A prayer please............ - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 06-25-2005, 01:16 PM   #21
Rebel Dragons
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Through all this and what happened with the Hammacks it puts ones actions and life into perspective.

All I want to do is call my mom and tell her how much I love her. I just hope she can answer the phone on monday. Monday just ain't coming soon enough for me.

Whew, Damn it's hard to write through tears.

Old 06-25-2005, 02:17 PM   #22
Cat_72
Aw Mike....I know it's not the same.....but

[size=7]*HUGGGGGGGGGGG*[size=7]

Old 06-25-2005, 02:18 PM   #23
Cat_72
Sorry, I can't get the dumb big font to work.....but it was a REALLY big hug.

Old 06-27-2005, 04:17 PM   #24
Rebel Dragons
4:14 pm back in Pa and I have heard nothing. No one answering phones and the nurses station won't tell me anything until the Dr's tell them something..................

This is where I start to panic right? I hate this f-in waiting.

Old 06-27-2005, 04:19 PM   #25
Jim O
Not time to panic *yet*. Standard protocol. Hang in there.

Old 06-27-2005, 10:08 PM   #26
Cat_72
Yep, they're always like that....I don't think it's panic time, sometimes you just have to wait til the docs get around to telling them what they need to know as well. They don't want to give any wrong info, good, bad, or otherwise. Hang in there....

Old 06-29-2005, 12:32 PM   #27
dragonflyreptiles
Mike, is your mom doing any better?

Old 06-29-2005, 01:20 PM   #28
Rebel Dragons
Wendy, I wish I knew.

No one tells me anything of importance when I call. I called about 20 min ago and got the nurses station. They told me she was "comfortable". I asked what that meant and she said " Honey, the status has not changed. The Doctor will be in later today to see her. Until then there is no reason to keep calling." ( I usually only call 2 times a day ) At that point I asked her name and what her Nursing supervisors name was. Maybe I can convey to the "super" why family members call the hospital. Then he can let all the others little nurses know.

My mother is a M.S.P.R.N. and until last May was D.O.N of a 650 bed nursing home in Lititz, Pa. I know for a fact she has sent girls home for having an attitude like the nurse I talked to today had. I have seen my mother get out of bed at 3 in the morning to go hold the hand of one of her residents while they were dying. Hell, 2 Christmas's ago she brought a 78 yr old woman home with her to have dinner with us.

I just know my mom would die to see what kind of care she is getting from the nurses. Maybe I am jumping to conclusions but I am just going on phone calls and what I saw first hand last May- August. You see a lot when you are at a hospital for 100+ days just sitting, watching, and waiting.

Sorry to rant, it just pisses me off the see and talk to health care workers who know longer mean the meaning of "patient focus".

Old 06-29-2005, 01:23 PM   #29
Jim O
Hang in there Mike. You and mom are still in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 06-29-2005, 02:00 PM   #30
dragonflyreptiles
Mike, sometimes you have to rant to get out the frustration of the situation!

I don't like ill mooded nurses myself, and have more than once been ticked off by medical staff and voiced my concerns to the supers above them.

Maybe you will be able to get better information later when the DR comes in, your family is in our thoughts!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!