Special Needs Leopard Gecko (No feet) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Old 06-19-2011, 10:49 PM   #1
Allee Toler
Special Needs Leopard Gecko (No feet)

She's 100% healthy. I rescued her almost 6 months ago and feel she's 100% healthy and ready to find her new home.

She's around 4 years old.

"Sky" was neglected for many years. Her previous owner refused her a humid hide, and left crickets in her tank all the time. Over time the shed cut off circulation, and her back feet fell off. The crickets inside the tank ate away at her feet as they were falling off.

I can send photos to anyone who's seriously interest in adopting her (PM me your email so I can send it from my phone, I can post photos once I get them uploaded). She's well enough for me to ship. Adopter must pay shipping fee and pay for shipping supplies (7x7x7 insulated box, one 8oz deli cup and shipping label).

She has only two requirements when being adopted.
1. No crickets (I feed her dubias and mealworms)
2. Due to her ankles not being designed for being walked on, the skin is too delicate, any rough surfaces will cause them to sore and bleed. She must be kept on microfiber cloths. I've tried soft paper towels, hand towels, tile, paper, and a few other things. Microfiber cloths are the most delicate and 100% keep her ankles from bleeding.

If you feel you can give her a good home, I'd love for you to have her. I've worked hard with the vet to get her back to health from skin and bones, full of parasites, and bleeding feet.

Old 06-21-2011, 01:49 PM   #2
smb2585
I am not familiar with Geckos but hope you find a home for her. So sad when people neglect their pets

Old 06-22-2011, 02:49 AM   #3
Allee Toler
Adoption pending.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:55 AM   #4
fuzzylogix
this just infuriates the #$%!#$ out of me. im so glad you got her back healthy. i hope the adoption goes through. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

sorry, lol

Old 06-29-2011, 10:54 PM   #5
Tenor Goddess
Poor baby!

That poor baby. I sent you a PM. Would love to adopt her if the pending adoption doesn't go through. I've seen some narly crap people do to their pets in my years of rescue and as a vet tech....but man. This is one of the harsh ones.

So glad she found you to help her!

Kindest regards,

Amanda Rose

Old 06-29-2011, 11:06 PM   #6
Allee Toler
She's the most happiest little gecko, too. Every time I walk in the room she comes over to the edge and puts her little hand up on the glass for attention.

I got a few PMs for her. She will most definitely have a great home in the end. She deserves it. Once she's rehomed it opens another tank for me to take in another gecko who needs my help.

Old 07-09-2011, 03:03 AM   #7
Allee Toler
She's adopted and going home next week. She'll be well cared for and spoiled.

Old 07-22-2011, 04:11 PM   #8
Neeko
Wow, Im glad some one has the heart to take care of her. It a shame what ignorant people do...

Old 07-26-2011, 09:15 PM   #9
Allee Toler
Home sweet home, for those of you who were curious on how she was doing (those many loving and caring PM's!).

And she also adopted my 13 year old leopard gecko, Adellah, and this is her in her new home.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!