Derek Roberts / Sonoran Reptile have not sent me what I paid for! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-11-2004, 12:40 AM   #1
sputnik
Question Derek Roberts / Sonoran Reptile have not sent me what I paid for!

Anyone had any contact with Derek Roberts of Tucson, Arizona?

Derek Roberts
Michael Jones
Sonoran Reptile
sonoranreptile@earthlink.net

I paid for a coastal cerpet python advertised by Derek on KS last month. He received payment 5/3/04 and called me the next day saying he got it.

I had just gone to the post office, so I missed his call. He left a message saying he would try to ship on thursday the 6th of May if he could. Or he would be shipping this week that we are now in.

That didn't happen and I have received no further contact from him at all. I have been emailing him, but NO response at all.

Has anyone else delt with Derek or been in contact with him?

He is using an email that belongs to Michael Jones. papasmurf210@earthlink.net

I realize earthlink have spam software and high security settings that block emails and stuff like that and my email could be getting lost because of that.

I also don't know if he has lost my email or ph number?

I will be calling him tomorrow.

I am just trying to get a hold of him to find out when I will be getting my carpet python? I am not saying he is a bad guy, but I am getting a little uncomfortable with the no contact situation.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Old 05-11-2004, 11:18 AM   #2
sputnik
UP DATE

Derek emailed today explaining there had been a death in the family as well as trying to pack and move into a new house. I won't go into great detail about it as it is a personal matter, but it explains a lot.

Derek offered to ship the carpet on Wedensday for Thursday the 13th delivery.

Hopefully all will now work out smoothly!

Thanks

Old 05-11-2004, 09:27 PM   #3
Socalz
You're not alone. I sent Derek Roberts a Postal Money Order back on Feb 10, 2004 for a '03 male albino Honduran milksnake. I was told that he would ship the animal on Feb 16th. He then e-mailed and said he was too busy and that he'd ship on Feb 23rd. After missing another shipping date, he e-mailed to tell me:

"I wanted to call or contact you to tell you that the male albino hondo seems to have a respiratory problem and it looks like it was from his bedding (i keep him on aspen as with 90% of my snakes and have not had this problem before). I found a "shard" of aspen lodged toward the back of his mouth and it looks like it may be infected now. He is currently in a shed cycle and hopefully will help remedy this problem."

I e-mailed him approximately 3 weeks later asking about the snake and was informed that,

"He is going through a shed cycle right now and seems to be alot better. He should shed in a few days and I will see how he is and feed him. "

That's the last I heard from Derek (Mar 26). I sent an e-mail on Apr 26 asking for the snake or a refund, but he has not sent a response. I think I've been more than patient with Derek so far, but I get ticked-off when he can't bother to e-mail me since Mar 26th, but he can seem to find the time to post more ads in the classified section.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...threadid=37462

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...&postid=123323

Steve Pottberg

Old 05-11-2004, 09:37 PM   #4
Mark and Aimee
I spent a fair amount of time looking into past threads on this guy... And it sure seems like he has a hard time shipping animals out when he is supposed to.

I don't think the computer issues, phone problems, broken bones, family problems, and deaths are going to stop any time soon.

Either this guy has a lot of bad luck, or a lot of lousy excuses.

Old 05-13-2004, 02:36 PM   #5
sputnik
carpet arrived

Just an update, I did receive the carpet python today. It's in very good health. Very impressive looking carpet!

Old 05-13-2004, 08:32 PM   #6
Socalz
You're Lucky!

Congratulations! I'm glad you got your snake. I just e-mailed Derek again asking for a refund. I'd consider myself lucky to get a response.

Old 05-13-2004, 09:19 PM   #7
longissima
Hey Steve,

I was told about this thread today and wanted to get ahold of you, but I have not received the e-mails you sent. I am using the e-mail address listed below and did not see an e-mail addy link anywhere on your previous posts. Please e-mail me at the address below so I can send you your refund. I am sorry this has taken so long and would like to resolve this. Thanks. Derek Roberts

Old 05-23-2004, 06:11 PM   #8
Socalz
Still no contact

Derek,

Just for the record papasmurf210@earthlink.net was the e-mail address you used when you placed your ad at kingsnake.com. It's the same address you used to send me 6 e-mails when we made our deal and to arrange payment. Now when I send e-mail asking for a refund after over 3 months of inaction on your part, you claim that you never received them?

I sent an e-mail asking for a reply on Feb. 26th, 2004 and sent it to papasmurf210@earthlink.net and just for good measure, I cc'd it to sonoranreptile@earthlink.net and subocularis@hotmail.com, but you didn't respond to that either.

A week ago after your last post here, I sent yet another e-mail with my address requesting a refund to sonoranreptile@earthlink.net and still no reply.

Please send me my refund already! I'm tired of the runaround.

Old 11-30-2006, 01:45 AM   #9
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by longissima
Hey Steve,

I was told about this thread today and wanted to get ahold of you, but I have not received the e-mails you sent. I am using the e-mail address listed below and did not see an e-mail addy link anywhere on your previous posts. Please e-mail me at the address below so I can send you your refund. I am sorry this has taken so long and would like to resolve this. Thanks. Derek Roberts
Derek, What's your problem? Seems you like to take loans from unsuspecting customers and not ship their snakes for months after they paid you their hard earned money. This guy would like his snake.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?p=456359

Old 12-26-2006, 10:37 PM   #10
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
Derek, What's your problem? Seems you like to take loans from unsuspecting customers and not ship their snakes for months after they paid you their hard earned money. This guy would like his snake.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?p=456359

This customer has now been waiting more than a couple of months. Ridiculous!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!