I am SO MAD!!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 12-15-2006, 01:30 PM   #11
barbie69
Oh my!!! He looks horrid !!! I would say I can't believe you found him that way but unfortunately it happens too often and I do believe it!
I hope he pulls through for you. He is absolutely gorgeous underneath all the shed!! My fingers are crossed and definately let us know how the feeding goes. Good Luck !!

Old 12-15-2006, 01:39 PM   #12
shrap
Awesome Rick, you are a good man! I wish you the best of luck with him.

Old 12-15-2006, 02:46 PM   #13
Schlyne
Poor guy. He does look like he's got some nice coloration to him. Let us know how things go with Siam Zoo as well.

Old 12-15-2006, 07:11 PM   #14
CurtisF
God, I know close to nothing about snakes but that to me even looks horrible! Good luck with him.

Old 12-15-2006, 07:39 PM   #15
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Cole
And am I pleased to see you take action towards those that allowed this to happen. Let us know who the supplier is. We' ll sic Wes on em!
Something like that. I talked to the owner, and he says he just bought the place around 2 months ago from the previous people. He admitted to not knowing much about reptiles, and I let him know that he shouldn't have them than. He got sorta defensive, but showed a willingness to correct the problems, and learn, so I give him some credit there.

I'll go and help them get it right to start, but I don't think he knows how much he may have to put into it. They have nothing but lights for heat, and not enough wattage IMO. We'll see how it goes.

I really want to know who sold him an animal like this though. That's what REALLY got me mad. We'll see if I can get that info from him.

Thanks again for all the support. We'll see how it goes.
Rick

Old 12-15-2006, 07:42 PM   #16
crotalusadamanteus
I forgot. I got a Helen Bigelow! She's this 90 yr old lady, 90 lbs soaked, and I bet she could make Wes cry. LOL

Old 12-18-2006, 02:00 PM   #17
Lauren Summey
Aww wow, poor little Boa... I'm glad that he has a good home now though! Please keep us updated on his progress.

Old 12-18-2006, 05:54 PM   #18
crotalusadamanteus
An update

Well, got his mouth rot under control it appears. All necrotic tissue is gone, and swelling has come down some. Now if I would just see a decrease in the phlem in his mouth, I'd start feeling a lot better about the RI. I think if I don't see an improvement in that area after todays dose of Baytril, I will be trying a stronger anti biotic.

He's still pretty disinclined to eat, but I can't say I blame him. Will try that again in a few days.

A couple pics from last nites treatment so you can get an idea how TINY this guy is, and how much better his mouth looks. Still a little swelling, and a couple eye caps to work on, but I been doing a lot to this guy, and don't want stress to work against him either.

Thanks for the support everyone. BTW, I'm calling him Lucky. So now he's got an actual name.

Rick

Old 12-18-2006, 06:43 PM   #19
Wilomn
Looks like Lucky's going into shed and I bet once he does he'll look a MILLION times better.

Kudos man, kudos.

Old 12-18-2006, 06:57 PM   #20
RosterImposter
Those pictures actually made me a bit sick, how can anybody treat an animal like that?
Im happy, however, that there are people like you willing to bring lil guys like these back to life.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!