How much money do you need to start breeding snakes? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-10-2018, 12:51 AM   #1
NorthwestSnakes
How much money do you need to start breeding snakes?

I tried breeding snakes for a hobby a while back with very little money and it was a complete fail, so I quit for a while. However, I have been able to save up a little more and I was wondering how much I should put into it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 08-10-2018, 01:05 AM   #2
Robert Walker
What kind of snakes are you looking to breed?

Old 08-10-2018, 01:15 AM   #3
NorthwestSnakes
I'm pretty open to any snake, perferably ones that are easier. I'm ok with corn snakes but I would also like to try some other types of snakes as long as they don't reach over 6' at full length

Old 08-10-2018, 07:20 AM   #4
Lucille
Looking back at your previous posts, you sold your corn snake collection that included proven breeders, then went on to trying to pair a ball python and then wanting to get into hognose.
What exactly was your complete fail?
You need $ for housing, substrate, cleaning supplies, food, housing for babies, vet care if needed, shipping supplies, and many people when they become very successful will start a website. You also will need materials for good record keeping, and if the business is more than a few casual pairings, you might consider business insurance, and advice from an accountant/attorney concerning taxes, etc.

Old 08-10-2018, 10:53 AM   #5
NorthwestSnakes
some of the corn snakes that where proven breeders but where not proven by me, I tried to get ball pythons but never did and I got the hognose snakes but they never tried to breed. I'm pretty sure I gave the hognose snakes what they need to feel the most comfortable to mate and yet they never did.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!