Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 112 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-23-2011, 11:55 PM   #1111
amercnwmn
Oh I definitely feel that way too, I just feel for anyone else who could be directly affected through a careless 2nd party.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:02 AM   #1112
sally-dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by amercnwmn View Post
Oh I definitely feel that way too, I just feel for anyone else who could be directly affected through a careless 2nd party.
I agree, and its a shame. If that happens, the negligent party should be held accountable, IMO.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:30 AM   #1113
boaterr
Quote:
I can't believe people think this is all a joke and we are pathetic with no lives..

I'll admit, I was bored when I stumbled on some of the lies like her snakes being in the same room with the BCL that died from suspected IBD. I wasn't the FIRST one to point out that picture though, and wouldn't have noticed if someone ELSE hadn't pointed it out first.
This thread was a COLLECTIVE effort. Ashley spread herself around so many forums and posted so much personal information, no WAY could one person put it all together.

However I'm not complaining, because of her "sharing nature" we are aware there are some SERIOUS problems, and Rachel & Elizabeth, the Jamp, the corn snakes and her ads posted in a CAR FORUM 2 days after a necropsy indicating IBD are proof that there are WAY MORE issues than JUST an IBD indicative test. If it kept ONE person from buying snakes from her, or engaging in a breeding loan, as I know it has it was worth it, IMO.
It is very aggravating to say the least how many people just brush off the accusations like it was something as minor as occasionally forgetting to clean a cage. I cannot say I am surprised though, this hobby is starting to look more and more like a fashion show where people gain attention by showing off their "hot new morph", these animals are becoming more like jewelry than actually living breathing creatures. When I think about it a good chunk of the members on large snake threads side with Sakara because they themselves are constantly paring up new arrivals without quarantine and im not even going to go into the amount of snakes I see stuffed inside small plastic containers that they outgrew months ago.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:34 AM   #1114
Crypt keeper
Quote:
I can't believe people think this is all a joke
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally-dog View Post
I saw that as well. At this point, I say let the people who don't think there is a MAJOR problem, after seeing all this here, hang themselves.
Im sorry you two have such serious reading comprehension issues.
Nobody stuck up for anybody in that thread. We simply asked that zero drama be brought in. The thread did not warrant it. There is a time and place. No need to stink up a simple picture thread it when all she did was post a few pics of her snake.

Now if you want your drama with your very own $.02 then knock yourself out, here in this thread, that has been created for that purpose.

Oh and Sally-dog, grow the hell up.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:37 AM   #1115
sally-dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypt keeper View Post
Nobody stuck up for anybody in that thread. We simply asked that zero drama be brought in. The thread did not warrant it. There is a time and place. No need to stink up a simple picture thread it when all she did was post a few pics of her snake.

Now if you want your drama with your very own $.02 then knock yourself out, here in this thread, that has been created for that purpose.

LOL!!! Nice!

Old 01-24-2011, 12:47 AM   #1116
sally-dog
Well, since he put so much thought into that post, I feel I should put a little more thought in my rebuttal...

The point of the "drama" as you want to call it is that you are enabling a person who has some serious issues to take care of (this situation here) by telling everyone to keep the "drama" away. If you want Ashley to think she can go around unchecked to find a new place to hunker down and new members for her to infect, by calling a referral to this incident "drama", then by ALL means!

Ashley has been posting on other forums while she never addresses some VERY VALID concerns here.

I have to admit, though. IBD is QUITE dramatic!

Old 01-24-2011, 12:47 AM   #1117
amercnwmn
Quote:
Us two?
#1: I am not a member there
#2: my post was meant as a general statement about Ashley and anyone who supports her continuing to conduct business as usual

I HEARD about what was said about me on the retic forum in regards to me "not having a life" but since I'm not even a MEMBER there, I can't even read the posts, or defend myself..so that was pretty uncalled for, IMO.

I didn't start this thread out of "boredom", or as Ashley likes to claim because I'm "jealous". LOL I started it because I saw serious problems, like the SPREAD OF A DISEASE and some of the people who were about to get swept into her BS were friends of mine.

The other things that have cropped up:
ads posted 2 days after she found out from her vet that her boa died of IBD, pictures showing her to be a liar in regards to quarantine,
mites on snakes she sold,
continuous mite issues
lies about the breeding status of the Jamp retic,
lies about the retic's health and temperment,
lies about the number of deaths
lies about testing she's said to have done...

all have served to cement my initial opinion of her, and made me realize I did the right thing by starting it.

If you don't like it, or agree with it, that's your choice, but don't attack me for trying to protect my friends and others.
I just don't want anyone to go through a bad business deal and get screwed over if it could have been prevented.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:50 AM   #1118
SirenSanJose
We know she was advertising and attempting to sell snakes after the IBD diagnosis. What I don't *think* has been stated yet (at least that I could find?) is which ones were for sure sold after the vet report came back.

At LEAST three accounted-for-by-name animals that SHE HERSELF listed as having been potentially exposed to "Little Boy" and IBD (and in her possession upon receiving the report) were sold AFTER she got the IBD report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakaraGT4 View Post

Below is a list of all my boas and pythons that this disease may be contracted to.

Akira (F) - 2008 normal boa - $65... Market price/replacement value = $65-$100
Skye (F)- 2009 paradox albino 66% het snow boa - $1100... Market price = $3,000 - $5,500
Kahlua (F)- 2009 pastel x argentine cross boa - $100... Market price = $125
Phoenix (M)- 2008 Hypo het albino boa - $350... market price = $250-$450
Remi (M)- 2008 Hypo het sharp albino boa - $450... market price = $375-$800
Phantom (M)- 2008 Double het snow boa - $150... market price = $125-$200
Fira (F)- 2008 Double het snow boa - $150... market price - $125-200

Little Bit (F)- 2008 anery bcl boa - $350... market price - $400-$800
Haze (F)- 2009 Purple albino reticulated python - $300... market price $450-$1,000+
Rhea (F) - 2009 50% jampea het albino reticulated python - $1,000 = market value
Champ (M) - 2009 50% jampea het albino reticulated python - $750 = market value
Lillith (F) - 2007 normal ball python - $35... market value - $30-$100
Spidee (M) - 2008 spider ball python - $120... market value - $250-$400
Rayne (F) - 2007 Sharp albino boa - $750... market value -$800-$2,000+
Aeros (M) - 2007 hypo het albino - $300... market value - $250-$450
Aurora (F) - 2008 het albino boa - $150... Market value - $75-$200
Nagini (F) - 2007 normal burmese python - $100... market value - $100-$200
Ruby (F) - 2000 common boa currently pregnant to a double het snow... unknown value because of unknown number of babies in her and I do not know if she is a het. If so she could be worth between $3,000 - $6,000+
(Snakes that are underlinedhave died since that posting.)

Her iHerp page lists the three animals in bold above as SOLD:

I also can't figure out what happened to Akira. He's not listed as "sold" or "deceased", but is also no longer in her photobucket album. He was found in a screenshot on the "for sale" page of photobucket back in December 2010. So I guess, perhaps, he sold? I know that's questionable and we'll never know for sure, as she hasn't uploaded new photos to photobucket since September, and hasn't logged into iHerp since October. But it's still a somewhat worrisome unknown.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:51 AM   #1119
kaotik94
Quote:

I stated the TRUTH in that thread...little boy. You ARE supporting the "thing" by even giving her the time of day to post how nice her retic is. You are giving compliments to a lying p.o.s. that could give a rats ass about the animals she keeps and sells.

You want to call stating FACTS drama..??? I call it looking out for other people reading that thread.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:55 AM   #1120
SirenSanJose
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotik94 View Post
I stated the TRUTH in that thread...little boy. You ARE supporting the "thing" by even giving her the time of day to post how nice her retic is. You are giving compliments to a lying p.o.s. that could give a rats ass about the animals she keeps and sells.

You want to call stating FACTS drama..??? I call it looking out for other people reading that thread.
This sounds exciting. Link to the thread in question?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd