Reptile Super Expo in Reading or the Hamburg show ? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
Chris_
Reptile Super Expo in Reading or the Hamburg show ?

Well I am able to make it to one of these shows and I have not been to one in awhile and never been to one of the "super shows" so which one should i go to? I would love to make it to both but Will not be able to. So please let me hear your opinions on which one i should go to. This is not meant to be a battle over the 2 shows either just simply would like to know what people recommend. Thanks

Old 07-16-2012, 07:02 PM   #2
Araidia
I've only been to the reading show (just to shop) but it was very nice there, nice and roomy, not to hot or crowded, and plenty of cool stuff to see.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #3
bkline
Go to reading. Cleaner and more roomy.

Old 07-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #4
serena wise
Depends on what you are looking for. Reading generally has a good amount of vendors and nice selection. The building is clean, air conditioned with plenty of walking room. If for any reason there is bad weather, you don't have to wait in line outside either

Old 07-18-2012, 06:15 PM   #5
Durante
I like the Reading Show because its cleaner, parking isn't to bad, not over crowded, & its really close to me. The Hamburg show always seems to have something new though which is a plus. I just have trouble dealing with the smell, parking, & how rude some people are. It wouldn't be bad if people went to look at everything, buy what they wanted, & went home but from my experience you see people who stand or or walk around all day after already seeing everything 5 times with no intention of buying anything. I may be a bit biased because my son usually comes with me making it harder to get around, though.

I do have to go to the Hamburg show on the 4th of next month to pick up a new enclosure if everything goes well the next few days & welcome anyone here to come introduce themselves if you notice me. Meeting a few local folks with the same interest would definitely make the day better.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #6
BillMNJ
I have the same choice to make. Which show to go to. It is about a 1.5 hour ride from where I live and I would really like not to have to go to both shows. I am getting the impression that Hamburg is outside?

Based on the hot weather over the last week in this area, air conditioning sounds pretty good.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #7
Chris_
No its not outside just in a very hot crowded building

Old 07-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #8
BillMNJ
I have been to the White Plains NY Expo but not to either of the PA ones. I do mostly hot scorpions, spiders and pedes, and they had none of those @ NY. I hear PA doesn't have those limitations.

Maybe I will go to both! Thanks for the response Chris. If you go, enjoy the shows.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #9
gixxer3420
Hamburg is by far the better show hands down!!

Old 07-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #10
NIGRO51

The Reading show was a huge disappointment for me. The space and air conditioning didn't offset the small size and lack of variety. Maybe I have been spoiled at White plains but it just didn't stack up to the praise. Hamburg will get me vote every time in the future.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!