Pete Kahl good guy? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-18-2005, 09:36 AM   #1
JuliusSqueezer
Pete Kahl good guy?

I am not much into morphs unless I happen to find them first (which is never lol) due to the shallow genepools that soon follow their discovery. We all have heard and seen the one eyed albino boas and at least those of us who possess a single moral would never consider breeding these one eyed wonders nor would we sell them to be bred...and we CERTAINLY would not misrepresnt them would we? My fiance is always bugging me for a snow boa. To date the price is still a bit high for my taste for an animal with such a low survival rate...but from time to time I search for ads to see what they are running. Then today I find this ad...which happens to be placed here at Fauna....
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...p/t-24564.html

OK...Not for one second do I believe that while in Pete Kahls care, he had TWO baby boas obviously within a very short period of time get their eyeballs poked out by accident. With all the one eyed albinos being born...does this not raise an eyebrow? I do not believe Pete Kahl represented these animals in this way nor am I convinced they came directly from him...surely by now Pete has culled out the one eye producers? hopefully anyway...If by some freak of nature this story is at all accurate, I would love to hear how exactly such a responsible keeper happens to have 2 freak accidents of this nature at the same time. Has anyone had any dealings with this guy, Jerad Huepenbecker who makes these claims? If it can be proven that these eyeballs were lost due to snagging on a nail or something, I might be a player but I will take no word but that of Pete Kahl and I want to see photos of them both before the accident sporting both eyeballs

Old 01-18-2005, 09:41 AM   #2
cyberfrog
I happen to know for a fact the Pete had an Arabesque albino baby that was born blind and he gave it away as a pet. That baby would be worth a nice chunk of cash with or without eyes, but he gave it away. I know he also gave away a normal arabesque just because it had a tiny lump on it's ribs. HE could have probably sold it and no one would have ever even noticed the lump, but he chose to give that on away as well. I don't see how that could be possible.

Old 01-18-2005, 09:46 AM   #3
nicolai
top of the line...

Pete has some of the nicest animals out there ans is a very honest and reputadle breeder/Dealer. Buying from him is buying from one of the best in the business. He always represents the animals he sells very well. You wont go wrong buying anything from him.

Old 01-18-2005, 09:55 AM   #4
DThomas
Brett, that ad is 1 1/2 years old. I doubt you'll get too much info or pictures for that matter.

Old 01-18-2005, 10:09 AM   #5
JuliusSqueezer
That's typical of everything I've ever heard about Mr Kahl...and while the topic of this thread may seem to be an all out inquiry on Pete Kahl, it is a 2 part inquiry. The bulk of this inquiry is meant to be directed at Jerad Huepenbecker aka Hoopy and his claims of where/how he obtained these one eyed albinos and see that they are truthfully represented as I feel very strongly that they are not. If he proves his claims to be true however, I would then hope that Mr Kahl can explain how this accident occured and some assurance that the missing eyes are not from that notorious genetic missing eye gene. This has also sparked another question...I wonder if these babies born with one eye have some disease where they actually developed eyes but they fell out during their birth or shortly before. Has anone here who has actually produced oneeye babies ever sifted through the afterbirth for the missing eyeballs. that information would be extremely valuable and might explain why these two animals lost their eyes shortly after birth...if indeed that is the case. At any rate...born without eyes and eyeballs falling out for no apparent reason would still be the same thing in my book and these animals should NOT be bred ever. Nor should they be represented in such a vague way as to point the blame at accidental eyeloss and not genetics.

Old 01-18-2005, 10:13 AM   #6
JuliusSqueezer
Quote:
Brett, that ad is 1 1/2 years old. I doubt you'll get too much info or pictures for that matter.
awww crap. didn't notice that. I'm so used to other sites pulling old classified ads off and archiving them...plus I found it on a google search so I wouldn't have seen that it was on page one million and six by now lol...anyway...people selling one eyed albinos for breeding projects still makes my blood boil and I can't help from screaming when I see it.

Old 01-18-2005, 03:28 PM   #7
BriarpatchHerps
Pete Kahl is hands down one of the best people you could ever befriend or do business with, the information, animals and service he offers comes only second to his willingness to help. Very few people in this industry or any other for that matter can take their eye off of their own personal gain long enough to be genuinely helpful and supportive to others, I've known Pete for roughly fifteen years now and can say I don't know anyone who performs more selfless acts than he does.

Old 01-20-2005, 12:17 PM   #8
laangslimlsu
Thumbs up Pete's not a good guy. . . he's a GREAT GUY

I have purchased both Pieds and hets from Peter, and have to say that he's a great guy. He's always contacted me the date of arrival to make sure the snakes arrived, and arrived in good condition. He's been very helpful in answering breeding questions / concerns, and I would recommend him to anybody.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!