getting " envenomated " can get you ........ - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-28-2006, 07:22 PM   #31
Vinny D
yes, what i said about the easterns is very true. it's hard to find but if you look in the right places you will find it. it was brought to my attention by the curator of reptiles at the philadelphia zoo. i just called him and asked him where i can find this information. so im waiting for a call or e-mail backi will get it to you asap but it's no lie. and if any1 else know's about this please let us know. thanks

Old 02-28-2006, 07:34 PM   #32
crotalusadamanteus
You quoted Dr. Fry above, I believe i will ask Him. He has answered questions in past for Me. If he is away, I am sure I can find something. There are many knowledgable people on many forums, when it comes to hots. Thanks again

Rick

Old 02-28-2006, 07:40 PM   #33
Scott Ashton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny D
i dont know why everything i say gets twisted and turned around. i have never lied about 1 thing on here. and their is no LD-50 for atheris ssp or antivenom. so thats a little hard to do u know. atheris is a very poorly studied ssp. that is why my envenomation is in the medical journal. because it was the first time that a bite from atheris chloroechis was TREATED WITH ANTIVENIN. yes other ppl have lived from them but they never received the correct AV. which is S.A.I.M.R a south african polyvalent used for some african hot's. and lucky enough in my case it worked. so please tell me why u would jump on me like that. if YOU dont even know what your talking about??
Actually there have been LD-50 values established for Atheris specifically Atheris squamiger at 5mg/kg.

Vinny, and I mean this with your best intersts in mind - quit while you are behind.

Old 02-28-2006, 08:29 PM   #34
Vinny D
im not going to quit at all. i never have and never will. or unless i gan get u fellow herpers to understand what im trying to say. in sted of all jumping on me. i do understant why. yes i came off to all of you big headed and thinking i know it all. beleve me i dont. but i do know alout. i just want to tell ppl my mistakes and experiences just like i have been doing. this is the first place where i recived such brutal feed back. i have said im sorry if i have offendid any 1 in anyway. and again i have never lied about 1 single thing on fauna. and yes i do know A.Squamiger has a ld-50 but squamiger is not chloroechis but fairly close. i never ment to come to fauna to all have this drama. all i wanted to do was share my experiences good or bad. thanks

Old 02-28-2006, 08:33 PM   #35
Vinny D
i do beleve dr. Fry is at home now. because he just e-mailed me about a week ago. but with his work you never know what part of the world he is in. and on his fourms he asked my to tell everything about my envenomations. and i never got 1 since put down. i guess i can see now which is the better fourm. or should i say more professional

Old 02-28-2006, 08:37 PM   #36
Dennis Hultman
That quote posted from the news article refreshed my memory. I have to search but if I'm not mistaken-
Vinny,the person that sold you the snake, Did you sue him? I remember the article somewhere on the BOI.

Old 02-28-2006, 08:39 PM   #37
Scott Ashton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny D
im not going to quit at all. i never have and never will. or unless i gan get u fellow herpers to understand what im trying to say. in sted of all jumping on me. i do understant why. yes i came off to all of you big headed and thinking i know it all. beleve me i dont. but i do know alout. i just want to tell ppl my mistakes and experiences just like i have been doing. this is the first place where i recived such brutal feed back. i have said im sorry if i have offendid any 1 in anyway. and again i have never lied about 1 single thing on fauna. and yes i do know A.Squamiger has a ld-50 but squamiger is not chloroechis but fairly close. i never ment to come to fauna to all have this drama. all i wanted to do was share my experiences good or bad. thanks
Vinny - if you want people to understand what you are saying (or rather typing) perhaps you should give pause before commiting your thoughts to the forums here. You stated that there were no LD-50 values known for Atheris as a whole (re-read your post).

The problem is not that you come off as big-headed or arrogant, quite the opposite, you actually present yourself as being relatively ignorant.

And I didn't mean that you should quit in general, but you are clearly not furthering your cause by continuing to contribute to this topic. My point was that you should walk away from this discussion with whatever modicum of respect you have left in the eyes of my fellow Fauna members.

Old 02-28-2006, 08:40 PM   #38
Dennis Hultman

Nope- Not the BOI. Here it is!
Here it is. Now I remember.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=35417

Old 02-28-2006, 08:49 PM   #39
Vinny D
here is what Dr. Bryan Fry wrote back to me after tellin him about my C. Adamanteus envenomation

Hi mate

Sorry to hear about your bite. Sounds like a nasty one. From what you've described, sounds like the venom had a fair concentration of neurotoxins similar to mojavetoxins. Neurotoxins in Crotalus are grossly underappreciated. All Crotalus, and all pitviper and most viper, venoms have neurotoxins in them to one extent or another. They are normally not one of the dominant components and are usually over-looked clinically.

Did you recieve antivenom? If so, its important that the doctor gives you a ten day prescription for predinisolone. This is a corticosteroid that helps prevent serum sickness, a delayed reaction to the antivenom that can produce very uncomfortable flu-like symptoms such as achy joints and nausea.

All the best
Bryan

Old 02-28-2006, 08:50 PM   #40
Vinny D
im telling all of you im not lying well their 1 so called lie fixed

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!