   #31
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons
Robin posted today about all the people she thinks are great and at the end commented that she was not kissing bum. Which to someone thinking objectively appeared to be directed at Webslave and not Lucille. Lucille I assume took it as yet another stab at her and went what I think is a bit above and beyond by editing someone else's post.
JMHO
That appears to be the case. The way I read Robin's post as it is now, I would not have thought it had anything to do with Lucille.

Old 05-21-2005, 02:27 AM   #32
PaulSage
HOLY CHRISTMAS!!!

>SNAP<

It used to be my philosophy to not go hog-wild into defending someone else's opinions/actions or to not join in on ridiculing someone just because of a tiff that they're having that doesn't involve me, but this is honestly absurd.

If Rich felt Lucille was worthy of moderating something UPBEAT (like the WC) than I accept and respect his actions. After all, last time I checked, I was a member on HIS forum. So in my opinion, what HE says goes. If someone (anyone - even a close friend) came into MY house and started telling me that they didn't like the way that I ran things, GUESS what I'd be saying as I politely open the door for them.

Bickering takes two, so before anyone starts making accusations and pointing fingers, ask yourself what EACH party did that led up to the duel. I've seen Wes take part in numerous banters back and forth (which I find quite entertaining ) but he obviously knows what he's getting himself into, and I haven't seen him start complaining about the confrontations he plays a part in.

ANYWAY, this thread started as something POSITIVE remember. (at least in my opinion that I paid $10 bucks for, and I haven't used up all my $.02s yet) So, here are just a few of the people that I appreciate and would file under my "good people" column:

Wes - I think he's obviously a lot smarter than his signature says, and I appreciate his blend of courage, wisdom, advice and humor.
Robin S. - I think she has a lot of great knowledge and experiences to share, and although her humor leans a little toward sarcasm at times (like when she's posting ) I find myself identifying with her perspective, and I respect her for what she has to contribute.
Lucille - Sure, she's upbeat and positive, but SOMEONE has to balance out the spectrum here a little bit. I admire her courage and stamina when it comes to maintaining her optimism. Given her character, I understand why Rich would have made her a moderator of the WC.

I could list many more names (Cat, DAND, etc.) of people whom I appreciate very much on the forum, but I would end up unintentionally leaving even more names out. What hurts is to see some of the most intriguing and inspiring people here going at each other's throats. I don't care if you are at opposite ends of ANY spectrum. Each of us adds a different perspective and a little variety to the mix. That IS what a community is all about, right???

ARRRGH!
(okay I'm done.)

Old 05-21-2005, 03:10 AM   #33
robin d.
ok paul, that is a great post however what did i do to pee in HER house? i did not break any rules yet my post was edited for no apparant reason other than spite and why did she give me negative points related to another thread in another part of the coomunity? ... i just dont get it i try and post something nice and i am the one who gets pee'd on... now while i take points with a grain of salt... if it is for something not pretaining to the particular thread thats kinda stretching it a bit dontcha think? but bring on those negative points i honestly do not care =oP

Old 05-21-2005, 11:16 AM   #34
KelliH
Now Lucille is editing other members posts. That is just NOT right. And look at what she edited out?? It was not offensive to ANYONE but her. But it's ok, because it's Lucille, right?

Editing a post for one's own benefit or whathaveya is not the job of a moderator. Is she even a mod? Hmmm. If she is a mod here she should have the title "Mod" under her username.

I never liked the "teacher's pet". And I still don't. Sorry if that OFFENDS anybody but its the way I feel!

Old 05-21-2005, 11:18 AM   #35
Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn
jay, if you're still on and since you are already watching this thread, could you respond as to whether or not lucille did edit another member's post, how and why she has this ability, if she does, and explain what it portends for the future?
Wes,
I saw your post last night, but I didn't have an opportunity to respond until today. I think that Rich has adequately answered your question at this point, but if you have any further questions please feel free to PM me (or post them here).

Old 05-21-2005, 12:02 PM   #36
robin d.
wes, rich explain and yes she did edit my post

Old 05-21-2005, 12:36 PM   #37
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin s.
can i have my very own forum?
Coming soon, Robin's Nest

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
If she is a mod here she should have the title "Mod" under her username.
Kelli,

The problem I would see with that is she isn't a moderator throughout the whole site just specific sections.

The beginning of each section at the bottom of the page shows the active users and the mods. Here is the screen shot from the Welcome Club:
Attached Images

Old 05-21-2005, 12:53 PM   #38
robin d.
hey jay i see you waiting ::: waves hi ::

Old 05-21-2005, 02:57 PM   #39
KelliH
Quote:
The beginning of each section at the bottom of the page shows the active users and the mods. Here is the screen shot from the Welcome Club:
Ah, you are correct and I now see that it is clearly stated that Lucille is a Mod for the "Welcome Club" forum. Thanks for pointing it out.

Old 05-21-2005, 03:00 PM   #40
PaulSage
Quote:
ok paul, that is a great post however what did i do to pee in HER house? i did not break any rules yet my post was edited for no apparant reason other than spite and why did she give me negative points related to another thread in another part of the coomunity? ... i just dont get it i try and post something nice and i am the one who gets pee'd on... now while i take points with a grain of salt... if it is for something not pretaining to the particular thread thats kinda stretching it a bit dontcha think? but bring on those negative points i honestly do not care =oP
Robin, I think that sometimes it looks like you are singling Lucille out as being 'the bum-kisser', because like you said...

Quote:
bull****tingness, and horrible typoers and people with various screen names."slave" i am not trying to kiss your bum but rather giving you the appreciation for offering us this site and puttin up with ALL of OUR poo.
...A lot of people here appreciate Rich for providing this site despite the 'poo'. Why is it that when Lucille expresses her appreciation that it is considered 'bum-kissing'? Is it because 99% of Lucille's posts ARE positive and express her gratitude? I think this banter between Lucille and Robin manifested itself in the thread about Fauna and Favoritism, and is influencing both of their posts on other threads. I am not surprised to see it show up here as well, and I don't think that we'll ever see the end of it until both of you just accept each other's character and move on.

I don't want to pass judgment on the post-editing because I really don't understand what exactly was edited or how that works. ...But I can't say that I'm surprised given recent events. Another thing I don't understand is when people make an invitation at the end of their posts for the points to start flying, and then get bent out of shape when they hit the fan. What did you expect? If someone disagrees with me, not only is that fine with me, it's part of human nature.

I don't have rep. power, so it's a little hard for me to express my appreciation or compliance through that venue. When I do obtain that ability however, I'm not going use it just because I don't agree with someone. It's a double-edged sword. Although I admire it's ability to demonstrate who has earned a lot of respect on the forum, I worry that it is being used unnecessarily when people don't see eye-to-eye. Looking at the 'point-slinging-window', the negative point option says something about a BAD POST. I don't think that voicing your opinion in a post should ever be considered 'bad'.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!