Bad Guy Bad experience with Family Reptiles - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-09-2015, 02:07 PM   #91
mmarie341
It was a pastel lesser female for 180 I believe.... I don't think we ever got into discussion about thw dragon I bought, Scott's wife was the one who I technically "bought" the tank from.

Again the animal I bought is great this had nothing to do with the wellbeing of the python.

I needed a tank with the set up and buying the ZooMed set up was cheaper than buying everything sperate. To he clear no FR never spoke to me on care for the dragon as they did not sell it to me.

Old 08-09-2015, 02:15 PM   #92
sschind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
Steve, my questions early in this thread were "pro Megan". I actually thought her answers would end the thread quickly and on a positive note for her. The money was only one thing of many I inquired about because I wasn't sure how much was spent at that one particular vendor. Three hundred is not chump change and they should have been more receptive, providing she is being 100 percent up front. But in light of her more recent posts, I think there's more to the story than meets the eye. Just my opinion. I've said what I've said and have drawn my own conclusions which probably differ from most here. I would deal with FR before Megan any day of the week. Nuff said.
Your initial requests were for how much she spent and for an itemized list. I don't think that is relevant. If she bought defective bulbs the seller should replace them. Subsequent revelations to further inquiries may have provided more information as to the true nature of the transaction and as to which party you would trust but that still does not change the fact that she bought bad bulbs and they should be replaced no matter how much she spent with the vendor. I don't question your persistence on the entire matter just on that one small issue.

I agree that there may be more here than meets the eye (I haven't read FRs response yet but I see they posted one) but I don't think the fact that she bought the bulbs from FR is in dispute.

Old 08-09-2015, 02:16 PM   #93
FamilyReptiles
That may be correct, i could take the time to look up the sales records monday when i get to the store... But i dont that will get us any further.

In the end... This all started over customer service issue. It has somehow morphed in color of bulbs and tank setups.

I have appoligized and extended the olive branch. Really nothing more i can do from this point forward. Ive been in business for 8 years...sold about 5000 reptiles, sold thousands and thousands... Maybe a million of products...And if this is the worst thing ive done... I think we have done good. Sometimes we cant please everyone.

I know the "Fauna Police" still find me guilty on all counts... Lol....so if someone reading this dont trust us, them please go buy your items from someone you do

Old 08-09-2015, 02:27 PM   #94
FamilyReptiles
Lets turn a negative into a positive...
find something good we did...post a new thread about us....Then come see me at your next reptile show and ill give you a FREE light bulb!

Wait... Is that buying my customers?

Lol.... Anyway. Lets push forward and make progress. I think this horse is dead!

Old 08-09-2015, 02:29 PM   #95
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyReptiles View Post
That may be correct, i could take the time to look up the sales records monday when i get to the store... But i dont that will get us any further.

In the end... This all started over customer service issue. It has somehow morphed in color of bulbs and tank setups.

I have appoligized and extended the olive branch. Really nothing more i can do from this point forward. Ive been in business for 8 years...sold about 5000 reptiles, sold thousands and thousands... Maybe a million of products...And if this is the worst thing ive done... I think we have done good. Sometimes we cant please everyone.

I know the "Fauna Police" still find me guilty on all counts... Lol....so if someone reading this dont trust us, them please go buy your items from someone you do
Thank you for posting Scott. Based on responses by you and Megan, I was able to form my own opinions on the matter. I would do business with you in a heartbeat. Good luck in the future.

Old 08-09-2015, 03:13 PM   #96
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschind View Post
Your initial requests were for how much she spent and for an itemized list. I don't think that is relevant. If she bought defective bulbs the seller should replace them. Subsequent revelations to further inquiries may have provided more information as to the true nature of the transaction and as to which party you would trust but that still does not change the fact that she bought bad bulbs and they should be replaced no matter how much she spent with the vendor. I don't question your persistence on the entire matter just on that one small issue.

I agree that there may be more here than meets the eye (I haven't read FRs response yet but I see they posted one) but I don't think the fact that she bought the bulbs from FR is in dispute.
Reread the thread Steve. Your comment regarding my persistence about the money is false and misleading. The answer to that question was satisfied on page three, post #26. Since then, I have not inquired about it once. You have brought it up more than anyone since. Don't mistake me for someone who disagrees with everything you say. Not so. But stop yrying to put me in a false light here.

Old 08-09-2015, 10:40 PM   #97
LauraB
Thanks for posting the pic, Megan. I stand corrected. I didn't even think about one of those "all in one" kits. All my own UVB/heat sources, bulbs and tank/cage necessities have all been separate purchases.

Old 08-09-2015, 11:50 PM   #98
mmarie341
Luara,
I agree, the tank set ups are a little silly because there are many unnecessary/harmful things sold in the set up. And maybe wrong doing on the companies who make them, maybe they shouldn't advertise that it is for bearded dragons. But then again most people who buy these set ups purchase their dragons from Petsmart and don't do their research.

Like I said I did my research so I learned that the sand and red bulb are some of those unnecessary things sold in such kit. But still it was nice to have the bulb replaced by Zoomed as I did pay for it and have used it on my other reptiles.

Old 08-10-2015, 12:18 AM   #99
LauraB
Good for you, re: research, even if after the fact, and for NOT using the sand in your dragon's tank. Continue to research a particular species husbandry needs prior to purchase and they will thrive

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!