question about BD and snakes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 01-25-2006, 05:41 PM   #1
SIRS
question about BD and snakes

hi i jus acquired a unwanted BD and my question is this , i have set up his enclosure in my snake room,and not sure if its jus me but when i take out some not all of my snakes they seem to gravitate to the BD.It could jus be me but was wondering if housing the Bd will bring stress or something on the snakes or maybe even put them in a feeding mode might be a silly question but figured i'd ask before going and making a seperate room for him any suggestions would be helpfull thanks

Old 01-25-2006, 06:06 PM   #2
hhmoore
I don't know what you keep (except 1 burm), or how you house them... but look at it this way - the BD is probably about the size of a medium rat, you (the food source) are holding it, and it is moving. my stomach is starting to grumble just thinking about it... FOOOOOOOD!!!!!!! just don't don't try to handle both at the same time & keep the cages secured when you aren't there...everything should be just fine

Old 01-25-2006, 06:32 PM   #3
SIRS
i wouldn't handle both at the same time,I'll be just asking for trouble ..i just want to make sure it wasn't putting stress on any of them or like i said putting them in feeding mode i guess ill just see how they react in the next couple of days or so thanks again you seem to be around when i need a question asked ..BTW..I'm housing in the same room besides the burm i have 1.1 spotted python ..1.2 corns ..a brb..a gtp ...a brooks king and dumeril