Bad Guy Garret Smith ( Scammer ) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:08 PM   #21
uromastyx13
5Th part
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2015, 09:12 PM   #22
uromastyx13
6Th part
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2015, 09:12 PM   #23
Frogman11
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Breeders Union View Post
A couple of lingering questions.

Did Michael know he was an investor with no recourse when the deal was made? Or is this something which was unspoken and open to interpretation?

The Garret Smith from 10 years ago is referenced as being from Chico CA in one thread, your city. Is this just a coincidence?

You have a want list on your website with a few ESA species currently unavailable in private north american herpetoculture. This raises some concerns about your understanding of import/export laws- which could be a component in why people are getting nervous about trusting you with such large sums of money after no animals have been supplied (particularly after other people have landed their Pakistan orders months ago).

A simple solution to rest concerns about the animals coming may simply be to redact the CITES documents of any sensitive material and show that you are making headway on the shipment

Of course Mike knew he was going in on this transaction and buying these animals at cost. and that It could go quick or take along time. He knows and texted me a few days ago that his friend also confirmed that importing can take 6 months to a year. If the supplier doesn't follow through we can get our money back. But Mike is changing his mind and wants out after everyone has put time and money into this.

All of the ESA species on my want list are in the private sector and in my state. So no import/export laws are required. The one that is not endangered. Yes, is not currently available in the US.

I'm not expierenceing people being nervous from buying animals off of me.

What Pakistan order came in months ago?

I have sent Mike the completed documents and communicated with him every time I get new information.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:18 PM   #24
uromastyx13
7Th part
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2015, 09:21 PM   #25
California Breeders Union
Ok I'll play.

The same Pakistan order which went to Kam where all of the Saara which were offered came from.

Mike claims you did not send him completed documents, seems easy to disprove rather than he said she said.

You are incorrect about there being Galapagos Land iguanas in the private sector in California. Cyclura cychlura figginsi is listed as threatened under the ESA and is also not in our state in the private sector. You're welcome to consult anyone from the Iguana workshop on the topic as we are lucky to have a very knowledgeable iguana-head from it in state.

I am familiar with the issues with the import/export game which is a big reason I don't take money up front when dealing with complicated countries. Delays occur sometimes with simple things like re-export CITES. With that said 7 months seems like a problem is at hand; and certainly a reasonable time period to want to wash your hands of a deal. Then again something as simple as providing proof of progress (redacted CITES docs for instance) would seem like an easy solution.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:22 PM   #26
uromastyx13
8Th part
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2015, 09:26 PM   #27
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Breeders Union View Post
Ok I'll play.

The same Pakistan order which went to Kam where all of the Saara which were offered came from.

Mike claims you did not send him completed documents, seems easy to disprove rather than he said she said.

You are incorrect about there being Galapagos Land iguanas in the private sector in California. Cyclura cychlura figginsi is listed as threatened under the ESA and is also not in our state in the private sector. You're welcome to consult anyone from the Iguana workshop on the topic as we are lucky to have a very knowledgeable iguana-head from it in state.

I am familiar with the issues with the import/export game which is a big reason I don't take money up front when dealing with complicated countries. Delays occur sometimes with simple things like re-export CITES. With that said 7 months seems like a problem is at hand; and certainly a reasonable time period to want to wash your hands of a deal. Then again something as simple as providing proof of progress (redacted CITES docs for instance) would seem like an easy solution.
Nicely put.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:31 PM   #28
uromastyx13
9Th pt
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2015, 09:34 PM   #29
uromastyx13
10 pt
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2015, 09:36 PM   #30
California Breeders Union
Also since I think it got missed; this is not you correct?
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=46091

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!