hypoaspis miles or predatory mites - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:04 PM   #21
partyboy6686
Im unsure of the active ingredients. I dont have a package laying around here to look at the active ingredients. Here is a link to there website to give you a little info on them.

http://www.hotshotbrand.com/ProductC...s/NoPestStrip/

Thanks
Brandon

Old 01-04-2010, 09:06 PM   #22
TheFragginDragon
Dichlorvos.

I've heard success stories as well in using these, but I think the intent of this thread though was just to document the efficacy of using predatory mites, not necessarily to explore other options (capable though they may be).

Old 01-04-2010, 09:46 PM   #23
partyboy6686
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragginDragon View Post
Dichlorvos.

I've heard success stories as well in using these, but I think the intent of this thread though was just to document the efficacy of using predatory mites, not necessarily to explore other options (capable though they may be).
I understand I went off the topic but it just seemed like a lot of time and work to order predatory mites. Plus you have to pay for the predatory mites and shipping cost. You can buy a No Pest Strip for $7.00

Thanks
Brandon

Old 01-04-2010, 09:56 PM   #24
Keith N
That would probably work with snakes and some lizards but amphibs are very sensitive and a wet, humid envirnment I would not want to run the risk of exposure.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:02 PM   #25
partyboy6686
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchneff View Post
That would probably work with snakes and some lizards but amphibs are very sensitive and a wet, humid envirnment I would not want to run the risk of exposure.
Yea I understand that. Ive only tried it on snakes myself but ive had friends who used it on snakes, tegus, monitors, leopard geckos, and chameleons. You have to be really careful with them though cause I killed off all my crickets for my chameleon by leaving it out in my reptile room.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:08 PM   #26
Keith N
I must say the mites are dropping by the day and we are down to a few visual. I am very suprised by the results.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:09 PM   #27
Helenthereef
Almost sounds too good to be true! If this really works as well it seems, more need to know about this!

Old 01-11-2010, 06:05 AM   #28
Keith N
Me and my son managed to catch them yesterday out of the terrarium. We looked at each one from head to toe with a magnifying glass. There were absolutly zero on them, Used to be you could look at them and see the on their belly and in their leg joints. We looked each one up and down and they had none. I think that if it were to happen again in the terrarium I would probably do it again. It even has eliminated a little gnat problem that was in the exclosure too, as of last week there are no more in the tank and it usually had 3 or 4 flying around. Very impressed by the outcome.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:07 AM   #29
Twizted Paths
Sounds like awesome stuff, I'm glad it worked out so well for you!

Thanks for keeping us all updated

Old 01-11-2010, 01:27 PM   #30
TailsWithScales
Two thumbs way way up for Predatory Mites!!! Used these little tiny beasties back in 2004. Took in a boa with the worst mite infestation I'd ever seen. Thought I killed them all on her then a month later found them on her again and they had migrated to a Savu python in a complete other room. Across the house. Was amazing to see that within an hour of placing the mites in the enclosures that it appeared to me that you could see the snake mites running for their lives. Within a week or two they were 100% gone.

Side note and a bit off topic: A girl friend of mine told me she tried Lady Bugs for a minor mite infestation she had and it worked. This is not proven however as it was the first I'd heard of it. But Lady Bugs are predatory bugs. So maybe.

But yeah. Predatory Mites all the way!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!