Bad Guy Chad Johnson - Chadscresteds - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:54 AM   #71
AltitudeExotics
I too think seeking legal actions is a good idea. Its situations like this that not only hurt the people who were stolen from, but hurt our whole industry as a whole.

(plus i think this would make a great episode of Judge Judy)

Old 03-25-2011, 07:36 AM   #72
jerseygirl
Is everyone filing their claims with Paypal? I wonder if once Paypal gives everyone their $ back, if they will go after him?

@ Ansli~ Did you ever see if it was possible to get your "gift" back? If enough people file with them, I'm sure they'll see that he is a crook, and possibly give you a refund?

@ Emily~ Do you REALLY want him shipping ANYTHING to you? He doesn't sound like he knows what he's doing, how about Ryans gecko who came on an unexpected day, and was left on his porch! If he does that for you, you're gonna have a baked leachie!

Id just file a claim with paypal, and after your refund, if you wanted to let his parents know that he stole $ from lots of people, then send it. I'm sure they'll punish him, and take his computer away

Old 03-25-2011, 12:08 PM   #73
emilylovesherps
Yes, I put in a claim for 1/2 the amount. 45 day policy screwed me on the other half. Zookeeper's salary makes me do payment plans. Not pretty, so I am sending the letter today. I will let y'all know at the first moment if I hear anything.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:21 PM   #74
dragonlvr64
I have been following this thread and just keep shaking my head in disbelief.
I guess I felt a bit more protected with the fellow forum members on Pangea. We are a fairly close group and this is just pretty shocking to me.

I wish all of you the best of luck with this. Pursue it as a group, keep each other going if one falls behind due to frustration. Strength in numbers yah know.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:53 PM   #75
emilylovesherps
Chad has made contact. I am not sure what the story is, but something about family and personal stuff, etc. He has seen this thread. At this time I am seeking only partial reimbursement because I feel bad for the kid, something that might be a flaw in my character. He said his phone was turned off and no internet access, however I friend requested him through facebook, and although he did not accept my request, I was able to see all of his status updates about his girlfriend coming to see him etc. These updates were made through facebook mobile. I am not making this post with any judgements or personal opinions. Only solid facts. I am hoping that this will come to resolution quickly, this way Chad and everyone affected will be able to leave this either reimbursed or a little smarter from the experience. The letter was also sent out Friday to Chad's parents, and I am waiting to hear the status of this as well.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:45 PM   #76
skinwrappedbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilylovesherps View Post
Chad has made contact. I am not sure what the story is, but something about family and personal stuff, etc. He has seen this thread.
I would appreciate it greatly if he intended to get in contact with everyone he's flaked on. I can understand personal problems or maybe even not having the best list of priorities. Definatly let us know how the letter goes over.

Old 03-27-2011, 04:10 AM   #77
SirenSanJose
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilylovesherps View Post
At this time I am seeking only partial reimbursement because I feel bad for the kid, something that might be a flaw in my character.
Unfortunately, I have to disagree with you fairly strongly on this point. It's people taking this sort of stance that let the less ethical realize they CAN get away with things. "Hey, I string people along, wait a while, spin a sob story, and I get to keep some of their money for having done nothing!"

We all have problems, we all have crap going on--admittedly some more than others, but everyone's got something on their plate.

Forgiving someone for stringing you on, after they make restitution, is noble. Not taking them to court or raising a stink about things once they've started to make right? Awesome. But making excuses for them, or not getting back what you're owed because feeling sorry for them, just teaches folks they can do it again and again and not ever take a hit for it.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:48 AM   #78
AltitudeExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by dheideman View Post
Unfortunately, I have to disagree with you fairly strongly on this point. It's people taking this sort of stance that let the less ethical realize they CAN get away with things. "Hey, I string people along, wait a while, spin a sob story, and I get to keep some of their money for having done nothing!"

We all have problems, we all have crap going on--admittedly some more than others, but everyone's got something on their plate.

Forgiving someone for stringing you on, after they make restitution, is noble. Not taking them to court or raising a stink about things once they've started to make right? Awesome. But making excuses for them, or not getting back what you're owed because feeling sorry for them, just teaches folks they can do it again and again and not ever take a hit for it.
I agree with this. It sounds to me like he is just making excuses. And seeing as this kid is underage and living with his parents, whatever his problems are, probably aren't that bad. To me it sounds like mommy spoils him, and he thinks he can get away with stuff like this.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:26 PM   #79
skinwrappedbox
The thing is, half of what he owes you is probably the full amount of what he owes me and I'm doubtful of seeing that back. If he has to, let him pay you back in installments. I don't think he should just have 'free money' hard times or not.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:08 PM   #80
sagespyder@yahoo.com
I would like to point out how he told her that his phone is turned off but he has been making mobile posts on his facebook about going to see his girlfriend. So it just goes to see that he is not above lying about this and if he has seen the thread he could simply go to the library to get in touch with all his buyers he has spurned.

I also agree that you can't just ask for a partial refund because of what is going on. If he wants to be serious about this then he has to learn to handle a lot of things and the same time or at the very least always find a way to be in touch with his customers.

Excuses aside he has a land line i am sure or at the very least ask to use his parent's cell to get in touch with everyone or at least check his e-mails, a lot of people have smart phones and plans to allow people to access their e-mails.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
crested geckos