Info Scam - Tortoise Center .com - www.tortoisecenter.com - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:22 AM   #21
zovick
Further evidence of something really not right can be noted in their ad as posted by Robert in post #7. Notice the 45 lb. weight they have listed for a 10-12" Radiated Tortoise! Over the years I have had some Radiateds over 17" long SCL and never had one which weighed more than 35 lbs.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:35 PM   #22
pagankoala
Yea when I click on there policy tab it just asks for ur info lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Old 02-07-2017, 11:36 PM   #23
pagankoala
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagankoala View Post
Yea when I click on there policy tab it just asks for ur info lol

Name:  Screenshot_20170207-233409.png
Views: 275
Size:  299.2 KB
I took a screen shot

Old 02-10-2017, 02:14 PM   #24
Sue Henson
Not sure if this is relevant to this thread, but it raised a flag. This was posted on Craigslist Columbus, OH. It made me wonder because a previous poster mentioned the person in question stated he lived in Georgia. This ad gives a Georgia phone number. I Google reverse Image searched the photo and it only found one match, from some ad on a pet site by a lady in Belgium.
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2017, 03:34 PM   #25
pagankoala
I know I'm new to this site compared to most of u but I can't believe how many scammers u guys find u all do great work it's saved me 2 times already in the past year from buying from scammers

Old 02-11-2017, 07:24 AM   #26
Guy Castro
Quote:
I know I'm new to this site compared to most of u but I can't believe how many scammers u guys find u all do great work it's saved me 2 times already in the past year from buying from scammers

That's one of the best reasons to buy a membership here!

Old 02-11-2017, 04:49 PM   #27
pagankoala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Castro View Post
That's one of the best reasons to buy a membership here!
Were do I do that buddy cause I'll send money to help u guys out

Old 02-11-2017, 05:09 PM   #28
lillyorchid
You may find more info on being a contributing member here: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/payments.php

Quote:
Were do I do that buddy cause I'll send money to help u guys out

Old 02-12-2017, 06:02 AM   #29
Prahanien
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Andrew I notified them of your thread, this is their reply to me:

To: xxxxxx(I crossed out my email)
Sent: Monday, February 6, 2017 4:01:32 PM
Subject: Re: Contact Us Form Submission

Sounds ridiculous,
I guess that is an aggressive tactics from competitors or something.

Who has time for all that?

We are legit and we have trading for many years now.

But we have not have such dis credible messages before.

Thanks we have to get to the bottom of it

Andrew, can you please post proof of infringement, that the photos are original and yours on your site, and that the Tortoise Center has subsequently used them without permission?
Pardon, but shouldn't the burden of proof be on the website's end? Like as far as proving they have permission to use such photos? Andrew shouldn't have to be proving that they /don't/.

Just curious! That's usually how it works in the art communities I'm in but I'm not sure if that translates to business/reptiles.

Old 02-12-2017, 02:36 PM   #30
Craig Wyatt
Solely based on how much I hate scammers I decided to call this guy. He did answer. I asked about Aldabras and he made it sound like he had plenty of them. Within 2/3 mins on the phone he hung up on me. But pretty much immediately texted me. So I decided to bait him along just so I can post the text exchange. I have an iPhone and he obviously has an android based on long texts that he sent me. So some of them are extremely out of order. But you guys can do your best to follow along. Be patient it's about 10 screen shots.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!