Inquiry Family Reptiles - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-08-2015, 12:39 AM   #11
mmarie341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
Actually, customer service is important to me which is why I WOULD go there thanks to your comment in the other thread where you stated, and I quote, "customer service was GREAT when I purchased from them". Your exact words. Post #9.
And it was, until they had my money then they didn't seem to care anymore.

Old 08-08-2015, 10:29 AM   #12
caffeinecynic
I have had very different experiences from you, Megan, with all due respect intended. (Also, I linked your thread in my first post, so that the OP could form and draw his own conclusions.)

When I purchased my second rack from Family Reptiles, I told them that one of my racks had malfunctioned. The first question they asked was "Is it the one you bought from us?" - indicating that if it was, they probably would've been more than happy to replace it.

This was all but confirmed when, in person, they went over - at length - how to set up the probe and thermostat, to make sure another problem didn't happen. Which, I already knew, but I appreciated the lengths they went to to set it up. This was after they had my money.

This isn't a review on a living entity, so again it may not be relevant, but you can see from the texts - they not only got me the rack very quickly, but also followed up afterwards to verify that it was working fine. The last text was sent around 9PM (Timestamp shows) - when I picked it up about 4:30. They were following up to make sure it was okay.

I can't, and won't, try to speak for the health of their animals... but as far as I am concerned, their customer service was, and is, fine.

I've attached screenshots from my cellphone. Hopefully they attach in order.

I'm very sorry you had a bad experience, Megan - but as I said, mine was drastically different.
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2015, 10:35 AM   #13
caffeinecynic
Also to clarify:

The first rack I purchased from them was in early October of 2014. That is the one they are inquiring about in the text ("Is it ours?"). This was nearly a year turn around on that particular product. Unfortunately, I don't have a transcript of that experience, as that was all done through phone conversation versus text messages.

The one I purchased as a replacement was literally a week ago.

Just so people have a full calendar of events. It was Scott, the owner of Family Reptiles, that I dealt with both times. These are the only transactions I have had with him, or Family Reptiles, at all (although I will confess to being extremely tempted by one of their pastel SK axanthic hatchlings - which is why I was looking at their animals so in depth on Saturday).

Old 08-08-2015, 11:57 AM   #14
mmarie341
That's great. I've said this before just because I had a bad experience doesn't mean you will. There animals are the perfect. It just happened when something I bought broke they gave me the run around. But I'm glad to see their customer service with you was satisfactory. Who knows maybe the day I had a problem he was having a bad day or just really busy.

Old 08-08-2015, 09:56 PM   #15
FamilyReptiles
I cant please everyone, but ill do whats possible
If you need anything, just let me know.

Im sorry megan had bad service.

Old 08-08-2015, 11:05 PM   #16
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarie341 View Post
That's great. I've said this before just because I had a bad experience doesn't mean you will. There animals are the perfect. It just happened when something I bought broke they gave me the run around. But I'm glad to see their customer service with you was satisfactory. Who knows maybe the day I had a problem he was having a bad day or just really busy.
I don't believe they gave you the "runaround". The day the second bulb went out, you called them and were short and hung up. Then all in the same day you emailed them and attacked them on their FB page. All of that over two bulbs when you admitted your experience and merchandise was great. Your original post here was quite misleading and I think you have a short fuse and are a problem customer.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!