Fecal Test Findings - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:51 PM   #21
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
Yes. They ALWAYS charge the office visit and disposal fee for EVERYTHING.
youre kidding? drive up here for them... seriously.

I dont have to bring my animals in at all, so i dont get an exam fee for it. Just a look at the poo. Sheesh... what a RIP off steve!

Old 09-26-2008, 02:57 PM   #22
Miss Tuniwha
its 13$ here if I remember right.. just bring in the fecal sample.. and thats all..

no need to bring the animal in to check a fecal.. so no exam fee etc..

Old 09-26-2008, 04:10 PM   #23
SPJ
A few years ago I wanted to bring in fecals on a 10 lot of CH babies. They appeared healthy and in fact where but I thought being safe wouldn't hurt.
Yeah right. I was told it would be $650 for that. Forget it. That was supposed to be the discounted price (I would only pay an exam fee per snake).

Old 09-26-2008, 04:14 PM   #24
dprince
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
Yes. They ALWAYS charge the office visit and disposal fee for EVERYTHING.
That sucks big time.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:23 PM   #25
The BoidSmith
Alicia,

How about we start a business like "poop r us"? We ship you the samples you charge $30, make 100% on investment, and guys like Steve pay 1/3 of what they are paying currently paying? What do you say?

Old 09-26-2008, 04:33 PM   #26
hhmoore
It varies around here - some won't take just a fecal without seeing the animal (and I won't go to them). I have been following the same vet around for years...where she is now WILL let me just bring samples in. The place she used to work wouldn't (which sucks, because they are close)

Old 09-26-2008, 04:51 PM   #27
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
It varies around here - some won't take just a fecal without seeing the animal (and I won't go to them). I have been following the same vet around for years...where she is now WILL let me just bring samples in. The place she used to work wouldn't (which sucks, because they are close)
That's how it is here. They need to see the animal (which means there is an office visit fee).

Old 09-26-2008, 08:47 PM   #28
pcrooker
My vet is one of the only reptile vets around and since he doesn't see many reps (guess it's because people don't bring em in because I know tons of people around here have reps) he cuts me a great deal and doesn't charge for visits... I know I'm lucky... I think he likes to freak the staff out when I pull Max out in the office.. Hey, I take what I can get!!

Patty

Old 09-30-2008, 08:29 AM   #29
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWolf View Post
I've got a decent microscope on my xmas wish list. I want to do my own floats and screenings, so I can keep an eye on stuff and known when someone needs to be vetted before I pay for it.
Best book on the face of the planet: Klingenberg's "Understanding Reptile Parasites". Not overpriced, uses layman language, and has lots of photos. Even has drug doseage charts for treating various parasite types.
Personally, that was among the first pieces of equipment when I got started. Picked up the book first and then got the microscope. Got the VET book (you know that big book that has EVERYTHING in it? (forgive my short memory..the book is home and I am at work).

Glad things worked out Alicia!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
boehmi, capillaria, eucoleus, parasites, round worms