Inquiry John Gibeau - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-12-2016, 06:31 PM   #1
DavidBeard
John Gibeau

Has anyone done business with or can they vouch for an individual named John Gibeau? He has a Fauna Acct, username csmgibeau, linked below:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...er.php?u=92850

He apparently has had some issues with forgery and falsifying information before, as evidenced here:

http://www.davmembersportal.org/chap...m.aspx?ID=3930

And now, he is claiming to have a Masters Degree in Amphibian Biology on Facebook. Requests to back up this claim have been ignored. Just wondering if anyone has more info on this person, since he seems to have some trouble with the truth?

Old 12-12-2016, 06:39 PM   #2
DavidBeard
Here is a screen shot of his academic claim, the context of the conversation was an evolution/theology debate on a mutual friend'a FB post.
Attached Images

Old 12-12-2016, 08:10 PM   #3
Lucille
A quote from a previous post of his. Somehow I don't think he is going to simply supply requested credentials.
Perhaps the current spate of 'fake news' in the headlines is an indications of what is to come in terms of fact checking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmgibeau View Post
More BOI crap started where someone is guilty before proven innocent, over something questionable as a BOI subject in the first place.

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...ad.php?t=37284

Old 12-12-2016, 08:50 PM   #4
DavidBeard
I found that same article on Google, Lucille.

He finally did respond to me on FB with more vague indirect posts, but he did admit to lying and committing fraud.
Attached Images

Old 12-12-2016, 08:51 PM   #5
DavidBeard
Continued screen shots...
Attached Images

Old 12-12-2016, 09:01 PM   #6
DavidBeard
I apologize for the lack of continuity with the screen shots above, much of the conversation was a back-and-forth between Mr. Gibeau and myself where was ignoring my questions and denying the legitimacy of my posts. Some of them had profanity and I did not feel like screen shotting and editing all of them due to lack of relevance. I also found this link:

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=37238

Old 12-12-2016, 09:10 PM   #7
DavidBeard
I take it back, I did find one other relevant post. He claims to have graduated from UMD, which I presume to be the University of Maryland based on him mentioning the school previously in regards to schools that offer graduate degrees in Amphibian Biology (something I found to be false in my own research).
Attached Images

Old 12-12-2016, 09:13 PM   #8
Cletus Marley
Has he tried to scam someone or are you just trying to out him as a liar?

Old 12-12-2016, 09:30 PM   #9
DavidBeard
I do not know if he has scammed anyone, but looking through his previous Fauna posts, he has attempted to back up known scammers in other threads, so I wanted to err on the side of caution and make people aware of his behavior since he is claiming to have a Master's Degree in Amphibian Biology & may use those false accolades to scam someone in the future.

Someone representing the scientific herpetological community online needs to be on the up and up, and its obvious Mr. Gibeau is anything but that.

Old 12-12-2016, 09:48 PM   #10
Cletus Marley
The Herpetology Community is lucky to have a watchdog like you on the job. Well done!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!