Bad Guy west coast roaches Daniel Penunuri - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:48 PM   #31
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by adminwestcoastroaches View Post
Ebay requires tracking information. The usps scans a package, it registers based on tracking number and updates. It will tell you the day before the item gets to you that its in your town, and it tells you when it is out for delivery. It also tells you when it delivered.

Again I will send you more roaches, and ill pay for it. We can just agree to disagree.
Nothing to disagree about here. The following is copied from your ebay ad,

Live delivery is guaranteed to area in the U.S. where temperatures at time of delivery are 85 degrees and below. If shipments are going to location that fit into this category a signature at delivery will be required to accept package.

You are just wrong. Try living up to your TOS, You'll be amazed how easy things will get.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:56 PM   #32
adminwestcoastroaches
Quote:
Originally Posted by 951adg06 View Post
Its our channel, but I didn't make the video. That's an ex- employee who no longer works with us who made that video.
If you notice, he is giving an email address that is not our business email address, which is exactly why they no longer have anything to do with us.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:04 PM   #33
MrsWTownsend
Question

Quote:
Its our channel, but I didn't make the video. That's an ex- employee who no longer works with us who made that video.
If you notice, he is giving an email address that is not our business email address, which is exactly why they no longer have anything to do with us.
Just out of curiosity (apologies if this is considered off topic and violates any Fauna R & R) if the video gives fraudulent information why wouldn't you have it removed from your channel?

Old 10-20-2011, 07:06 PM   #34
Kristi23
Quote:
Just so you all know. The post office has online tracking. You can actually look and see where your package is.
The PO's tracking info isn't updated as often as they say. I've had stuff delivered and there is still no update on the website. Don't count of that for customers to know where their package is.

Quote:
Ebay requires tracking information. The usps scans a package, it registers based on tracking number and updates. It will tell you the day before the item gets to you that its in your town, and it tells you when it is out for delivery. It also tells you when it delivered.

Again I will send you more roaches, and ill pay for it. We can just agree to disagree.
Ebay does not require tracking info. It's your choice to purchase it. Paypal will require it if there is a dispute. I've been using ebay for years and have over 1900 positive feedback (100%). You can't even buy delivery confirmation for media mail.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:17 PM   #35
adminwestcoastroaches
No they do not require tracking information for someone to buy an item. But they do indeed require a tracking number from the seller. If no tracking number, Ebay will not back the seller in anyway in any dispute, nor will paypal.

Ebay under sold items records all tracking numbers, and ship dates, and marks it appropriately when the item is shipped.

Also about 2 months ago Paypal got into the business of verifying shipments and delivered.. This was not something they used to do, but if you look at their policy updates, its right there.

In the past paypal did not get involved in the shipping aspect of transactions.When Ebay decided they were requiring tracking information to be eligible for seller protection, PayPal followed suit and requires it for any dispute now. They leave you alone until there is a problem.

They very much require tracking numbers, and you can also print your shipping label right from paypal or Ebay, and in your transaction ledger they provide a seller with a method to purchase a shipping label for cheaper than the post office rates. They ask you to buy a label, or enter the tracking number and mark it shipped.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:30 PM   #36
Kristi23
They may not back you, but they also don't require a number to sell. I just sold items a week ago. I didn't enter in the tracking numbers for them (even though I do have them). I'm not going to keep argueing with you. I have no reason to lie about anything I have stated.

Quote:
No they do not require tracking information for someone to buy an item. But they do indeed require a tracking number from the seller. If no tracking number, Ebay will not back the seller in anyway in any dispute, nor will paypal.

Ebay under sold items records all tracking numbers, and ship dates, and marks it appropriately when the item is shipped.

Also about 2 months ago Paypal got into the business of verifying shipments and delivered.. This was not something they used to do, but if you look at their policy updates, its right there.

In the past paypal did not get involved in the shipping aspect of transactions.When Ebay decided they were requiring tracking information to be eligible for seller protection, PayPal followed suit and requires it for any dispute now. They leave you alone until there is a problem.

They very much require tracking numbers, and you can also print your shipping label right from paypal or Ebay, and in your transaction ledger they provide a seller with a method to purchase a shipping label for cheaper than the post office rates. They ask you to buy a label, or enter the tracking number and mark it shipped.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:41 PM   #37
adminwestcoastroaches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi23 View Post
They may not back you, but they also don't require a number to sell. I just sold items a week ago. I didn't enter in the tracking numbers for them (even though I do have them). I'm not going to keep argueing with you. I have no reason to lie about anything I have stated.
Nor do I, I am not arguing. I am simply stating what is the norm as it pertains to online marketplaces. If my claim was soooo outlandish, why does all the major website provide you with tracking and confirmation. They dont do it for the giggle of it. They didn't pay a coder to script it because it sounds nice, its how business is done.

And if your not adding the tracking number to your purchases, you are placig yourself at risk.If a buyer decides to dispute the transaction whter its good or not, you will lose, thus lose money. Then they can go and leave negative feedback and there is no way you can do anything about it. But if you submit the tracking number, and they can see its delivered, and you get bad feedback, Ebay will remove it, and paypal will cover the dispute.

They did this for the very reason we are talking about. To make sure both parties are doing as they should to make the market place an even better marketplace.

I urge you to take a few minutes to read Ebay and Paypal policies regarding this issue.Its right there for everyone to read.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:43 PM   #38
Kristi23
Quote:
Nor do I, I am not arguing. I am simply stating what is the norm as it pertains to online marketplaces. If my claim was soooo outlandish, why does all the major website provide you with tracking and confirmation. They dont do it for the giggle of it. They didn't pay a coder to script it because it sounds nice, its how business is done.

And if your not adding the tracking number to your purchases, you are placig yourself at risk.If a buyer decides to dispute the transaction whter its good or not, you will lose, thus lose money. Then they can go and leave negative feedback and there is no way you can do anything about it. But if you submit the tracking number, and they can see its delivered, and you get bad feedback, Ebay will remove it, and paypal will cover the dispute.

They did this for the very reason we are talking about. To make sure both parties are doing as they should to make the market place an even better marketplace.

I urge you to take a few minutes to read Ebay and Paypal policies regarding this issue.Its right there for everyone to read.

OMG! You really don't get it. You keep saying that things are required. I'm just telling you that they are not. I didn't say not to do it. Just don't state a fact that isn't true.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:46 PM   #39
Kristi23
Again, I am not new to ebay and I don't need to re-read their policy. I know it pretty well. http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

Old 10-20-2011, 07:54 PM   #40
David Scarboro
Kristi,

You are arguing with a fool. Cut him loose and let him drift, he already lost.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!