Bad Guy Jeff Porto of Shedskin Reptiles - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:20 PM   #31
Chris Kennard
What are the odds of a gecko escaping a tank only to try to get back into another one? What a stroke of luck, huh?

Old 07-25-2015, 08:32 PM   #32
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
What are the odds of a gecko escaping a tank only to try to get back into another one? What a stroke of luck, huh?
I could see it happening if two tubs next to each other in a rack system were both pulled out partially.

Not expressly to pile on, as I feel Lucille already captured things comprehensively in her post I already quoted in agreement, but there is another point of inconsistency (and questionable accuracy) in the screenshot Lucille more recently provided of the FB page.

The genes of the two stated animals are not incompatible in any sense (she corrected this later, but left the falsehood earlier). Likewise, while not wanting to breed an animal that has recovered from MBD can be a valid concern and breeding a diminutive female can be a valid concern, an emission of semen by a formerly MBD-afflicted male is not going to be a negative factor in his continued state of improved-since-then health. In other words, that alarmism is really more a whole lot of nothing.

Not an overly big deal, but perhaps worth pointing out.

I do feel this person has worthwhile ability to contribute meaningfully, but I was disappointed by the Reptiles by Mack thread. The style was not okay. Likewise, she should be prepared to defend claims made in this thread. With evidence if possible.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:41 PM   #33
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
I could see it happening if two tubs next to each other in a rack system were both pulled out partially.

Not expressly to pile on, as I feel Lucille already captured things comprehensively in her post I already quoted in agreement, but there is another point of inconsistency (and questionable accuracy) in the screenshot Lucille more recently provided of the FB page.

The genes of the two stated animals are not incompatible in any sense (she corrected this later, but left the falsehood earlier). Likewise, while not wanting to breed an animal that has recovered from MBD can be a valid concern and breeding a diminutive female can be a valid concern, an emission of semen by a formerly MBD-afflicted male is not going to be a negative factor in his continued state of improved-since-then health. In other words, that alarmism is really more a whole lot of nothing.

Not an overly big deal, but perhaps worth pointing out.

I do feel this person has worthwhile ability to contribute meaningfully, but I was disappointed by the Reptiles by Mack thread. The style was not okay. Likewise, she should be prepared to defend claims made in this thread. With evidence if possible.
I based my comment on her saying it escaped it's "tank". I assumed if it was in a rack system she would have said tub.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:41 PM   #34
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
This was my feeling exactly. I'm not saying "there's no way Jeff would ever do this, it must be a lie!", but at the same time, I'm not going to believe something without some sort of evidence. If it hadn't been for that other thread I might even have been inclined to believe her, but what she did to Reptiles by Mack was in very poor taste and completely inappropriate.

And any time someone uses mental illness as an excuse for something it really rubs me the wrong way. If you're not mentally stable enough to respond to questions, you probably shouldn't be posting in the first place.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:46 PM   #35
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
I based my comment on her saying it escaped it's "tank". I assumed if it was in a rack system she would have said tub.
I am not disagreeing with you, Chris. I am offering a plausible scenario.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:48 PM   #36
Big Borg Reptiles
I should clarify, it's not that I don't think mental illness is a valid excuse, but if you're fine posting things and making responses and talking about all of these problems you're having, and as soon as someone calls you out you suddenly can't deal with it because of your "mental problems"....give me a break.

Old 07-25-2015, 09:02 PM   #37
Chris Kennard
Quote:
I am not disagreeing with you, Chris. I am offering a plausible scenario.
I know that. I was just explaining why I discarded that scenario right away. I did considerate it for a second, but there is a big difference between tank and tub. Maybe she considers them one in the same, who knows? Under the circumstances, I have a tough time giving her the benefit of the doubt on anything. So far she comes off as an instigator with an aweful lot of holes in her contributions here. I wasn't barking at you Nickolas. Just responding.

Old 07-25-2015, 09:05 PM   #38
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
I know that. I was just explaining why I discarded that scenario right away. I did considerate it for a second, but there is a big difference between tank and tub. Maybe she considers them one in the same, who knows? Under the circumstances, I have a tough time giving her the benefit of the doubt on anything. So far she comes off as an instigator with an aweful lot of holes in her contributions here. I wasn't barking at you Nickolas. Just responding.
No worries, sir.

Old 07-25-2015, 09:24 PM   #39
Chris Kennard
Quote:
No worries, sir.
Also Nickolas, I did give alot of thought to your comment about worthwhile ability, and don't disagree. There are positive forces in this community that got off to a rough start. Hopefully this will be a good learning experience.

Old 07-25-2015, 09:31 PM   #40
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I contacted him through his website.
I think he should, if he wishes, have an opportunity to present his point of view.
Is he registered here? If he checked his website, he should have responded. He's had 5 days since you contacted him. Maybe there's a better way to contact him?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!