fed ex only delivers to businesses??? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:57 PM   #21
Cat_72
That's really odd. Here's a portion of the tracking from my last shipment....

This tracking update has been requested by:

Company Name: ReptiCreations
Name: Catherine Peterson
E-mail: catlynn@wctatel.net

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

Our records indicate that the following shipment has been delivered:

Ship (P/U) date: Oct 10, 2007
Delivery date: Oct 11, 2007 10:48 AM
Sign for by: Signature Release on file
Delivered to: Residence
Service type: FedEx Priority Overnight
Packaging type: Your Packaging
Number of pieces: 1
Weight: 2.00 lb.
Special handling/Services: Residential Delivery

Even though it was a home-based business delivery, with a business name to deliver to, it was counted as residential since it wasn't in a commercial area. But yes, it was still delivered.

I am noting also that even though it was supposedly sent signature required, they used the standard "release on file" line however....

Old 03-24-2009, 09:09 PM   #22
Fox321
Business to Residential Update

I just thought this was a bit interesting...

So i get an email showing my "PASSED" inspection from Fed Ex to get certified. I get a call from my "new" rep and she leaves a voicemail saying..."I'm not sure why your last rep told you that Fed Ex doesn't ship reptiles from business to residential because we DO!" ... left me kind of speachless.. From what I understood, it was only business to business that was allowed. Maybe they've finally changed that!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!