Bad Guy TJ reptiles Jack Wilson Belfast - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-17-2017, 01:52 PM   #1
Alex Beckett
TJ reptiles Jack Wilson Belfast

Review for TJ reptiles in Dundonald, Northern Ireland

IMPORTANT UPDATE- MY BABY HAS NOW DIED AT 13 WEEKS OLD. JACK IS FULLY AWARE OF THIS BUT I HAVEN'T HEARD A WORD FROM HIM

****reviews on his page have now been switched of in an attempt to hide this****

Bought a baby bearded dragon a couple of months ago. She was only 3 weeks old, I didn't realise at the time that this was way too young to be sold because I trusted him.

After 5 days she still hadn't eaten I sent him a message on Facebook. It was ignored and I still needed help so I went to his shop to ask for advice, he didn't have any bugs the right size for her, despite and 18 other identical babies that would need feeding. He was somewhat dismissive and I left feeling no better about the situation.

I had to seek out advice elsewhere, after I discovered that the problem could have stemmed from her very young age, I sent another, very friendly and polite message asking him to consider holding on to the other 18 or so hatchlings for a while. This message was read and ignored for at least a week.

I left a bad review on his page at this point, mostly about his lack of customer service but at this point the baby was still not doing well. Suddenly had his undivided attention. I received threats from him, he claimed that her condition was all my fault and she was fine when I got her, he used the fact that his sister had just died to excuse his behaviour in ignoring my requests for help. This was a lie and has been confirmed by a personal friend of his.

I spent a lot of money on vet visits and supplements and live food that would never be eaten. I syringe fed her 5 times a day every day just willing her to snap out of it. She never did. The day before she would have been 13 weeks, she had been having a good day, fairly active and not looking as stressed as usual. She was on my arm after a bath and suddenly took a seizure that lasted just under a minute. I rushed her to the vet but once he seen her, it was decided that it would be best to put her sleep. She died in my hands.

I have screenshots of all correspondence, even stuff he put on his wall in reply and then deleted later. He has blocked me now but I don't really care because there is nothing he could say that will make this better.

I don't care about the money but I don't want other animals to go through this.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:05 PM   #2
Snake-Queen
You will need to attach your images via fauna and not another place.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=304671

When I bred bearded dragons, I didn't sell till they were at least six weeks old, because you may have one that may not thrive and refuses to eat.

Thank you for trying with the little one.

Look for a local breeder for your next baby, one who cares about the animals and their customers.

Do you have proof that his sister did not die?

Old 07-17-2017, 10:08 PM   #3
Alex Beckett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
You will need to attach your images via fauna and not another place.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=304671

When I bred bearded dragons, I didn't sell till they were at least six weeks old, because you may have one that may not thrive and refuses to eat.

Thank you for trying with the little one.

Look for a local breeder for your next baby, one who cares about the animals and their customers.

Do you have proof that his sister did not die?

Many personal friends of both his, and his fathers (his dad is a well known and liked snake breeder here), have confirmed she did not die and her Facebook is still been used.

A got another huge baby from a lovely local breeder. She gained the entire weight of Diamond during the first 8 days she was with me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!