Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 106 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:25 PM   #1051
LD50_Junkie
Quote:
People showing up with sickly animals is exactly why I pretty much quit going to shows. Scared to death I'll bring something home one day.
It's like going to the hospital or doctor's office. If you weren't sick before you got there, you will be after!

Old 01-19-2011, 08:14 PM   #1052
piper92
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
There's enough people here to pass the word along if she tried to sell animals there.

People showing up with sickly animals is exactly why I pretty much quit going to shows. Scared to death I'll bring something home one day.
I don't think she'll show up with any animals to sell. I do think it's a possibility that she'll go to acquire more though.

Who knows? I hope I'm wrong.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:23 PM   #1053
LD50_Junkie
But who would sell to her?

Let's not forget that this hobby is in so much trouble because of the vendors who have, do and will sell to anyone to make a buck. People who have no business with large boids or less than savory husbandry practices.

I mean, really, who NEEDS 70 boids? Who NEEDS 70 cats? No one can adequately care of those numbers of animals without a workforce of skilled employees. And no one can QT in a private facility (read: a house) with 70+ snakes.

A la the IBD's etiology maybe?

Old 01-19-2011, 08:24 PM   #1054
LD50_Junkie
no one can care for***

Old 01-19-2011, 08:32 PM   #1055
RachelSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD50_Junkie View Post
But who would sell to her?

Let's not forget that this hobby is in so much trouble because of the vendors who have, do and will sell to anyone to make a buck. People who have no business with large boids or less than savory husbandry practices.

I mean, really, who NEEDS 70 boids? Who NEEDS 70 cats? No one can adequately care of those numbers of animals without a workforce of skilled employees. And no one can QT in a private facility (read: a house) with 70+ snakes.

A la the IBD's etiology maybe?
This is getting sort of off topic, but I DO think it is entirely possible for someone who SOLELY relies on their reptile keeping and breeding, and doesn't have another job, to properly care for that many snakes. It's POSSIBLE. It isn't EASY, but possible.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:36 PM   #1056
LD50_Junkie
but she shouldn't be breeding them anyway. It should be a literal crime if she sells any of her snakes at this point...

Old 01-19-2011, 08:46 PM   #1057
amercnwmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelSS View Post
This is getting sort of off topic, but I DO think it is entirely possible for someone who SOLELY relies on their reptile keeping and breeding, and doesn't have another job, to properly care for that many snakes. It's POSSIBLE. It isn't EASY, but possible.
Obviously not in this case.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:56 PM   #1058
LD50_Junkie
It would take someone exceptional. But she's exceptional for all the wrong reasons...And the very reason this thread exists is testimony to that.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #1059
piper92
I wonder what any of the vendors from last year's Austin Expo would think about having their animals in the same room with as ones that are possible carriers of a very serious disease.

http://www.redtailboa.net/forums/rep...stin-expo.html

Old 01-20-2011, 12:25 PM   #1060
sally-dog
Now, watch those pictures disappear! I wonder why the Jampea wasn't there? Probably because he was visibly ill! She had him for sale just 13 days after the dates on those pictures.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd