Miscellaneous indigo stories discussions topics - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-09-2004, 06:20 PM   #1
t. larson
Miscellaneous indigo stories discussions topics

etc.

Thought we ought to have an "anything about snakes", "general discussion" thread to help broaden the spectrum here and maybe motivate more activity.

http://www.angelfire.com/home/thaneshomepage/

Old 11-19-2004, 06:39 PM   #2
t. larson
wish....

lists.

Thought this might generate a little interest. Whats on everybody elses wish list ? Mines pretty short and is a toss up between a very few snakes. Most of you know mine already, I'm curious to know what everyone else's wish list is. What and why.

Old 11-20-2004, 07:07 AM   #3
Eric East
I've always had a thing for Arizona coral snakes but, IL does not allow the keeping of HOT stuff.

Eric

Old 11-22-2004, 12:54 PM   #4
t. larson
Talking Wish list....

Ok. Here's MY short list. I'm going to keep my options open for awhile (a year or two or three). I need to unload my E. T. Ridleyi first, to make room for whatever I decide on, since I'm keeping my collection extremely small (two large, MAYBE one small type). Here goes:

1. Mussurana (very interesting and gorgeous animal). Has the extreme feeding response I like.

2. False water cobra (extreme feeding response).

3. Black headed python (very unusual and nice snake. Only boid that interests me).

4. Female Eastern indigo (to mate with my male. I know dry fans will encourage me to go HERE, AND I may).

5. Maybe one of the african house snakes (for small variety. Some have nice colors/patterns and easygoing temperament)

6. Or one of the grey banded kings (for small variety.)

Any input, ideas, suggestions are more than welcome.

Old 11-23-2004, 12:44 PM   #5
epidemic
Great choices

All are great choices, and you can add the exceptional feeding response to both the Aspidites as well, as both subs harbor an incredible feeding response.
I'm curious though, why no Pseudaspis cana??

Jeff Snodgres

Old 11-23-2004, 01:10 PM   #6
t. larson
Mole...

I could add that maybe. I'd like to learn more about them and see a few good pics too.

Old 11-24-2004, 03:08 AM   #7
Patrick Dring
Thane has good taste in snakes! I have indigos, cribos, and false water cobras ..and I too would like to get hold of some mussuranas, and the guy who mentioned pseudaspis cana...well, a pair of those too... even down to the house snakes I agree with him.. funny that he lists those in the same breath with the others...but he's right in there as far as cool taste...

where I diverge probably is that I like frigging watersnakes!
Is that weird or what? I think me not being driven over to Bill Chases' to buy some watersnakes he had when I was a kid visiting florida, and my parents not wanting to wait around while i tromped around in the swamps while I was there had a adverse effect!! I was traumatized!! (heheh) now I can't get the damn things out of my head.. I have a pair of red mangrove saltmarsh, and a bunch of the big florida browns ..taxispilota.. and a lone diamondback male...needs a mate ..but i'm in bloody canada..fat chance eh?

anyway, cheerz ppl

Old 11-24-2004, 09:02 AM   #8
epidemic
Nerodia

Nothing strange about enjoying Nerodia spp., as they are a diverse and fascinating group snakes to work with.
I find it strange that folks seem to be "warming" up to Nerodia spp. only recently...
As for an interesting indigo story, if you take a look at the photo of the mating pair of D. m rubidus (Mexican red-tail indigos) I posted to the photo forum that is actually the female pinning the male. I have all six of the available Dry subs, have been working with Drys for over 20 years and this was a first for me..
Here's the pic, in case you didn't see it within the photo gallery..

Best regards,

Jeff
Attached Images

Old 12-16-2004, 11:46 AM   #9
t. larson
More wish lists.....

C'mon everyone. It'll get a lot of other misc. discussions going too. I'm interested in seeing what's on everyone elses wish lists too.

Old 12-22-2004, 08:46 AM   #10
oldherper
Well...

I have 5 of the available subspecies of Drymarchon , so the only thing on my wish list would be the 6th...couperi . Since Georgia just doesn't seem to want to issue permits for them, I guess that one will stay on my wish list. I kept them years ago, before they were protected and after when I lived in a state that allowed it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!