Bad Guy Bad experience with Family Reptiles - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-07-2015, 12:04 AM   #11
Chris Kennard
Thus the "itemize" inquiry.

Old 08-07-2015, 12:10 AM   #12
Chris Kennard
Would you please post correspondence regarding the rude conversation?

Old 08-07-2015, 02:10 AM   #13
Big Borg Reptiles
I'm also curious who you spoke to at the store. Are you sure it was the owner?

I've had TERRIBLE experiences with employees (what do you expect when they're getting paid crap) but had the owner completely take charge and make things right. I've also had employees who were amazing and had the owner be a complete piece of crap, you never know. It's hard for me say anything either way at this point.

If it was the owner, it would make sense for him to simply replace the bulbs and speak with zoomed himself, since he was the one who sold them to you, but without any sort of transcript of the conversation it's very hard to discern what was actually said and by who. It sounds like the situation was fairly easily resolved, but I agree that he shouldn't make you go out of your way to take care of it.

Old 08-07-2015, 07:44 AM   #14
caffeinecynic
Having been to Family Reptiles before - and recently - their store is often crowded, and usually with frequent patrons. I second the above question: Are you sure it was the owner you spoke to? Or even an employee? A lot of the people in that store answer questions and help the customers... but 2/3s are actually just customers or Reptile enthusiasts, not actually members of the staff. I got confused just this weekend for the same reason, and since they don't usually wear name tags or uniforms (it is a very small establishment), it's easy to make that mistake.

Old 08-07-2015, 12:08 PM   #15
mmarie341
I spent 300. I bought the tank set up and a lesser ball python.

Old 08-07-2015, 12:12 PM   #16
mmarie341
I was the owner because I called the store and the man I spoke to said he was the owner, when he wasn't helpful I emailed the store owner and the man I emailed said you talked to me I am the store owner. So yes I am sure it was the owner.
This is why I was upset because it was a simple fix he just was being lazy/ cheap or whatever.

Old 08-07-2015, 12:19 PM   #17
mmarie341
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
It is highly disturbing that Family Pets told the OP to return the bulb to a store it didn't come from. That is return fraud, which is a form of theft, and in fact a crime.
Again! This is one of the reasons this made me so mad! He sold the product so why would he not take responsibility!

Old 08-07-2015, 12:28 PM   #18
mmarie341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
Would you please post correspondence regarding the rude conversation?
I don't think I kept the emails. Basically, he told me that I was rude to him on the phone. I wasn't rude. On the phone he told me to either pay to have it sent back or to bring it into the store, I was short with conversation because I did not believe that the owner/manager could be so unhelpful. Then I emailed him where he told me to take it to a bigger name store like Petco/ Petsmart and return it. Then in the email he said something along the lines of "you want me to bend over backwards for you when you were rude to me on the phone"

Old 08-07-2015, 12:34 PM   #19
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarie341 View Post
I spent 300. I bought the tank set up and a lesser ball python.
Yes, I know you spent 300 and I know what you bought. You are being cautiously vague with your answers. Did you spend all 300 on the same vendor (FR)?

Old 08-07-2015, 12:44 PM   #20
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarie341 View Post
I don't think I kept the emails. Basically, he told me that I was rude to him on the phone. I wasn't rude. On the phone he told me to either pay to have it sent back or to bring it into the store, I was short with conversation because I did not believe that the owner/manager could be so unhelpful. Then I emailed him where he told me to take it to a bigger name store like Petco/ Petsmart and return it. Then in the email he said something along the lines of "you want me to bend over backwards for you when you were rude to me on the phone"
Why didn't you "bring it into the store"? Also, what did you write on their fb page?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!