Lucille, Didn't know ya had birds! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Birds > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Birds.

Old 02-08-2005, 11:42 PM   #11
NewEnglandReptile
Stick a fork in me - I'm DONE!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASP!

Your babies are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please excuse me while I pop my eyeballs *back* into my skull!

Can't wait to show these pics to Kev - what awesome little Yummies you have!!!!

***Quick note: we call them "Yummies" since we say "yummie yummie yummie" in a silly, high-pitched voice while we're hand-feeding. The same birds go nuts when you say "yummie!!!" to them as they grow up - it is TOO cute!

Old 02-08-2005, 11:45 PM   #12
NewEnglandReptile
And might I add...my face hurts from grinning so much. Your little ones are simply AWESOME.

Thanks for the smiles!

K~

Old 02-08-2005, 11:52 PM   #13
Karen Hulvey
Oh my, I'm blushing. Thank you so much for your compliment. Here's a pic of my orange faced double dark factor cinnamons. I still haven't figured out exactly what mutation they are. The flash kinda washed out some of their color but one has an orange face and the other has a yellowish face. Their flight feathers are a cinnamon color but for whatever reason their parents started chewing on them just before I pulled them. I'm hoping they didn't do irreparable damage to the flights. What I like is the DDF which makes the rump grey. This pic was also taken a little over a week ago and these two are turning into little gems.

I'm emailing you back right now but I'm writing a book so it's taking me a little bit of time.
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2005, 12:03 AM   #14
NewEnglandReptile
Oh wow...can't wait to see what those will look like as adults!

I'll admit - lovebird genetics are still somewhat of a mystery to me - trying to understand what combos are sex-linked & what splits to whom, where & how.

How many adult pairs are you working with at the moment (if you don't mind me asking)?

K~

Old 02-09-2005, 12:42 AM   #15
Karen Hulvey
I don't mind at all.

I have 14 pr of PF LBs and 3 pr of black masked LBs.

The first pic is of a pair that I have that produced some awesome babies, 2 were violet and 2 were whiteface Australian cinnamon violet. You'd never guess that these two birds would produce those babies but I have no idea what those two bird's genetic lineage is either.

I kept back their entire first clutch and my violet babies today are from their violet babies I kept back. They were only ready to breed this year. The other two are on eggs right now. (Those two are pictured in my Avatar)

The second pic is of one of the two pictured in my Avatar in it's adult coloration. It didn't stay white. There is no pure white albino peachfaced lovebird because there is no pure blue PFLB. If you notice, all the violet lovebirds have a tinge of green on their wings.

And I thought I was the only one who talked with the silly high-pitched voice to my babies. I always call mine "hungry, hungry hippos. Who's the hungriest hippo here?" LOL
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2005, 12:44 AM   #16
Karen Hulvey
Okay, the pic w/the four birds, the one on the top left is one of the birds pictured in my Avatar. The blue one on the top right is it's sister.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!