"Diluting" BOI threads? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 12-02-2010, 04:03 PM   #31
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
This isn't "most sites"....never has been and never will be. The BOI is a unique entity because it IS run differently than any other review board out there. But you don't HAVE to read it. You can limit yourself strictly to the "smooth as butter" reviews on the other sites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasHicks View Post
That's what I do. Lol...

TBH
then quit your belly aching.

Old 12-02-2010, 04:16 PM   #32
ThomasHicks
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeTop Reptiles View Post
Are you kidding me... there is a wealth of evidence agains the Wises thruout that whole thread. With your way of thinking... we'd never know about Christina trying to steal the money back from Maggie and using a PayPal complaint to do it.

What about the baby scams she was pulling on the preggo site.....

All of this would not have been brought forward with your way of doing things.

What about their NEW LOCATION in IN now.... guess that is extra drivel and just obnoxious as well.
Additional information is not drivel, I've already outlined what my perception of drivel is, asking for summaries, repetitively saying what a sick woman she is etc... I never claimed that actually supplying additional information was drivel/obnoxious/useless.

Quote:
then quit your belly aching.
I asked a question and offered advice, which is what this section was intended for. I was shot down, so be it, no hair off my chest. I "unofficially" closed this thread, people keep bringing into question what my reasoning behind my opinions is, so I answer them. That hardly qualifies as "belly aching." I'm not here complaining, just sharing my views and why they are what they are.

TBH

TBH

Old 12-02-2010, 04:28 PM   #33
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Because in it could potentially be useful to many, many more people like me that aren't bargainning for novel when they want a simple answer. This section's disclaimer reads "criticism is welcome," I don't even considered what I've said criticism, just merely a suggestion, to my understanding what this particular section of the board was intended for?
But there really is not a simple answer. How many folks would do business with folks I would not. I see character flaws and may not do business with someone based on those preceived flaws... however other folks may not see the same flaws. How is there a simple answer for everyone. There is not. You have to read the thread and make up your mind for yourself.

Old 12-02-2010, 04:44 PM   #34
Southern Wolf
[quote=ThomasHicks;1159266]I never disagreed with the premise of the thread, I'm just pointing out it's full of stuff that makes it virtually unreadable.

Like honestly, how many posts on that thread looks like this? -

Quote:
Originally Posted by crissabella
There is nothing that they can say that will even come close to rectifying this horrible situation. Anything that will come out of their mouths will be for naught. Nothing they do or say will help ease the betrayal felt by Maggie, her kids, Rick, and everyone on Fauna that believed they were contributing to help those families in need during those families darkest hours.
Isn't ironic that you would use a quote from a proven liar and fraud.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:11 PM   #35
Dennis Hultman
Let me give you only an example of why it is relevant and address some of your positions in your first, second, and forth posts on this thread.
Quote:
My status as a member on that site isn't relevant in the least. The forums I'm stating that have better review sections have absolutely nothing to do with inhuman lifeforms of any sorts.

TBH

I might point out that it goes to your main point. Your claim that so much of the activity in threads is somewhat useless and serves no purpose. What was countered to those points you made was that information, if allowed, produces results and is not necessarily a inferior format as you put it.

You see not all threads on the BOI appear as they seem as the original poster lays the story out. If you allow people to continue and ask questions more things become apparent.

Let's take this very thread for instance. Your initial post was a simple inquiry. Nothing wrong with that. Similar questions have been asked over the years and have been answered many times. The answers do get short and to the point when the same questions are asked over years but they do get answered.

Your next post was not to just accept the answer but to point out that other forums are better. To give examples of better sites and to tell the members of this site that a very important thread could have simply existed by the very first post. Instead of going into details on this one point, Many important facts were not disclosed until hundreds of posts into that thread.
It boggles my mind that someone could state that thread could stand on post 1. But back on my point..

So you make a point that other sites have "better review sections" and give an example. Your next point is that you use them and not the BOI.

"That's what I do. Lol... " Don't want to forget the little smile face.

So my question to myself (knowing a few other facts), as someone who is looking after the interests of this site is, Was your first post merely a helpful suggestion or something more. Considering your statements didn't end with a suggestion but preceded to tell the members of this site that the format here sucks, that other sites are better, you use them instead of this one, etc.. It seems somewhat mischievous than a helpful suggestion.

To lend further credence to my thoughts, knowing that you recently came off suspension here and
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
Oh yes, but where? Correct me if I'm wrong but were you not banned from the specific forum you are stating is better? That may seem like "drivel" but it could lead to significant point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasHicks
As I said before and I'll say again, that was just an example of format. My status as a member on that site isn't relevant in the least. The forums I'm stating that have better review sections have absolutely nothing to do with inhuman lifeforms of any sorts.

(I'll take that answer as a yes), the kind of disturbances you have caused on other sites just continues to add to those probing types of questions.

So my next question would be have you also been banned from redtailboa net?
If yes, it seems you have a pattern of being disruptive to sites. Which continues my thinking if your purpose here is to be helpful or simply disrupt this site.
Sometimes I over think things. Now, maybe your first post was just a helpful inquiry. But see this is how information is gained in those BOI threads and why those posts that lead to long threads are helpful and gain perspective of what is truly transpiring in a topic.

It could be that you think telling the owner of this site that other sites are better than his and you use them instead is constructive statement. Linking members to alternatives,etc. was just a innocent example.

Instead of simply offering your suggestions.

Or maybe not.

Quote:
The forums I'm stating that have better review sections have absolutely nothing to do with inhuman lifeforms of any sorts.

Of course, I wouldn't get that answer if the fluff wasn't able to run its course and people weren't allowed or we decide what was diluting the thread.

So you see,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasHicks
My status as a member on that site isn't relevant in the least.
That may not be relevant to you in this particular thread but it may be to me.

How do you like my example? Translate that to the BOI. If we as the moderators would come so heavily down on what may be perceived as fluff we may regulated to death the effectiveness of the BOI. It would make us a copy of those sites that send people here for help. If we were the same, what would be the draw?

Old 12-02-2010, 09:32 PM   #36
ThomasHicks
[quote=RidgeTop Reptiles;1160047]
Quote:
Isn't ironic that you would use a quote from a proven liar and fraud.
I actually did that intentionally so I wouldn't particularly pick on someone that is an actual reputation withstanding individual.

TBH

Old 12-02-2010, 09:59 PM   #37
ThomasHicks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
Let me give you only an example of why it is relevant and address some of your positions in your first, second, and forth posts on this thread.

[color="Navy"]
I might point out that it goes to your main point. Your claim that so much of the activity in threads is somewhat useless and serves no purpose. What was countered to those points you made was that information, if allowed, produces results and is not necessarily a inferior format as you put it.

You see not all threads on the BOI appear as they seem as the original poster lays the story out. If you allow people to continue and ask questions more things become apparent.

Let's take this very thread for instance. Your initial post was a simple inquiry. Nothing wrong with that. Similar questions have been asked over the years and have been answered many times. The answers do get short and to the point when the same questions are asked over years but they do get answered.

Your next post was not to just accept the answer but to point out that other forums are better. To give examples of better sites and to tell the members of this site that a very important thread could have simply existed by the very first post. Instead of going into details on this one point, Many important facts were not disclosed until hundreds of posts into that thread.
It boggles my mind that someone could state that thread could stand on post 1. But back on my point..
No, that's not the point I was making, I made my point quite clearly, having reiterating what I considered unnecessary banter multiple times now. I never claimed one post was ample for any thread.

Quote:
So my question to myself (knowing a few other facts), as someone who is looking after the interests of this site is, Was your first post merely a helpful suggestion or something more. Considering your statements didn't end with a suggestion but preceded to tell the members of this site that the format here sucks, that other sites are better, you use them instead of this one, etc.. It seems somewhat mischievous than a helpful suggestion.
I was just disagreeing with the reasoning they gave me, but I have made it obvious that I wanted this thread wrapped up and that it's served it's purpose. But some are directly asking me questions and I feel some are misinterpreting my original point. So I answer them and explain my reasoning, as I'm doing now and have done for since Rich posted his second response.

Quote:

To lend further credence to my thoughts, knowing that you recently came off suspension here and

(I'll take that answer as a yes), the kind of disturbances you have caused on other sites just continues to add to those probing types of questions.

[color="Navy"]
So my next question would be have you also been banned from redtailboa net?
If yes, it seems you have a pattern of being disruptive to sites. Which continues my thinking if your purpose here is to be helpful or simply disrupt this site.
Sometimes I over think things. Now, maybe your first post was just a helpful inquiry. But see this is how information is gained in those BOI threads and why those posts that lead to long threads are helpful and gain perspective of what is truly transpiring in a topic.
Actually no, I was never banned on RTB.net, one of the admins didn't agree with things I said so he unofficially suspended me or as he called it "the miserable member's club", I called him, he said he'd let me back on his site, never did. So I was never actually banned, just unofficially suspended and then neglected/stopped pursuing re-entry there, however my friend who I was "put in the club with" was later allowed back on. And I'm the one asking probing questions...? Dude are you e-stalking me? J/K...

Quote:
It could be that you think telling the owner of this site that other sites are better than his and you use them instead is constructive statement. Linking members to alternatives,etc. was just a innocent example.
I never claimed other sites "were better than his," just that I believed others had more efficient review formats.

Quote:
Of course, I wouldn't get that answer if the fluff wasn't able to run its course and people weren't allowed or we decide what was diluting the thread.
But you still never will IMO, you'll just get your perception of it based on your observations of the participation, claims and persistence of the party[/ies].

Quote:
How do you like my example?
Don't mean to be a smart but you're not an unrelated party, you're affiliated with the site. Lol... But yes, your statements are fair enough.

TBH

Old 12-02-2010, 10:01 PM   #38
ThomasHicks
@ post #36 - Not quite sure how I ended up quoting my own name, quote should have read "Ridgetop Reptiles."

Sorry but you apparently can't edit here...

TBH

Old 12-03-2010, 05:27 AM   #39
Lucille
Quote:

Actually no, I was never banned on RTB.net, one of the admins didn't agree with things I said so he unofficially suspended me

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck.......

Old 12-03-2010, 07:28 AM   #40
ThomasHicks
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck.......
Wow, I love how you ignore everything I said on the matter but that. If I was given the same punishment and on the same boat DavidD was on, why is he a member there? And you can look at my profile there, no where does it say I'm "banned," like it would for anyone that was actually banned.

TBH

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!