Another "to jump, or not to jump" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 02-27-2004, 05:17 PM   #1
NEWReptiles
Another "to jump, or not to jump"

Is it wrong to post about a seller, or call them out when you see an ad that appears to be 100% BS.

I used to do this alot and I dont want to start any wars or scar anybodies reputation, but I still see these ads, and it bugs the crap out of me when I know there is something fishy about them.

What is the proper route to take?

Old 02-27-2004, 08:52 PM   #2
John Apple
Al
I would question the seller and find out how long they take the BS ad as not BS.
maybe even a post about the ad in question or the seller, I don't know how you will be starting a flame if your alerting us all on some shady happenings.

Old 03-19-2004, 01:30 AM   #3
DaveyFig
I say jump on it. The negative direction that the hobby seems to be taking could be reversed if stuff like this is pointed out when seen. I see 3 possible scenarios, none of them harmfull to the hobby if the ads are called out.

1)The seller proves that he is legit, and there is no reason to avoid him.That would generate more business for him, as news travels fast.

2)scum is exposed, heads roll.

3)Sellers are called out so often that everyone starts taking more care when posting, and makes sure every detail is precise before clicking that post button on their ad. If as a community we call out everything we see, people will start educating themselves as to how they should post, and slowly but surely the doodee heads will be weeded out.

Just my little insignificant thoughs

Old 03-24-2004, 03:06 AM   #4
IanV
Al,
Jump on it. This business has way to many "black hole" dealers, and scam artists. We need to do what we can to stop it.
Although, I would email the person first and see if they are just igorant, and hopefully they fix their ways.
But if not...jump on it.

IAN

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!