Bad Guy Snakes At Sunset - Terrible Communication - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-14-2016, 12:47 PM   #31
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesatsunset View Post
Reason for order cancellation.
Hello again,

The reason I have requested to cancel my order is because I found out my landlord does not allow reptiles (particularly snakes) and does frequent (and invasive I might add,) walkthroughs of my home.

I am aware that you do not usually do refunds of shipped animals but my order has not yet been shipped.

I hope you will be understanding about this and I will leave you guys a great review.

Thanks for your time and sorry that I must cancel the order

Sincerely,
John Westlund
Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalMethods View Post
I shouldn't have needed to make up some extravagant story on why I couldn't keep the snake.
So, none of your "reason to cancel" was true? Would it be fair if Mike created a BAD GUY BOI report on you for being a self admitted lair and breaking your business agreement under false pretense? You entered into an agreement with Mike did you not? You made a purchase with him and then lied to get out of it. Not only did you lie about why you cancelled, you then said you were going to give a "great review", yet here you are doing the complete opposite. Hum...

Old 11-14-2016, 01:17 PM   #32
Robert Walker
Quote:
1. snake was... probably loaded with parasites and God knows what!)
2. Your policy is as poor...
3. If someone does not want their animal. You should not...ask why...
4. It takes two minutes to cancel an order.
5. htt://****nobadbreed...
Personal Note:
1. Where is your proof?
2. A policy I'm sure you read "before" you made your purchase?
3. A smart business absolutely "should" ask why. There are 100 reasons, many of which a smart business might be able to help out with for the benefit of the buyer, company, staff & future customers.
4. Where is your proof?

Mod Note:
5. It is bad enough you ignored the rules on posting 3rd party quotes, in addition, profanity is not welcome here either (typed, screen shot, linked etc.)

Old 11-14-2016, 01:19 PM   #33
DavidBeard
Wow Mr. Westlund.....way to stick your foot in your own mouth. Failing at making someone else look bad whilst making yourself look incredibly bad is a talent you possess, no doubt.

Old 11-14-2016, 02:48 PM   #34
DevenTheDude
I had the same problem when I ordered my uromastyx. Their costumer service isn't the best and the communication is terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-14-2016, 03:28 PM   #35
TribalMethods
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
So, none of your "reason to cancel" was true? Would it be fair if Mike created a BAD GUY BOI report on you for being a self admitted lair and breaking your business agreement under false pretense? You entered into an agreement with Mike did you not? You made a purchase with him and then lied to get out of it. Not only did you lie about why you cancelled, you then said you were going to give a "great review", yet here you are doing the complete opposite. Hum...
No I did not record my calls to Snakes at Sunset so I do not have proof that I tried to verbally cancel my order and was blown off...

No I do not have proof of how rude I was treated on the phone (I like how that issue is never addressed.)

There was also no "Business agreement" I signed no contracts. I simply made a purchase, received poor & rude communication, found plenty of bad reviews, and wanted to cancel my order. There is no proof of any of it though. And since no one's word means anything without proof, I really don't see any point in even Trying to explain myself.

I lied because I feel Mike was going to FORCE me into buying an animal after mistreating me. He did not state for which reasons I could cancel an order, only that he "Normally did not cancel orders." Once again, he can sure write huge long messages on here, but can't explain anything to a paying customer.

I have NEVER had to explain why I needed to cancel an order after doing business with THOUSANDS of businesses online. The whole idea of having to explain yourself in the first place is ridiculous to me. And if you can't see why, well then

He scared the shit out of me by making me explain why I wanted to cancel. I was pretty darn sure he would just tout his "premier" reputation and send me the animal whether I wanted it or not. Because obviously, if someone doesn't want it, who cares about the animal? He just wants his money. If he were dealing physical non-living goods, I could potentially understand. But because it is a LIVING THING we are talking about, that is beyond ludicrous to not cancel an order. That was the biggest red-flag to me that he -POTENTIALLY- does not care about the animals. Like I said, whether right or wrong, I believe my reaction and explanation was logical, whether it was moral, that is up to you to play GOD.

Also... I said I would leave a good review as further motivation for him to cancel my order as all I could find was 90% negative reviews and I figured that might matter to him. No I did not leave a bad or good review afterwards. This has been months since.

I never intended to leave any sort of a review. But after seeing ANOTHER disgruntled customer, I couldn't resist.

Also go ahead and leave a "Bad Guy BOI" on me if you like. It means nothing to me. I am not a breeder, I will never be a breeder, and I certainly will not be buying any other animals for the next 10-20 years. So Go Ahead.

P.S.
Not all the bad reviews are ridiculous. And just because people don't share the first name, does not make them "fake." Obviously they weren't posted within the last few months, hence obviously none of the reviews are mine.

Pointing out one or two crazy people does not mean the rest are all stupid as well.

Perhaps he sends out his healthy animals to the users on here because he knows they will leave him bad reviews otherwise.

Maybe those that buy directly from his website get screwed. Most people do not go on Fauna to find snakes. They use google to find a dealers website.

Old 11-14-2016, 03:32 PM   #36
TribalMethods
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevenTheDude View Post
I had the same problem when I ordered my uromastyx. Their costumer service isn't the best and the communication is terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yet another happy customer!

But we are all full of shit? I'm honest whenever I can be. He forced me to lie; that is how I see it. Had he explained what reasons I could cancel for, I would have been honest. As I am sure a customer feeling uncomfortable with his business after reading negative reviews is a VERY COMMON occurrence.

Whatever.

Old 11-14-2016, 03:41 PM   #37
Quote:
You sure can write huge long stories and do tons of research defending your reputation can't you? If you put half the amount of effort into your normal communication or business as you do defending your reputation on here. We'll then, you'd be top-of-the-line.

But God forbid someone wants to cancel their order because they found all the bad reviews about you online (and because the snake was farm bred and probably loaded with parasites and God knows what!) Who the hell won't cancel an order that hasn't been shipped? I shouldn't have needed to make up some extravagant story on why I couldn't keep the snake. Your policy is as poor as your communication and your reviews.

If someone does not want their animal. You should not argue or ask why... if it has not been shipped. I've never seen such stupidity from any business. I also called and talked in person to "someone." They answered the phone and all they said was "snakes" in an irritated tone of voice. I said: "I need to cancel an order please," and whomever I talked to said "I'm sorry it'll have to be tomorrow."

It takes two minutes to cancel an order. This is when I knew for-sure the reviews out there had to be right. Whoever I talked to (probably you Mike,) was rude as hell (another common complaint!) When I called back multiple times the next day, no one answered. Big surprise!

Here are links to all the lovely reviews you have out there:
https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...et-Experiences
^---- I love how someone said you even bring sick stuff to shows!

http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/ww...satsunset.com/
^---- 7/7 reviews are 1 star here. The "good" reviews sure do speak for themselves! There Are None!

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=169711
^--- This is the third result in Google search for "snakes at sunset review." Another bad review, and on here nonetheless!

http://m.citysearch.com/review/2542949
^--- Finally way down the list on some outdated site, I finally find some good reviews. You actually are outweighed by good reviews on this site! Congratulations! I bet that is a first for you! However the bad ones are bad enough I still wouldn't touch your animals with a hazmat suit on!

http://fucknobadbreeders.tumblr.com/...gest-thing-ive

^-- Even further down the list now. It's getting hard to find any info on you now. Good or bad. This guy says he too has heard a lot of mixed stuff about your business. Dead animals within days, some say the opposite.

There really aren't that many reviews of you here or elsewhere. And your track record is Poor. If you were doing so much business online there would be much more reviews.

You also did not have any information on your website about if the boa was CBB, CB, wild caught, or farmed. In fact you don't for most of your animals. What great business practice there as well!
You've lost all credibility with this post.

Old 11-14-2016, 03:43 PM   #38
DavidBeard
Quote:
Yet another happy customer!

But we are all full of shit? I'm honest whenever I can be. He forced me to lie; that is how I see it. Had he explained what reasons I could cancel for, I would have been honest. As I am sure a customer feeling uncomfortable with his business after reading negative reviews is a VERY COMMON occurrence.

Whatever.
Your blaming others for your own unethical actions is the biggest farce in this entire thread. He "forced" you to lie? LOL. Wow.....if you won't be buying animals for 10-20 years (probably another lie) then why are you even here? You're 26 years old.....start acting like an adult. Unless you're lying about your age also. Liar.

Old 11-14-2016, 03:47 PM   #39
TribalMethods
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
Personal Note:
1. Where is your proof?
2. A policy I'm sure you read "before" you made your purchase?
3. A smart business absolutely "should" ask why. There are 100 reasons, many of which a smart business might be able to help out with for the benefit of the buyer, company, staff & future customers.
4. Where is your proof?

Mod Note:
5. It is bad enough you ignored the rules on posting 3rd party quotes, in addition, profanity is not welcome here either (typed, screen shot, linked etc.)
1. I have no proof, need no proof, do not give a fuck about proof. There are WAY too many people that say his customer service SUCKS to need proof.

2. YES I DID READ HIS POLICY's. And NO WHERE does it say you can not cancel an order that has not shipped. The only information I can find is his shipping & return policy. In which he states:

"There are no REFUNDS if shipping delays are due to weather. Sorry we do not refund or take back animals due to being skittish, scared, or defensive. They need time to adjust and build a bond with you. "

There is NO OTHER INFORMATION -ANYWHERE- regarding REFUNDS.

So basically, I had no way to know that by placing an order he was not going to let me cancel (nor did I expect to until later... but that is besides the point.)

3. I guess all the other businesses out there are stupid for not asking why then?

Why is it that every other company I have EVER had the need to cancel an order with asks ZERO questions? Why? Because It Is The Professional Thing To Do. Argue that to the death if you wish, but many people will agree that this is true.

4. Asking the same question twice? How "Smart" of you.

In reply to the mod note:

No I did not read through the rules here. If you all want to have stupid rules about not being able to link to external reviews, whatever. That's fine, I don't need this account and I am not a buyer here on this website ANYMORE.

Go ahead and FUCKING ban me

You should have to be 18 and over to order a live animal. And if an adult can't handle adult language, I Don't Give A Shit!

Goodbye everyone

Old 11-14-2016, 03:49 PM   #40
Kittycatpenut
I don't see why everyone is picking on this guy for lying. A customer doesn't need a reason to cancel an order that hasn't shipped. He only lied because the vendor pressured him for the reason why he wanted to cancel and get his money back. He should have been refunded when he asked.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!