Info Beware of this Scam: james_becky36@yahoo.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:38 PM   #1
Russos Reptiles
Beware of this Scam: james_becky36@yahoo.com

Hello,
I just wated to let everyone know that another scam is being sent out to adds listed on Kingsnake.com today. This is a copy of the first email that was sent to all of the adds I have listed on Kingsnake:

I will like to buy your item let me know if its availiable for sale,i will like to let you know that i making payment with money order get back at me if its ok by you
james

I replied with:

James,
Which leopard gecko would you like to buy? Yes, a money order will work. Take care!

He replied with:

Thanks for the reply i will like you to please forward ASAP your details,Full name and Address and telephone number for the payment to be issue to you ,I am counting on your support in concluding this transaction

He never told me what hewanted to purchase. That was my first hint something was wrong. Anyway, I just wanted evryone t be aware of this guy. Take care!

Brian Russo
Russo's Reptiles

Old 07-05-2009, 08:55 PM   #2
Beardedsbloods
This is what I recieved from him in an email
Thanks for the reply,My name is becky James and i locate in Montana ,Ihave a family of four,My son is ten and my daughter is seven,my number is 18054192104,I am not home right now and leave me a message if I do not answer.. I will like to know the price of the sanke if the price is okay by me and its good to go i will like to pay for it and my mode of payment will be via MONEY ORDER which
you can cash instantly at your bank,the payment will be sent down to your place via FedEx courier service.About the shipping there is no need for you to worry about that because i will have my personal shipping agent sent down to your residence for the pick up and inspection but i will need your help in remitting the shippers fee because I have not gotten in contact with the shipping agent for sometime now so what i want to do is that i will add excess fund i mean include his payment together with yours and once you have the Money Orders from FedEx and have them cashed instantly at your bank,Then you will deduct your payment and have the rest paid to the shipping agent via WESTERN UNION as soon as i have him located okay,he will be able to make arrangement to take his flight to your resident then and pickup then ship.So if this is okayby you i would want you to provide me with the below information which will be used to send the payment to you I hope you understood me explanation to you..1. First and Last names(which will be issued on the MONEY ORDERS)2. House address(physical home address where UPS will deliver payment too)
3. Phone number.(in case i need to contact you urgently)I will be waiting for the details so that i can mail the payment to
you...Here is my cell No..18054192104 Thanks and GOD bless you

He was wanting the price for the snake but the add was for a gecko.

Old 07-05-2009, 09:25 PM   #3
David Reid
I think everyone should call his cell number, and hopefully run up his bill.

Dave

Old 07-05-2009, 09:38 PM   #4
th3jok3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reid View Post
I think everyone should call his cell number, and hopefully run up his bill.

Dave
agreeed!! text him with picture messages hahaha

Old 07-05-2009, 11:13 PM   #5
Shadera
Montana eh? The phone number area code comes back California. Do they really think we're this stupid?

Old 07-05-2009, 11:23 PM   #6
kitsunex
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
Montana eh? The phone number area code comes back California. Do they really think we're this stupid?
yeah i was about to point that out. i live in montana, and area code for the entire state is 406.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!