HELP!!! Canary Island? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Arboreal Boas/Pythons

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 12:00 AM   #1
snake8myelbo
Exclamation HELP!!! Canary Island?

Hello, my herp store bought a "aru" gtp about a year ago as a baby. We bought it from a big reptile wholesaler, They also were carrying canary island gtp's at the same time. Well it has no green scales at all? shouldn't it have started to change colors by now? And in the same order this company gave me the wrong species of chameleon? so I am thinkin some dip packed our order and grabbed a canary island. Is there any way to tell? gtp aren't really my specialty. BUT I am supposed to sell it tommorrow and don't want to give it away for $500, so please HELP!!!!, thanks Chris
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-06-2006, 12:07 AM   #2
BoaMan Jon
Only pictures can help us decipher this.

Old 10-06-2006, 12:17 AM   #3
snake8myelbo
how do you put pics on here ive never done it? i could email them
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-06-2006, 12:30 AM   #4
BoaMan Jon
you could sign up for photobucket.com and host them from there or email them to joncairns@earthlink.net and I'll help

Old 10-06-2006, 10:49 AM   #5
BoaMan Jon
Here are snake8myelbo's photos of the animal in question.

I'm far from an expert in pythons, but this looks like a juvenile Aru type to me.

Old 10-06-2006, 10:59 AM   #6
christopher66
No Canary

No thats not a Canary.
The little guy may start to change soon or take his time.
I have one thats a year old and hasnt changed yet.
Some change early others take their sweet ol'time.
And in my opinion $500. is far from giving it away.
Your making your money back two fold.

Old 10-06-2006, 12:17 PM   #7
snake8myelbo
cool well thanks a ton Jon, Chris
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-06-2006, 09:19 PM   #8
Clay Davenport
One other point, the Canary Islands are off the northwest coast of Africa, in the neighborhood of 11,000 miles from the range of green tree pythons.

Old 10-06-2006, 10:36 PM   #9
christopher66
Yes you are correct.
The name Canary was more or less dropped after it was pointed out that the Canary Islands are on the other side of the planet from New Guinea.
Though they are still referred to as " Canary's "they are from an Island called Kafiau,which is off of New Guinea.
Though they are a viberant color of yellow it is an unusual yellow ,with pale lavender dorsal markings with a sprinkling of green and/or white scales can be seen as well.The iris of the eye is yellow and the pupil black.
Though some seem to keep their coloration into adulthood others do not,as is the way of the Chondropython anyway.
They are still a relatively new locality type chondro that was introduced to the U.S around the year 2003.
One should also be careful when buying so called Canary's as there are people out there that are misrepresenting them as Canary's when in all honesty they are not.

Old 10-07-2006, 03:15 AM   #10
snake8myelbo
cool guys well sold the aru and costomer is stoked! thanks again Chris
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread