Bad Guy Bad experience with Family Reptiles - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-07-2015, 03:07 PM   #31
mmarie341
"That's making you jump hoops and being rude?

He stated "bring it in or ship it back". You stated, Thanks and have a great day."

No, this was not rude at all I just didn't think he was the manager so I emailed him. In the email is when he was impolite, he called me rude for "hanging up on him"

Old 08-07-2015, 03:17 PM   #32
sschind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
Yes, I know you spent 300 and I know what you bought. You are being cautiously vague with your answers. Did you spend all 300 on the same vendor (FR)?
It doesn't matter. She bought two bulbs that didn't work and he blew her off when he should have replaced them. Worse than blowing her off he told her to take the bulbs back to a store where she didn't buy them. That is all that is important to the situation. It doesn't matter if she spent 30.00 or 300.00 or 3000.00 with him.

Old 08-07-2015, 03:21 PM   #33
mmarie341
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschind View Post
It doesn't matter. She bought two bulbs that didn't work and he blew her off when he should have replaced them. Worse than blowing her off he told her to take the bulbs back to a store where she didn't buy them. That is all that is important to the situation. It doesn't matter if she spent 30.00 or 300.00 or 3000.00 with him.
Thank you. Its not that hard he should have replaced them. He was in the wrong. He just wanted to be lazy and cheap. Well and wanted me to do something illegal.

Old 08-07-2015, 03:23 PM   #34
sschind
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowtree99 View Post
Actually to anybody who read the very first post I would have thought it was clear what and where you purchased from and the situation and there should NOT have been a Spanish Inquistion to make you repeat what was already provided!

No one expects the Spanish inquisition.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

Whether it was clear or not doesn't matter. What was clear is that she bought two bulbs from him and they didn't work. What else she bought and who she bought it from is irrelevant.

Old 08-07-2015, 03:26 PM   #35
mmarie341
okay well everyone knows where i stand on this so im done posting im going to work peace out homies

Old 08-07-2015, 06:03 PM   #36
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
I think everyone but Chris understood that to be the case.
You "think", or you know? Her statement was "I spent over three hundred dollars INCLUDING a bearded dragon tank setup from Family Reptiles".

Old 08-07-2015, 06:16 PM   #37
Chris Kennard
Quote:

Sorry I couldn't resist.

Whether it was clear or not doesn't matter. What was clear is that she bought two bulbs from him and they didn't work. What else she bought and who she bought it from is irrelevant.
I disagree. And just because something is irrelevant to you, doesn't make it so. I had good reason to ask the questions I asked. That was for Regan's benefit, not mine. Not all were answered. No big deal. I was able to form an opinion based on her answers. Rehan's more recent posts have cast doubt in my mind. Her initial post states "I called Family Reptiles and spoke to someone who wanted my to bend over backwards". The conversation, according to her, didn't have a chance to evolve to that point. The original post made no mention of her hanging up on the owner, no mention of the context of the emails, and no mention of the abrasive fb intrusion. Perhaps she is roght or perhaps she is a problem customer. Short of Family Reptiles weighing in to give their side of the story, we may never know. Just my opinions.

Old 08-07-2015, 06:20 PM   #38
Chris Kennard
Quote:

Sorry I couldn't resist.

I also noticed that no one has questioned whether or not the bulbs could have been damaged in the three hour car ride. Just sayin'.

Old 08-07-2015, 06:46 PM   #39
mmarie341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
I also noticed that no one has questioned whether or not the bulbs could have been damaged in the three hour car ride. Just sayin'.
To answer that no it was in their sealed package and in the tank set up. The heating bulb did not work right off the bat and two days later the day bulb stopped working.

I've already said it's over and done with, my post was to simply let people know I feel like I did not get the customer service I deserved after spending 300 dollars with their company. So stop arguing about it, it really doesn't matter that much!

Old 08-07-2015, 06:57 PM   #40
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarie341 View Post
To answer that no it was in their sealed package and in the tank set up. The heating bulb did not work right off the bat and two days later the day bulb stopped working.

I've already said it's over and done with, my post was to simply let people know I feel like I did not get the customer service I deserved after spending 300 dollars with their company. So stop arguing about it, it really doesn't matter that much!
Arguing and disagreeing is not the same thing. And it may not matter to you, but I'm sure FR feels otherwise. In any case you both could have and dhould have handled it differently. You got quality merchandise out of the deal and are out of pocket no money. FM got a bad review out of the. Congratulations.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!