Falys..where to draw the line??? - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #91
mcleodschams
no i no not have pics of mine as i donot breed the faly yet but from my own obsevations have lead me to this conclusion i am not attacking anyone i am askin a question because i want to be able to make sur next month when i buy my falys i am not gettin a cross. well i hope i can decifer a pure from a impure well enough to not get stuck breeding crosses by accident. but in most ambanjas you see that curly nose tip and faly u see that slope of a nose tip also the second pic the cham has a high ringe on his spine unlike the faly in the first that has the nice sleek look of a faly also the green in the second look like a lime green not tuqoise

Old 04-08-2012, 03:53 PM   #92
mcleodschams
mitsio have an under developed rostral compared to most locales. and most of the pics i have been looking at of all dofferent locales have what i have described as rostral difference i believe that the rostral has a big part of telling locales apart im sure there are cases that prove my theory wrong but most i would say are right

Old 04-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #93
mcleodschams
http://www.pardalis.be/nosymitsio.htm here is a good site with lots of pics to go through and compare rostral formation!

Old 04-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #94
mcleodschams
it may be different from younger to older (rostral size and form)

Old 04-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #95
clarkrw3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcleodschams View Post
no i no not have pics of mine as i donot breed the faly yet but from my own obsevations have lead me to this conclusion i am not attacking anyone i am askin a question because i want to be able to make sur next month when i buy my falys i am not gettin a cross. well i hope i can decifer a pure from a impure well enough to not get stuck breeding crosses by accident. but in most ambanjas you see that curly nose tip and faly u see that slope of a nose tip also the second pic the cham has a high ringe on his spine unlike the faly in the first that has the nice sleek look of a faly also the green in the second look like a lime green not tuqoise
Don't worry I didn't take it as an attack. This is exactly what I would like in this thread...people to discuss ideas of what the locale is and look at as many picture of faly both WC and CB as possible.
What do you mean by "High ringe on his spine"? Remember there is a big difference in 24g and almost 100g. Also when buying faly unless looking at adult animals they aren't going to have a rostral. You can see in my last picture the shot of the pointy back portion of the head like Lee pointed out. Believe me both these guys NEVER look lime green, they show the same hues of green from bright turquoise to a darker blue/green.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #96
tkilgour
Mine is looking a lot like yours clarkw3. Mine tends to be more white and less blue. However, the blue is starting to show on his face and eyes mostly. He also has tons of red rain all over his body. My boy also has the exact rostral process as yours. I was too busy for photos today and it was warm enough. It looks like we will have warm weather again by mid week so I will work at getting some good pics for everyone and for a new thread on the cham forum.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:49 PM   #97
mcleodschams
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkrw3 View Post
Don't worry I didn't take it as an attack. This is exactly what I would like in this thread...people to discuss ideas of what the locale is and look at as many picture of faly both WC and CB as possible.
What do you mean by "High ringe on his spine"? Remember there is a big difference in 24g and almost 100g. Also when buying faly unless looking at adult animals they aren't going to have a rostral. You can see in my last picture the shot of the pointy back portion of the head like Lee pointed out. Believe me both these guys NEVER look lime green, they show the same hues of green from bright turquoise to a darker blue/green.
we need some same age groups to compare and pick out what we are able to see that can define pure in different age stages!!!

Old 04-09-2012, 12:22 AM   #98
robmd1
heres a few pics of one of my cb falys...

Old 04-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #99
clarkrw3
Great! Thanks for posting these photos Rob!! So this guy has a very similar Rostral as the second animal I posted (Maromo) This animal is a little over a year correct? He has it all I would say except for that Rostral that Steve was talking about. That would indicate to me that Lee might be more on track as far as how important the rostral is in indicating purity. This guy has the green/blue coloration the red and LOTS of white in the head and body. Anyone have anything to add about the this most recent set of picture posted?

Old 04-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #100
robmd1
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkrw3 View Post
Great! Thanks for posting these photos Rob!! So this guy has a very similar Rostral as the second animal I posted (Maromo) This animal is a little over a year correct? He has it all I would say except for that Rostral that Steve was talking about. That would indicate to me that Lee might be more on track as far as how important the rostral is in indicating purity. This guy has the green/blue coloration the red and LOTS of white in the head and body. Anyone have anything to add about the this most recent set of picture posted?
Yeah i figured i would post up a few, figured if i posted others mite post theres so we can see all the diff types of falys

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!