Info Wesballpython (Wes Head) - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-16-2010, 11:48 AM   #61
TheDream
As a member of a public forum, and be it that this issue was brought to a public forum for members to discuss and view proof of the matter, I would say that I have every right to voice my opinion. Though I was not directly involved in what has happened, I have given my input, and enough of it for everyone to make a conclusion.

What you do, or I do is not relevant to the matter. I am happy for you that you are an auditor; maybe you should audit your own brother's business practices a bit better. All you need to know is that I am involved in family law. I felt a need to contribute to the matter as I for one have been taken for rides like this and my job requires, and for myself, to find facts, go through proof of evidence and make a claim on the matter.

That is neither here nor there, what we are discussing pertains to Alanna. We will let the other members decide who they feel is in the wrong and who is in the right. However from what I have learned, proof and facts overshadow and eliminate any he said she said correspondence, to which you sir have provided none.

Old 07-16-2010, 11:51 AM   #62
cobraman1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleria View Post
I don't know about your moral standards, but by mine, saying something and then going back on it, a few times actually, just as your brother did in making this deal in the first place, is wrong. Just a single example would be where you stated in a post here near the beginning that if she would post proof here in the form of the texts that specifically stated that she informed Wes that she had a local sale that was dependent on whether or not he agreed to this trade and that he had x amount of time to make up his mind, that you would complete the trade as originally agreed. That exact proof was posted, yet you said it didn't matter because she was "mean and vindictive" in even posting here in the first place as she stated she would.
Guess you shouldn't have said here that you would complete the transaction upon receipt of that proof then. Your actions here are no different from your brother's so it's not just him that is looking bad in their choices here. If you can't follow through with something then don't say it in the first place. To me, going back on something you've said is as good as lying, and to many others that have no issue being more... harsh, about it, would say that it is flat out lying. But I won't be so brash as to flat out call you a liar.
But I suppose if you find nothing wrong with going back on your word then you can say you've done nothing wrong.
I think some of you are taking this a bit to far. Nobody scammed anyone here or tried to BS anyone. It looks to me like a kid wanted a snake and tried to trade for it, then had to back out. OK, big deal. That doesnt make him a bad person. Jeez, how many of you on here have backed out of a trade. I can see where it would piss of the op a little bit, but to go to this extent is just unreal. The kid backed out of a trade, BIG DEAL.

Old 07-16-2010, 11:55 AM   #63
aleria
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobraman1 View Post
I think some of you are taking this a bit to far. Nobody scammed anyone here or tried to BS anyone. It looks to me like a kid wanted a snake and tried to trade for it, then had to back out. OK, big deal. That doesnt make him a bad person. Jeez, how many of you on here have backed out of a trade. I can see where it would piss of the op a little bit, but to go to this extent is just unreal. The kid backed out of a trade, BIG DEAL.
Problem with your logic there is he didn't HAVE to back out, he chose to, even knowing that he would be costing her a sale in the process.
As I stated, if he, or anyone else doesn't see anything wrong with going back on your word with no regard for how it will affect another person then go for it. I personally do see something wrong with it.
The way I see it, if you aren't sure about something then don't do it, playing the whole "takesy backsey" game like children in a business setting is unprofessional whether on the part of a buyer or a seller.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:03 PM   #64
CSJ2010
Quote:
Problem with your logic there is he didn't HAVE to back out, he chose to, even knowing that he would be costing her a sale in the process.
As I stated, if he, or anyone else doesn't see anything wrong with going back on your word with no regard for how it will affect another person then go for it. I personally do see something wrong with it.
The way I see it, if you aren't sure about something then don't do it, playing the whole "takesy backsey" game like children in a business setting is unprofessional whether on the part of a buyer or a seller.
Thanks Mark. As I have been saying, this situation doesn’t warrant all this hoopla.

Aleria, no where did I post that if Alanna showed me proof on this forum that I would proceed with the deal. I did state that had she been more respectful in the beginning and asked that I look into it, I would have proceeded with the trade if I found Wes to had known about the local sale. I have discovered the full truth now (Wes wasn’t being honest with me) but based on Alanna handling it the way she did, I cannot in good conscience proceed with the deal. Thanks for inadvertently calling me a liar. I forgive you.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:04 PM   #65
cobraman1
Quote:
And the problem with you logic is HE WAS A CHILD. Hints the childish games. She knew that from the begining correct? I think it was wrong to make a deal and then change you mind at the last minute, but he was a kid that made a stupid choice. OK, now, is there really a huge problem here. Putting this thread on the BOI is just as childish to me. Like I said in my first post, She should have done the deal with an adult instead of Wes. She even stated that she wouldnt work with him at first because he was a minor.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:17 PM   #66
aleria
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSJ2010 View Post
Wes never "officially" agreed to the deal. I think this is where the root of the problem is. Alanna says he did, Wesley says he didn't. The buck should stop there. Even if he "officially" confirmed that he wanted to do the deal it is still ok to back out. Especially considering the time frame. We are talking about less then 24 hours! I have had this happen to me dozens of times. Things happen, people change their minds! Alanna is lacking professionalism and is trying to bully Wes and I. That is why this thread is here.

Now, had Alanna informed Wes that she was foregoing a local buyer in order to do this deal and Wes agreed/confirmed, then I would have forced him to complete the trade. However, this did not occur. I am a man of my word.

I am sorry she is frustrated but I will not be pushed around by her.
Here is the post I was referring to. Now I do not see you state in that post that "if she had conducted herself more nicely then I would have gone through with it". No, you stated the bolded above, which is exactly what I stated.

And no I am not making this some huge deal as if this were on the same level as a bad guy thread even. It is what it is, an info thread, and I am simply stating my opinions on the way these two brothers, who are presenting themselves as partners in a business, are conducting that business.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:17 PM   #67
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobraman1 View Post
Im not picking sides here, nor do I know either party involved, but Did the OP state in the first post that she wasnt even going to work with wes, because he was a minor? If this is true, then why wouldnt you have talked to his older brother before this was all set in stone. I personally think if you werent going to make a deal with a minor before, then you should have done the deal through the older brother before this deal was made. I still think this is a little bit of a stretch to put on the BOI in the first place. I understand your frustration, but its not like anything was shipped or owed.

It was put up as an info thread.... and not a bad guy thread. Its not a stretch at all.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:34 PM   #68
BernardBC
Im glad this was not me on the sellers end.. In my opinion after the facts have all been laid out this probably does deserve a bad guy thread. I have seen Wes's name around a lot in the classifieds and never heard any issues til now. I feel if they are business partners then they are responsible for each others decisions. And if Caleb wont let Wes make a deal without permission its probably best Wes just stays out of all negotiations period. After reading this I know I will stay clear of both of them.

Old 07-16-2010, 05:26 PM   #69
ozz465
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardBC View Post
Im glad this was not me on the sellers end.. In my opinion after the facts have all been laid out this probably does deserve a bad guy thread. I have seen Wes's name around a lot in the classifieds and never heard any issues til now. I feel if they are business partners then they are responsible for each others decisions. And if Caleb wont let Wes make a deal without permission its probably best Wes just stays out of all negotiations period. After reading this I know I will stay clear of both of them.
I agree 100%, best to avoid .

Old 07-16-2010, 06:52 PM   #70
Abish
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardBC View Post
Im glad this was not me on the sellers end.. In my opinion after the facts have all been laid out this probably does deserve a bad guy thread.
I don't agree there. I'm surprised to see it is the minority opinion so far, but I fall on the side that says you should absolutely not consider it a done deal unless you've dealt with the parent, guardian or business partner of the minor.

Once Alanna and Caleb had actually established communication, I think there was room for improvement on both ends.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!