My Boa nightmare turns to a dream :) (pics of the new fam) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-15-2016, 05:50 PM   #1
bear
My Boa nightmare turns to a dream :) (pics of the new fam)

So if you read my other thread explaining why I got out of the reptile biz and lost my passion for the whole thing all together, this would be the sequel, the one where I get all of my passion back and the new snake family of my dreams. Firstly, ALL of my transactions went smooth, everyone arrived warm and healthy and muscular with no surprises although I am very paranoid and constantly checking their temps and cleaning like a crazy person which is not a bad thing I guess... but anyways to the introductions!

I am going about my collection this time around with one thing in mind. I'm buying my dream snakes/projects and that's it. I won't buy a single snake that I don't think is special and of the highest quality for me to enjoy. So here there are

1st up is Felix, the coral sunglow Motley boa (my wife named him because the kids couldn't come up with anything, daughter kept saying pencil was a good name sooooo...

2nd is Coral, the coral albino arabesque boa, she's 5 years old and 25lbs. Her and Felix will have a date or two as soon as she settles in for a few more weeks or maybe next fall we'll see...

I'll put the next pair in the next post
Attached Images

Old 01-15-2016, 05:53 PM   #2
bear
3rd is nameless so far since the kids haven't met her yet since she's been in shed ever since she got here! but she's a Sharp albino motley and is 6lbs. She's still in shed so the pics aren't great but maybe I'll put some more up when she comes out.

one more in next post and we're done
Attached Images

Old 01-15-2016, 05:56 PM   #3
bear
4th is a VERY SPECIAL boa. He is not here yet and will be arriving in April/May. He is being imported from europe and is a purple sharp Sunglow, the pictures of the adults are his parents and the last picture is him. I am SO excited for him, he is a 2015 neo and he will be raised along with the sharp albino motley above for 1.5-2 years so they can eventually go together and make me some purple sharp motley sunglows.

I can't tell you how excited I am for this purple sharp project, stock like this doesn't come to the US often and I'm thrilled to be fortunate enough to bring in what I think is one of the best males of the litter from a crazy blood line.

These are the only two pairs I am keeping indefinitely, if they produce I will allow myself to go deeper down the rabbit hole, but until that day these are plenty enough to satisfy my need to care for rare and exceptional animals I am really enjoying this again big time and love having these guys around. I love that they are all so special and I have all the time in the world to admire and care for them with no rush to clean out 4 racks and 20 cages...
Attached Images

Old 01-15-2016, 05:56 PM   #4
bear
lol just to be clear, the first two pics are the parents of my boy, he is the last pic

Old 01-17-2016, 11:18 PM   #5
Helenthereef
Glad to hear you are back on the horse! Spectacular animals, hope they all work out as you want. (Actually I quite like the name "pencil".... )

Old 01-19-2016, 10:16 AM   #6
bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
Glad to hear you are back on the horse! Spectacular animals, hope they all work out as you want. (Actually I quite like the name "pencil".... )
lol we still haven't decided on good ol pencil yet so that might stick

Old 01-19-2016, 11:26 AM   #7
snowgyre
Man, those are hot! Congratulations! I would love to get into boas but until I'll have to wait a few more years until I'm landowner. It's hard enough with ball pythons when I'm renting!

Old 02-06-2016, 09:13 PM   #8
Randall Turner
I absolutely love this post. I lost all enjoyment and passion for keeping several years back as well. I've slowly gained it back and of a similar mindset as you, working toward getting only projects I've always wanted and that is it. Good luck with your projects and above all, I hope you keep the joy with working with them.

Old 02-07-2016, 01:15 AM   #9
bear
thanks guys I definitely am enjoying them! got some updated pics of my purple sharp sunglow boy here, very excited for him to get here in a couple months from strange European land

Funny story I ran across some pictures of my old collection and just about shat the bed lol. I had forgotten all the amazing boas I used to have. I had a killer t+ paradigm male and two motley het sharp females, I am kicking myself now knowing I could be sitting on t+ motleys right now. I had 3 arab sunglows I have zero recollection of owning, an adult male albino motley, a killer adult male sharp sunglow. Most of these I literally have no recollection of owning... Goes to show how traumatic this really was for me I seriously repressed my recollection of my entire collection at the time.

The one I DO remember however was a very special female farmed boa that I'm 99% positive would have proved to be a het princess fire diamond (or a new line of white snake.) I would give pretty much anything to have a record of who in the world I sold her to but honestly I think someone from craigslist adopted her for $50 or something and it'd be nearly impossible to find her now. I'd give just about anything to go back in time and just keep her and prove her out for whatever she is.

She was bone white with black specs and bright white eyes, as she got older she got a ton more specs on her kind of like an IMG but not as dark. Definitely something serious in the genes IMO. So much regret, but I know I was in no shape to continue even a single connection. I just can't believe I gave such a perfectly chosen collection up right when I had acquired everything I had wanted.

Old 02-07-2016, 01:16 AM   #10
bear
pics of my purple starting to purple up (apparently it takes a year or more for them to get the purple color, you can start to see his coming in near the tail area and on his sides)
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!