They're "Good People" - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 05-21-2005, 03:04 PM   #41
Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin s.
hey jay i see you waiting ::: waves hi ::
Waiting? Waiting for what? Just because I leave a browser open doesn't mean that I am anxiously awaiting the next tidbit of inane online drama. I have more important things in my life than to worry about who you're bickering with this week.

Old 05-21-2005, 03:30 PM   #42
Ophis
quae nocent, docent.

After reading many of Lucille's posts, I would have to say that she is a "Great gal", but only in the spirit of "quae nocent, docent".

Old 05-21-2005, 03:37 PM   #43
WebSlave
I'll be quite honest about it, if I were in Lucille's shoes, I would just throw out all of the conflict in here and that would be that. I asked Lucille to manage this forum as a "friendly" place for people to hang out. As such, I would support her efforts IN THIS FORUM to keep it that way in any manner she sees fit to do that.

I made this HER forum to make it in the manner in which I had prescribed, and that also includes her taking steps to KEEP it that way as well. If someone does not like the way she runs this forum, then I suggest that you just stay out of it, or your posts are subject to whatever she wants to do to them to keep this forum the way I want it to be.

I hope this has now been made clear.

Old 05-21-2005, 03:49 PM   #44
KelliH
That's cool with me. As long as the posts in some of the other forums, like the Leo Forum or BOI, aren't subject to self motivated editing by someone other than the author, as well!

Old 05-21-2005, 04:04 PM   #45
Ophis
Walter Block

Wow Rich! Your last post reminded me alot of the title of a book by Walter Block I read recently.

Old 05-21-2005, 04:05 PM   #46
Wilomn
This may be "her" forum, but editing SOMEONE else's words, after ASSuming they were intended to bate HER, lucille, was NOT cool.

A simple query something along the lines of, "Robin I certainly hope you were not aiming that bum kissing comment at me because if you were I would take it personally and not appreciate it at all," would have been MORE than sufficient to head off any poo slinging or mangled feelings or dents to the all-precious rep points.

This was not done, and now we have a mess and yet another issue on which lines are being drawn and teams are being chosen.

Hopefully THIS post will not suffer as Robin's post did as I am truly trying to mend the mess here. If this is the way this forum is being run, where someone with such thin skin as lucille's seems to be, is given the power to change one's words to SUIT her, lucille, then it IS one which I will NOT be using once this thread is put to rest.

It needs to be fair to ALL or be moderated by the mods, in my opinion.

Forgot to put "at me" after "comment" above. Now the flow is much more betterer.

Old 05-21-2005, 05:06 PM   #47
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn
This may be "her" forum, but editing SOMEONE else's words, after ASSuming they were intended to bate HER, lucille, was NOT cool.

A simple query something along the lines of, "Robin I certainly hope you were not aiming that bum kissing comment because if you were I would take it personally and not appreciate it at all," would have been MORE than sufficient
Wes: I think your post here is a wise one. I do not in fact appreciate some of Robin's posts, yet you are more than correct that the way to deal with controversy is to meet it head on. You have told me as much in other conversations; and certainly you deal with life that way, and have been remarkably successful doing so.

The edit was not cool; and will not be repeated. When in the future comments are made that do not seem appropriate, they will be dealt with in a different manner.

This is a genteel forum, one where people can kick back, relax and talk. It will be kept that way for all to enjoy.

Thank you for coming here Wes, and helping; and I thank all of those who come and participate in my forums.

There are quite a few views and posts here, may I suggest that while you are perusing this thread, you take a moment to look around this forum and participate in some of the other threads that myself and others have started.

Many come from the heart, and many come from people who are talking about times and events in their lives that are very personal to them, but which they nonetheless share among you, their friends.

Y'all take care.

Old 05-21-2005, 05:10 PM   #48
Ophis
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
The edit was not cool; and will not be repeated. When in the future comments are made that do not seem appropriate, they will be dealt with in a different manner.

I give you mad props for that!

Old 05-21-2005, 05:29 PM   #49
Rebel Dragons
I am pleased to see you come and post Lucille and I too give you mad props for what you wrote.

However, I do believe it is Robin and not Wes that needed to be addressed in your post. You 2 need to get this crap behind you one way or the other already. Avoiding the main issue is only going to cause it to fester.

JMHO

Old 05-21-2005, 05:57 PM   #50
Wilomn
How about a good ol' fashioned knock down drag out fight over in Hell?

Yo Webby, how about firin' up one o' them fued-thread specials?

AHAHAHahahahahahHAHAhaHaHahahAHAHAHAHahahahahahahA HAHAHAHaHahahAHaha

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!