Hay all my name is Vinny i have studied herpetology for almost 15 years mostly snakes - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 02-26-2006, 08:57 PM   #91
Vinny D
TO ALL, im am sorry if i came off like an .. bragging or trying to show off. but im truly not, im just sharing my experiences with you fellow herpers. and about the bite post, Rick was right i did come off like i was proud of it. well please beleve me im NOT. i just wanted to share my mistakes with other younger herpers or older who dont know what can happen. a venomous snake is no joke at all. and when Rick said that it did offend me. because it is a super sensitive subject to me. and yes i am embarresed about it, i cant change what as already happened. even my good friend DIZZMALDAN420 said he even thinks im coming off co*ky. and that made me really think about it, so i am truly sorry to anyone that i have offendid in any way. i just love to educate people who dont know what most of us know about reptiles esp hots. since their are 15 year old kids buying them at show's here in pennsylvania. i have seen it and it worries me. i just dont want people to make the same mistakes that i have made. beleve it or not but, i am a good handler i just made a couple of stupid decisions and payed the price for them. so please let me know what you think and again i am truly sorry hope to hear back from you thanks for reading.. sincerely, Vinny

Old 02-26-2006, 09:31 PM   #92
hhmoore
I will not address the venomous issue, or the numerous possible tangents, in this particular forum. For the record, however, stating that you have been studying herpetology for 15 years is an affront to the many people that have actually pursued that line of study. Keeping reptiles and studying herpetology are 2 very different things, and (to the best of my knowledge) there are no pre-school herpetology programs. I am not saying that you haven't learned alot, or that you cannot be a tremendous resource...but stop waving around the degree that you haven't earned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny D
I AM A HERPETOLOGIST WITH OUT A DEGREE
On a side, yet related, note: proper spelling, grammar, syntax, and punctuation will go along way toward being taken seriously. The content aside, your posts are frustratingly difficult to read.

Old 02-26-2006, 09:45 PM   #93
Vinny D
no the curator of reptiles at the philadelphia zoo say's, i am a herpetologist with out a degree. i know im not a herpetologist but for the knowledge i have for my age he know's that i very well can have a degree in herpetology or biology. and about my spelling im sorry i type to fast gor my own good. i will slow it down for everyone and Dizzlemaldan420 your were dead on on that 1 he told me some 1 would say something about my spelling but i understand i can hardly read some others. but like you said keeping reptiles and actually studying them are 2 way different things. but i STUDY them their natural behaviors in the wild. i have done on a couple of species in fla when i was younger. and just the all around knoweldge you learn along the way. like i said in my last post i am truly sorry if i have offended anybody in anyway. i never ment for all this to happen, i hope we can put all this non sence behind us and be able to talk with out some 1 getting mad but i am sorry thanks for reading

Old 02-26-2006, 09:55 PM   #94
nicolai
Curious to know if your related to louis Drago from lancaster, he is around 70 yrs or so or vinny drago thats about 45 yrs old???

Old 02-26-2006, 10:41 PM   #95
Vinny D
im vinny drago and my father is a vinny drago he is about 45 but i dont know a louis drago but thats funny because my whole name is vincent or vinny louis drago but i will be 20 in april wow that is weird though how do you know them

Old 02-26-2006, 11:03 PM   #96
nicolai
I am an electrician an travel out to lancaster a lot and met them a while back. I have vinnies number here somewhere i think, i save everything. I will pm you with the info to see if it is the same person. i think it was valley drive.

Old 02-26-2006, 11:08 PM   #97
Vinny D
ok sounds good that is very weird cuz my father is in prison in fla and im not 45 and that is a fairly rare name

Old 02-27-2006, 01:28 AM   #98
Junkyard
Drago does not seem that rare, if I am not mistaken it is Italian and the name derives from the word "Dragon". Personally I think it is an awesome name, then again I think dragons are awesome creatures from many great folklore's. There are a few Drago's out here and I am sure many more back east where the Italian's first settled.

Welcome to Fauna!

Old 02-27-2006, 01:40 AM   #99
ladyserpent7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
Very well timed indeed, Lucille, as a smackdown was pending from my corner.
tsk tsk tsk...bad harald bad...haha

Old 02-27-2006, 01:43 AM   #100
ladyserpent7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny D
like i have said many of times it dosent matter the species of the snake like take a retic for example they are known to be super agressive species but i have had retics that i trusted more than my dog lol every snake or animal has it's own personality rember they are way more afraid of us than we are of them anacondas esp wild collected ones do tend to be super agressive but my yellow conda and Dans yellow are as tame as puppies but i have also seen corn snakes like my snow corn that is as mean as a baby cobra so u just cant say that "ANACONDAS OR ANY OTHER SPECIES ARE AGRESSIVE" yes in a group they can be concidered agressive but it just depends on the snake it self i hope this information help's some of you fellow herpers that you cant judge a snake by the species if it is going to be agressive or not thanks for reading
yah, im sure youre right vinny..i tend to do that sometimes..judge the snake by group...i guess because ive never personally known anyone that owns a conda...so when i think of them, i think of the wild ones..and theres no other way for me to jude those other than what i know of the species..territorial, aggressive..etc...guess i have to get one myself to find out...haha.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!