They're "Good People" - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 05-21-2005, 06:02 PM   #51
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn
How about a good ol' fashioned knock down drag out fight over in Hell?

Yo Webby, how about firin' up one o' them fued-thread specials?

AHAHAHahahahahahHAHAhaHaHahahAHAHAHAHahahahahahahA HAHAHAHaHahahAHaha
Sorry, but no. Personal conflicts really should be handled one on one in private. For those people who seem to need an audience for such things, please take it elsewhere.

Old 05-21-2005, 06:10 PM   #52
Wilomn
Rich, in all seriousness, you need to get a little icon that means, "the following is a joke, do not take it seriously, do not take offense, if you cannot see the humor, well, huston we have a problem."

Something simple, perhaps something, and this will date some of us, along the lines of Bozo the Clown.

Old 05-21-2005, 06:12 PM   #53
Rebel Dragons
#1 Where is Huston?

#2 Who is Bozo the clown?

Old 05-21-2005, 06:13 PM   #54
Rebel Dragons
Forgot the "joke icon" in previous post.............

Old 05-21-2005, 06:16 PM   #55
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons
#1 Where is Huston?

Damn kids nowadays. Don't know nuthin', don't got no sense of humor, and DON'T respect their ELDERS.

Old 05-21-2005, 06:19 PM   #56
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Damn kids nowadays. Don't know nuthin', don't got no sense of humor, and DON'T respect their ELDERS.
I admit I am looking up who Bozo the Clown is right now........... Respect, isn't that a song old people listen too?

Old 05-21-2005, 06:21 PM   #57
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons
Homie the clowns father.

Old 05-21-2005, 06:46 PM   #58
robin d.
Talking

Paul you have some very valid comments and question and i will try to adress each one

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSage
Robin, I think that sometimes it looks like you are singling Lucille out as being 'the bum-kisser', because like you said...
in this instance i was not singling her out i was merely adding to a thread which was a good idea.

Quote:
...A lot of people here appreciate Rich for providing this site despite the 'poo'. Why is it that when Lucille expresses her appreciation that it is considered 'bum-kissing'? Is it because 99% of Lucille's posts ARE positive and express her gratitude? I think this banter between Lucille and Robin manifested itself in the thread about Fauna and Favoritism, and is influencing both of their posts on other threads. I am not surprised to see it show up here as well, and I don't think that we'll ever see the end of it until both of you just accept each other's character and move on.
actually when Lucil;le came on a little over a year ago i liked her, i thought she was a very sweet and funny lady, as time went on i began to see a change and some things just did not add up (sometimes too much of a good thing is not always good, things can be overdone as well... its called overkill)... little things here and there. now the ice break was that poem on the boi to rich ::: rollseyes ::: poeple in that thread tried to talk to her in a diplomatic manner but i do not think she understood. then the hell thing about favoritism and fauna in hell well, yeah i decided to speak my mind now while i am sure it came of as rude and blunt and was meant as such. i was not mad or angry and i did not flat out open up and let her have it... i merely posted my opinions and rebuttles. It was however rather entertaining.

Quote:
I don't want to pass judgment on the post-editing because I really don't understand what exactly was edited or how that works. ...But I can't say that I'm surprised given recent events. Another thing I don't understand is when people make an invitation at the end of their posts for the points to start flying, and then get bent out of shape when they hit the fan. What did you expect? If someone disagrees with me, not only is that fine with me, it's part of human nature.
now i know what was edited and so does Lucille and i have tried to explain it whatever. I was making an invitation of her and her "buddies" to give me neg rep points" why? because those do not mean a thing to me.
the things that means something are my animals, the ebility to share my experience and had out knowledge as needed help the other breeders and keepers (if i can) and yes sometimes i do get miffed but if you look i have only gotten miffed at a handful of people (my warning points). Actually i though all this had simmered down, i guess i was wrong. If the mods want to look in Lucilles rescent posts about her boas, whille i did not post... i did contribute in the poll... why you ask to help her for the sake of her animals.

Quote:
I don't have rep. power, so it's a little hard for me to express my appreciation or compliance through that venue. When I do obtain that ability however, I'm not going use it just because I don't agree with someone. It's a double-edged sword. Although I admire it's ability to demonstrate who has earned a lot of respect on the forum, I worry that it is being used unnecessarily when people don't see eye-to-eye. Looking at the 'point-slinging-window', the negative point option says something about a BAD POST. I don't think that voicing your opinion in a post should ever be considered 'bad'.
i completely agree on the abuse of this system just because someone does not agree with you. now if it is a particularly bad post thats a totally different thing. but see rich saw that the BOI was being abused to he began to charge to post in it to get rid of some of the riff raff, and he saw the abuse of hell so now only threads can be moved there by a mod and new threads can not to started just for a bashing contest.i do not care about my rep points but i do agree there is a problem with abusing them just because someone disagrees.

Quote:
Wes: I think your post here is a wise one. I do not in fact appreciate some of Robin's posts, yet you are more than correct that the way to deal with controversy is to meet it head on. You have told me as much in other conversations; and certainly you deal with life that way, and have been remarkably successful doing so.

The edit was not cool; and will not be repeated. When in the future comments are made that do not seem appropriate, they will be dealt with in a different manner.

This is a genteel forum, one where people can kick back, relax and talk. It will be kept that way for all to enjoy.

Thank you for coming here Wes, and helping; and I thank all of those who come and participate in my forums.

There are quite a few views and posts here, may I suggest that while you are perusing this thread, you take a moment to look around this forum and participate in some of the other threads that myself and others have started.

Many come from the heart, and many come from people who are talking about times and events in their lives that are very personal to them, but which they nonetheless share among you, their friends.

Y'all take care.
Hugs and Puppies, Lucille, Hugs and Puppies

Old 05-21-2005, 06:59 PM   #59
shrap
Quote:
How about a good ol' fashioned knock down drag out fight over in Hell?

Yo Webby, how about firin' up one o' them fued-thread specials?

AHAHAHahahahahahHAHAhaHaHahahAHAHAHAHahahahahahahA HAHAHAHaHahahAHaha

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Thanks Wes!!! I have not laughed out loud like that all day!!!!! TOO funny!!!

And now we return you to todays drama,

You know, there are a people in this world that we are just not going to get along with. It happens. We don't have to all like each other, but that don't mean we should stop treating each other with a little common courtesy.

And in my best Forrest Gump voice, which I can do dead on by the way, "And that is all I got to say about that".

Old 05-21-2005, 07:01 PM   #60
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin s.

Hugs and Puppies, Lucille, Hugs and Puppies

On that note, I would like to get this thread back on track and nominate Wes for the 'Good People' award. Strong enough to take on anyone, gentle enough to cause no harm where none is needed, wise enough to be able to see different points of view, a man for all seasons. Wes is definitely 'Good People".

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!