Bad Guy Chaos Reptiles and Pet Supply, Dan Peck and Josh Stone - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:21 PM   #31
reptile_jones
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
They used to do the shows (Cleveland, Columbus and Taylor) but not have been lately (since writing me a bad check). The last thing I heard was they were only doing the Hamburg and Indy shows since the vendors and promoters of the other shows are ganging up on them. (insert crying smilie here) Look for the sign on my table (WARNING DO NOT extend credit to or accept checks from Chaos Reptiles) at the Cleveland and Taylor shows and if they are there I will point them out to you so you can avoid them.
I know who you are. I got a female creamsicle corn from you a few year back.

Not the Indy show. I was think of going to the next show. I'll just have to remember their names.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:39 PM   #32
AvandisFifth187
DAND, I don't think anyone needs to look for that sign... your stand is truly one of a kind (in a good way). As for chaos, unless enough evidence is built against them for some sort of legal action or until they fix what they have screwed up and continue upkeep of their shop and business, we really can't do much.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:04 AM   #33
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvandisFifth187 View Post
DAND, I don't think anyone needs to look for that sign... your stand is truly one of a kind (in a good way). As for chaos, unless enough evidence is built against them for some sort of legal action or until they fix what they have screwed up and continue upkeep of their shop and business, we really can't do much.
Nonetheless, I will continue to have the sign up to inform others. I wouldn’t want anyone else to be taken advantage of by Chaos as Neil, James and I were. I also would not be surprised to find out that there are others who were taken advantage of too who have not seen this thread or posted yet. As for them fixing things and maintaining their animals and business in proper fashion, I hope they do but I have very little confidence in their ability to do so.

Old 02-03-2009, 04:57 PM   #34
DavidBeard
If I am not mistaken, these guys vended a show in Morehead, KY last year and kept trying to sell me venomous snakes and crocodilians knowing full well they are illegal in KY.

They sound like great charachters....NOT.

Old 02-03-2009, 05:49 PM   #35
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post
If I am not mistaken, these guys vended a show in Morehead, KY last year and kept trying to sell me venomous snakes and crocodilians knowing full well they are illegal in KY.

They sound like great charachters....NOT.
Sounds like Dan to me. He deals a lot in both venomous and crocodilians and I have seen his disregard for rules and laws on many occasions.

Old 02-04-2009, 12:25 AM   #36
chaosad
***spell check off***

I have been aware of this thread for a few days but have had limited access to the internet or i would have posted sooner.

For everyone reading this, Dave Grunning has help josh and I tremendously at our shop, I still thank his deeds and feel endebted to him for all his help. Dave and (my buisness partner) did have a "falling out". I tried to the best of my abilities to keep a working relationship with dave. Dave was our cricket and worm dealer for a while and he extended us credit often. Dave came to drop off crickets at the shop one day and we didnt have the cash available and funds where pending. I wrote dave a check uncertian if it would cash or not (funds pending). The check didnt clear, dave came and returned the check and took the crickets. dave provided me with a balance we owed him a few days later, we made the cash ready and when he had the means of transportation he came and got the money we owed him. At that point chaos reptile's finacial debt with dave was settled.

I due order animals from neil golli from time to time. I have a store to keep stocked and Neil's animals are always healthy, feeding and attractive. I had an order that i placed before the december hamburg show with neil. I asked him if it was ok to give him a post dated check for the animals. he said it was ok. We where anticipating a better show and would have had neil paid the tuesday after the show. It did not work that way. I did have an outstandig balance with neil, he seemed more than willing to work with me on our debt. As money became available it has been handed over to him. Neil has been payed in full.

A lot of dealers will agree with me that sometimes it takes a bit longer to pay than aticipated, it sucks but it happens.

I ALWAYS pay my bills, not always as soon and as quickly as i would like but they do and will cotinue to be payed no matter what.

the check we wrote neil bouced, i payed the return check fee and I told him that i will hook him up with some animals or some extra cash for his patiece and inconvienince.

Gary O!! Did the customer with the "66% het cinn" that you have first hand kowledge about mention the fact that i told him it may be a het if there was a thing, but not with a co-dom? did this customer also mention that the ball python he bought was a sizeable female and was sold as a normal to him for $30-35 bucks? I wrote on the cup what it could be so he can check it out. I dont think he was "taken" in that deal.

I try to represent the animals I have to the best of my knowledge.

James, I remeber the call i got from josh about selling the leo. I did not know about the leg or the metabloic bone disease. we keep breeders and potential breeders, the only time they are handled is when they are shifted into another container during cage cleanings and then back again. The leg was an over look and i dont think josh realised it was M.B.D when you brought it back. I also didnt know you where unhappy with your purchase. we have spoken many times since you bought the leo and i never heard metion of it. We also cherish your buisness and have had a gift certificate at the shop since around christmas for you but we havnt seen you there.... for obvious reasons now. If you are still uhappy at least allow us to make it right. you have been a great customer of ours and i feel badly about the leo. If you let us make it right, that would make me feel better about this and if not i can understand why.

Josh's part of this compay involves resposabilities other than the animals, he does have limited knowlege with the animals and he will be the first to tell you that. That is no seceret. Josh is learning a lot but that is why josh and i have a partnership, he does one end of things and I do the animals. Thats what makes us partners.

The last part I am going to touch on is the venomous and crocodilians thing.

I have never once brought or attempted to sell venomous snakes or crocodilians to anyone at any of the kentucky shows. To vend those shows we have to list everything we bring and the number of each species and fish and wildlife will check. We also stopped vending the kentucky shows over a year ago. The only crocadilians I sell are baby american alligators, those are sold at the shop and at shows,they are rarely shipped and we follow all local, state and federal laws with them. When a person buys a gator, they are informed of the size and if the animal becomes to much for them to handle ( wich always happens) I will always take the animal back so it is not released or killed. from time to time i offer other crocodillians for sale but sell them within the law. I will not go to prison for violatig the lacey act..... it is simply not worth it.

My dealings with venomous snakes is more of a passion than any form of buisness. I Will not sell anything venomous to anyone i dont know without verifying thier age and checking references. I talk in depth with people at the hot shows to make sure of thier abilities. I am a delta verified shipper and I follow all shipping regulations, all state and federal laws and i will absolutly not sell a snake to a person under 18, if i dont know the person then i wont sell if they are under 21. I love working with venomous snakes, thats what i do and i will not risk an already unpopular hobby to further critisism and help perpetuate making it illegal completely.

We try to make sure our customers are happy. I wish we could keep every customer and vendor/dealer/breeder happy. we cant do a lot if our customers dont make us aware they are unhappy. We cant please them all but we will try to.

We are doing everything to the best of our abilities and we are making arrangments to move the shop to a place that will better acomadate our customers, animals and ourselves as a buisness. getting started retail wise with all the added overhead is not an easy chore and we are making improvemets as a buisnes. If anyone feels wronged or taken advatege of please let us know and continue to do so, so we can do what we can for our customers to make sure your happy.

For anyone who feels they have been wronged in any way ad wishes not to do buisness with us, we understand. For those who still wish to do buisness with us, that feel they have been wronged thank you for understanding and allowing to make things right.

Again I have limited computer access at the moment, i will post again if i need to when i can.

Daniel Peck
Chaos Reptiles and Supply LLC.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:08 AM   #37
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosad View Post
Gary O!! Did the customer with the "66% het cinn" that you have first hand kowledge about mention the fact that i told him it may be a het if there was a thing, but not with a co-dom? did this customer also mention that the ball python he bought was a sizeable female and was sold as a normal to him for $30-35 bucks? I wrote on the cup what it could be so he can check it out. I dont think he was "taken" in that deal.
Why would you write on the cup "66% het Cinny" at all when you know that is incorrect information? That's flat out false advertising. If you stated exactly what you posted here to the buyer (who apparently isn't very fluent in genetics), I'm sure they didn't understand what you were talking about as it's double talk and just believed what was on the cup. If you want to get technical, the Cinny is the het and the Super Cinny is the homo of the mutation. Either way you put it, saying 66% het Cinny is flat out lying...So is calling any normal sibling a het for a co-dominant mutation.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:12 AM   #38
TripleMoonsExotic
Just wanted to add...

If you don't know what you're talking about in regards to genetics, don't say anything. You can't claim ignorance. Your customers rely on you to know what you're talking about in regards to the species you sell. If you don't know what you're selling, don't sell it. Educate yourself on the ins and outs of the species you sell so that in the end, you don't look stupid or like a lier.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:25 AM   #39
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
Why would you write on the cup "66% het Cinny" at all when you know that is incorrect information? That's flat out false advertising. If you stated exactly what you posted here to the buyer (who apparently isn't very fluent in genetics), I'm sure they didn't understand what you were talking about as it's double talk and just believed what was on the cup. If you want to get technical, the Cinny is the het and the Super Cinny is the homo of the mutation. Either way you put it, saying 66% het Cinny is flat out lying...So is calling any normal sibling a het for a co-dominant mutation.
To me.... This part stands out, as meaning it could not be HET for a codom animal.

" Gary O!! Did the customer with the "66% het cinn" that you have first hand kowledge about mention the fact that i told him it may be a het if there was a thing, but not with a co-dom?"

Ill read this thread through, further for now. To get a better idea of what is going on here. * will be back*

Old 02-04-2009, 08:52 AM   #40
Mooing Tricycle
So... Dan.

Youve really got much to cover. Right now, i think you scumbag. Writing bad checks and not educating your employees/partner on the care of animals that are being sold. How hard is it really to care for a gecko, or a few snakes? Seriously..... ( EVERYONE who takes a check, should be getting the persons DRIVERS LICENSE NUMBER and DATE OF BIRTH, as well as REAL phone number and address!!! If you get a bad check, SEND IT TO THE POLICE! They WILL deal with it)

You said
"Gary O!! Did the customer with the "66% het cinn" that you have first hand kowledge about mention the fact that i told him it may be a het if there was a thing, but not with a co-dom? did this customer also mention that the ball python he bought was a sizeable female and was sold as a normal to him for $30-35 bucks? I wrote on the cup what it could be so he can check it out. I dont think he was "taken" in that deal."

WHAT "exactly", did you write on that cup then? Since YOU say that you didnt write something could be het for a codom trait. Because, im more apt to believe Gary ( what reason does he have to lie here about this? what could he gain?), but id like to hear what YOU say... regardless. I think depending on the size of the female, 30-35 bucks is quite reasonable, and if i were the customer i wouldnt complain so much... BUT if you said the animal might be a het, and it has NO CHANCE at being a het, YOU would be a liar.

If youre such a new business, how the HECK can you not please customers? Id imagine once you were settled in and been around for awhile, but how the heck are you having issues already? Why the heck are you writing several bad checks, and making orders when you DONT HAVE THE MONEY? If you didnt have the money to buy the crickets, or pay for Neils order either... Maybe you should be sending YOUR customers to THEM so THEY can get the money straight from them, instead of dealing with a middle man who obviously does not have his crap together?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!