Bad Guy Snakes At Sunset - Terrible Communication - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-14-2016, 04:27 PM   #51
Kittycatpenut
Stating no refunds in a TOS doesn't mean anything. It doesn't mean they can refuse to refund them

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Old 11-14-2016, 04:29 PM   #52
DavidBeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittycatpenut View Post
He felt pressured regardless. I'm saying it shouldn't matter that he lied. It's really not important to the issue, which is poor customer service and communication

So I guess you're psychic, seeing as how you're able to know what other people feel? lol.

I have a feeling theres several people on this thread who need a "safe place" to retreat to when people don't talk to them exactly the way they want.

Old 11-14-2016, 04:32 PM   #53
Kittycatpenut
Why's everyone being so aggressive? I just don't see why you guys are attacking him the reason he gave for cancelling an order for not trusting the seller. It doesn't matter.

Old 11-14-2016, 04:33 PM   #54
DavidBeard
Quote:
Stating no refunds in a TOS doesn't mean anything. It doesn't mean they can refuse to refund them

Actually, that's precisely what "no refunds" typically means. Are you trolling here or are you really that oblivious?

Old 11-14-2016, 04:34 PM   #55
Kittycatpenut
A TOS is not a legally binding document. You can't refuse to refund a product that hasn't been received

Old 11-14-2016, 04:58 PM   #56
Lucille
Quote:
A TOS is not a legally binding document. You can't refuse to refund a product that hasn't been received

Now you are telling people what they can or cannot agree to? Sellers certainly can specify their terms.
If a TOS says no refunds/ store credit given, then that is they way it is. Some sellers will be flexible, and ask the reason, but they do not have to do that.

Old 11-14-2016, 05:01 PM   #57
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalMethods View Post
In reply to the mod note:

No I did not read through the rules here. If you all want to have stupid rules about not being able to link to external reviews, whatever. That's fine, I don't need this account and I am not a buyer here on this website ANYMORE.

Go ahead and FUCKING ban me

You should have to be 18 and over to order a live animal. And if an adult can't handle adult language, I Don't Give A Shit!

Goodbye everyone
Why, it will be my pleasure to grant your request. How does a year sound? Will that be enough time for you to develop a bit of maturity?

Old 11-14-2016, 05:01 PM   #58
Kittycatpenut
Refusing to refund someone because of a TOS isn't going to hold up in court. A TOS is a guideline as to how a business handles things, not law

Old 11-14-2016, 05:04 PM   #59
Lucille
Quote:
Refusing to refund someone because of a TOS isn't going to hold up in court. A TOS is a guideline as to how a business handles things, not law

You are incorrect. As long as the buyer knew of the TOS, it is part of the sales contract and ordinarily he is legally bound, those terms become part of the contract between buyer and seller.

Old 11-14-2016, 05:18 PM   #60
Lucille
Online TOS has generated a lot of interesting legal cases. If a TOS is never presented, even in a link, there may not be enough there for the customer to be bound. In some online agreements, there is a box to check where the customers says he has read the TOS and agrees to be bound by those terms. In that situation, assent is pretty clear.
But the very reason to have a TOS is so the buyers and sellers know when they go into a deal what the terms are.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!